Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just last Friday that the latest release in the Masters of the Universe Classics went up for sale - Adora - and she's already in my hot little mitts. The sub has worked pretty well for me so far, although I have to admit that the usual double dip on shipping is a tad annoying.

Adora is good...but not anything all that special. She-Ra fans are going to be a lot more excited about the release of that figure, but you can't have Batman without Bruce Wayne. She'll be a lot better add to the collection once She-ra is on the shelf with her.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget to vote in the People's Picks! Less than a week left to get your votes in...

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2009.htm

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

I was just reading the recent Mattel Q&A report over on the .org site and this is rather worrying:

It's All True

1. SilntAngl asks: I think I speak for most of the fans when I say that I love that MOTU Classics follows the blueprint of the vintage MOTU line, but is there room in the line for some new takes on old characters or some all-new characters? Something that we’ve never seen before like a Battle Armor Faker or an Evil Horde-counterpart for Extendar (WTF!) (that could make his parts reusable)?

This is a very cool idea and something we have discussed at Mattel. As the line extends into 2010 and beyond, we may just look into these types of possibilities and maybe add A-List bonus figures on a quarterly basis. What do you fans think? Would you prefer a Battle Armor Faker over* say, Dragon Blaster Skeletor as an A-list update? What say you?

Hmmm . . . hell NO! I could look the other way regarding Mo-Larr thinking he was likely a one-off con exclusive but this is potentially disastrous.
No-one really wants made up characters so that would be a daft venture.
Unnecessary variations is not a good idea, too many He-Man and Skeletor variations is what killed the previous MOTU line. Are Mattel so dense that they can't learn from their previous mistakes.
The proper "A-list" characters getting limited to one every 3 months!!! You must be joking!

Well, I for one would welcome a Battle Armor Faker, I think it could turn out really cool. And Dragon Blaster Skeletor would be sweet. Love that figure.

I wouldn't mind if they made new characters that were in the spirit of the originals. That might be a cool way to extend the line. I'd prefer that to NA.

i thought they already confirmed long ago that they were gonna be making all new characters to add to the line eventually? i guess i wouldn't mind it after they ran out of regular characters.

I wouldn't mind brand new character that fit into the MOTUC Universe and were related to the bios.

i thought they already confirmed long ago that they were gonna be making all new characters to add to the line eventually? i guess i wouldn't mind it after they ran out of regular characters.

I might not mind either,but the original stuff must and should be done first...the new characters your talking about, that they would add to the line, were characters from the 200x cartoon (marzo,carnivus,faceless one,evil seed etc)

I might not mind either,but the original stuff must and should be done first...the new characters your talking about, that they would add to the line, were characters from the 200x cartoon (marzo,carnivus,faceless one,evil seed etc)

marzo was in the original heman as well.

Well it seems I may be in the minority concerning the inclusion of all-new characters and repaints. My point is simply this, if Mattel start to churn out the same figures only with a slight paint and name change people may start to lose interest, this will be detrimental to the line as a whole.
If they decide to only release the likes of Claw-Ful, Man-E-Faces and Ram-Man etc. every 3 months completing the core cast of MOTU characters will take forever or run the risk that the line won't go the distance and we may never see them.
I cannot see these possible new charaters selling as well as the "A-list" characters, people won't know them or care about them.

Well it seems I may be in the minority concerning the inclusion of all-new characters and repaints. My point is simply this, if Mattel start to churn out the same figures only with a slight paint and name change people may start to lose interest, this will be detrimental to the line as a whole.
If they decide to only release the likes of Claw-Ful, Man-E-Faces and Ram-Man etc. every 3 months completing the core cast of MOTU characters will take forever or run the risk that the line won't go the distance and we may never see them.
I cannot see these possible new charaters selling as well as the "A-list" characters, people won't know them or care about them.

I agree...repaints are usually always a bad idea...mattel just wants to keep re-using molds and thats not always good either

here's my Adora. hard to pick a good pose. i settled on this one.
IMG_1255.jpg

Awesome pose Craw!! :rock!!!!

Back