Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once they release Man-E-Face and Ram Man I don't care what they do.
I have a feeling they will hold Ram Man for the very end, though.

The Org isn't so different from this place - it's just that they have a singular focus. Pick any one property that SSC or Hot Toys are producing and go through the related threads here. The Org has nothing on the TDK or SW fans on this board.
well true. i just don't see all the fascination with POP over MOTU. it doesn't make sense. it's like chewbacca living on endor. it doesn't...make...sense. why would a 7 foot tall wookie want to live with some 3 foot tall ewoks?

well true. i just don't see all the fascination with POP over MOTU. it doesn't make sense. it's like chewbacca living on endor. it doesn't...make...sense. why would a 7 foot tall wookie want to live with some 3 foot tall ewoks?

I totally agree. But not long ago they were lamenting "too many female figures." It's the group mentality. TDK fans were intolerable when they declared them the best figures ever and equally intolerable when HT released tweaked versions and they declared the originals garbage.

That's why this thread is awesome. We all love these things, we come from lots of different perspectives on collecting, but no one's life depends on it.

Here's what I call my watertight Anit-POP argument.

MOTU was created specifially for combat fighting.
POP was created for fashsion and grooming.

Too totally different ideas that to me make little scence together in the purely toy format.

However IF the POP characters are given weapons instead of combs and look like fighting warriors, then they can be included.

Too totally different ideas that to me make little scence together in the purely toy format.

However IF the POP characters are given weapons instead of combs and look like fighting warriors, then they can be included.

Well put. I think they will be appropriately "Classic." That doesn't mean I want them, but if I must have them due to my subscription, I can cope.

i'm all for POP as long as they keep the rooted hair, butterflies, mermaids, and teddy bears out of the mix and only release about 2 a year. no need to overrun the line with girls.

The Horsemen will have to do a LOT of work to Bow to make me want him on my shelf. I actually wish Etheria would have shown up in the 200X series because then the designs may have been more tolerable.

Unfortunately the die hard POP fans like to ignore the what the POP toyline was and constantly try to put it that POP is somehow equal to MOTU.
It simply isn't.

Since I've received He-Man and Beastman over the last week, and have had time to "play" around with them--posing them and testing the joints out--I have to say, these are much better "toys" than some of the other stuff I've seen available at retail. The quality and apparent durability of these is well beyond that of the DCUC or Hasbro Marvel Universe figures, anyway. Quality and sculpt-wise, Mattel did a great job with these, in my opinion.

Since I've received He-Man and Beastman over the last week, and have had time to "play" around with them--posing them and testing the joints out--I have to say, these are much better "toys" than some of the other stuff I've seen available at retail. The quality and apparent durability of these is well beyond that of the DCUC or Hasbro Marvel Universe figures, anyway. Quality and sculpt-wise, Mattel did a great job with these, in my opinion.

No doubt, it's the best line out there. I got the new Beastman and now want to sell my original but only because I don't need the extra. These are what toys SHOULD be. Well sculpted, well painted, great joints (now). It's just an awesome line and I don't regret getting into it at all. MOTUC FTW!! :rock

Unfortunately the die hard POP fans like to ignore the what the POP toyline was and constantly try to put it that POP is somehow equal to MOTU.
It simply isn't.

The real problem is that Matty wants US to think the same thing.
POP characters should not be included in our MOTU subscriptions because they are. not. the. same.
I guess we just have to take it. There had to be a down side eventually.:D

wait til you have a whole shelf lined up with a dozen or more of them. best thing to happen to toys in a long time. aside from a lot of loose ankles i don't think there have been any duds in the line yet.

No doubt, it's the best line out there. I got the new Beastman and now want to sell my original but only because I don't need the extra. These are what toys SHOULD be. Well sculpted, well painted, great joints (now). It's just an awesome line and I don't regret getting into it at all. MOTUC FTW!! :rock

:lecture

These things are what we imagine we had as kids.

the real problem is that matty wants us to think the same thing.
Pop characters should not be included in our motu subscriptions because they are. Not. The. Same.
I guess we just have to take it. There had to be a down side eventually.:d

2/15/2010 WRITE That DOWN, INDEED.....!!!!!

Nice take on the MOTUC topic. The combs and completely doll associated fashions are what made POP starkly different than MOTU. With the POP figures having weapons and action figure looks and features, they fall well within the fantasy /adventure perspective that the original MOTU toyline was inspired to be. I still don't want to many POP figures saturating this line too quickly, but I don't mind a little bit added gradually over time.

Back