Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that Mattell figured they were losing customers because of scarcity. To be honest, they were losing me.

I'm not paying $75 for an aftermarket He-Man or Skeletor figure ... and if I don't have those two, I don't have any interest in any others. What would be the purpose in a Stratus or Man-o-War sitting on a shelf without a He-Man?

The re-releases are a logical step. Their brand has gained publicity since the original He-Man issue, but the absence of reasonably-priced He-Man figures was probably keeping quite a few individuals (like me) out of the line entirely.

SnakeDoc

:peace :peace :peace

my weekend prediction

June- Fisto
July- Clawful
August-Mekaneck
September- Stinkor
Bonus-Panthor
Sneak- She-Ra

Yeah, you may not be too far off. She-Ra is practically a definite as is Keldor after seeing their accessories at the art show.
I think you could be on the money with Stinkor and Panthor (flocking flocked variant too) as we already have the Man-At-Arms and Battle Cat toolings respectively.
We are probably going to see Man-E-Faces before Mekaneck again because the tooling exists with Optik.
Clawful and Fisto are way down the line imo.
Can't wait to see the Snake Men especially after seeing the DCUC Copperhead sculpt.
I personally want to see a Snake Armor He-Man/Grayskull figure with two new interchangeable heads: a calm expression for He-Man and a gritted teeth one for Grayskull.

My guess is that Mattell figured they were losing customers because of scarcity. To be honest, they were losing me.

I'm not paying $75 for an aftermarket He-Man or Skeletor figure ... and if I don't have those two, I don't have any interest in any others. What would be the purpose in a Stratus or Man-o-War sitting on a shelf without a He-Man?

The re-releases are a logical step. Their brand has gained publicity since the original He-Man issue, but the absence of reasonably-priced He-Man figures was probably keeping quite a few individuals (like me) out of the line entirely.

SnakeDoc

I don't think Mattel is losing customers at all... this line has been selling like pancakes since day one!!
And they don't give a crap about the secondary market, as long as they make their revenue...
The only reason they are doing the re-releases is to make more money, simple as that...

Yeah, you may not be too far off. She-Ra is practically a definite as is Keldor after seeing their accessories at the art show.
I think you could be on the money with Stinkor and Panthor (flocking flocked variant too) as we already have the Man-At-Arms and Battle Cat toolings respectively.
We are probably going to see Man-E-Faces before Mekaneck again because the tooling exists with Optik.
Clawful and Fisto are way down the line imo.
Can't wait to see the Snake Men especially after seeing the DCUC Copperhead sculpt.
I personally want to see a Snake Armor He-Man/Grayskull figure with two new interchangeable heads: a calm expression for He-Man and a gritted teeth one for Grayskull.

I really don't care about the Snake-men, they are my least favorite...
I rather see more members of the Horde before.
And I agree that we'll see Stinkor, Panthor, She-Ra, Man-E-Faces really soon!! :banana:banana:banana

I don't think Mattel is losing customers at all... this line has been selling like pancakes since day one!!
And they don't give a crap about the secondary market, as long as they make their revenue...
The only reason they are doing the re-releases is to make more money, simple as that...

My statement would probably have been better phrased if I said they were losing "potential customers". Gaining customers and making money are the same thing. They re-released to increase the customer base ... and make money. Profit is the only reason these things are out in the first place -- as action figures are rarely made as a non-profit contribution to mankind -- so I'm not sure that's a problem.

SnakeDoc

Check this out!! :horror!!

Most of you know we updated the perks to the donation Tier levels on the forum.

Now we've added a way for fans with any e-mail address to register to He-Man.org

Back in 2002/2003, we prohibited the registration of free e-mail accounts.
Frankly, it was one of the best thing we ever did.
It's kept out a LOT of spammers, forum trolls and general trouble-makers.

But we're aware that a select few of you out there only want to register with a free e-mail account (like GMail, for example), and some of you have asked for a way to make that possible.

So, we've added a Tier 1 donation level that permits exactly that.
It's only 10.00.
And that little bit helps with our monthly hosting costs, allowing us to offer this site to He-Man and She-Ra fans across the globe!

Of course, we recommend the Tier 3 or better. You get some awesome forum perks.
Below are all the donation levels we offer, and what you get for each level.
We hope some of you find this useful, and we thank you for your support!

In exchange for your donation, we've devised the following tier donation system that grants you benefits depending on how much you donate.
Donations are cumulative, so you can reach higher tiers over time with multiple donations.

If you want to donate more to reach the desired tier of your choice, use the Donate What you Can button below to specify your donation amount.
We'll be automatically keeping track of multiple donations from the same person, but feel free to e-mail us to verify. We may take a few days to get back to you, so don't be alarmed by any delays.

And please be sure to read this site's Terms and Conditions before making any donation.

Funny think is that I don't exactly see pancakes flying off the shelves quick. Actually ever....

llook what some schmuck just posted over at the .org
Lerath666;[url said:
https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?p=2339259#post2339259]They[/url] Really need to do less than that, a simple retooling of a few pieces is all that's needed, for the boots, a simple retooling of skeletors boots, Slightly Re-tool He-ro's head to remove his crown, and slightly re-tool randor's forearms to remove the bracelets. And re-tool the wrapped bots to make them smooth, and we have superman's mold the only 100% new piece would be the new crotch and belt.

I'm not buying the two-pack, not as it currently stands. I'm in the camp that thinks that they should be "in scale to each other, in the comic AFAIK, he-man is not some mongoloid Steroid monster( ok, he is, but I mean in comparison against Superman), and Superman is not bruce lee, which is how their scales play off against each other as it now stands.

Come on matty... It's not that difficult a change, the fans will buy it if you do it, and it is more likely to make casual buyers sign up on the website to buy the MOTUC. For all the headache the Masters figures are every month, It's FAR LESS of a headache than Going on toy safari to find the DCUC figures.

though, he does make a good point, i do agree with this. :monkey3

I agree with that guys rant too! I am tired of Mattel's cheapness...they could of easily made Superman on a Classics buck
period!

Double Speak ToyGuru

The granddaddy of all Toy Fairs happens annually in New York City, and this year the night of February 14th is dedicated to collectors. Our very own Toy Guru, Scott Neitlich, along with The Four Horsemen, and reps from DC, Warner Brothers, and Sony, will be on hand for an evening of toy reveals.

They’ll be unveiling new products for 2010 from all your favorite lines, including Masters of the Universe® Classics, WWE®, DCU Classics, JLU, and Ghostbusters™. Even though this is a press-only event, check back here on Monday February 15th and we’ll give you your first official look at all those awesome toys!

Get ready, because there are a ton and we can’t wait to show them all to you!

—Matty

What the hell??? he said they were showing stuff off Sunday 3-6 pm eastern time

Double Speak ToyGuruWhat the hell??? he said they were showing stuff off Sunday 3-6 pm eastern time

Well, it's not that big of a deal. Even if they are going to show the "official" photos on the 15th there will be plenty of websites that will have much better photos than any official ones (since Matty's official photos are always so tiny).

lol, what a crazy idea!

I wonder how many people actually sign up and pay the ten bones?

No way I'm going to pay to join the .org. I seems there getting desperate now that Matty has there own forum.

Back