Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in walks the man with some MOTUC figures for sale. :naughty

I'm listening, talk to me. I can work some on the prices if more than just a single figure purchased.

Some interest in hordak, and a skeletor and beastman are on hold through this weekend.

It's funny, I think battlecat is really generating some interest on this line.

So it's BC, TJ, and the stands this Tuesday?

Is every figure going to be re-issued? Will there be third re-issues?

Matty has said not every figure will be reissued. But Matty says a lot of things.
I would imagine they will draw the line at stuff like The Goddess or He-Ro. The A listers will all be periodically rereleased.

Matty has said not every figure will be reissued. But Matty says a lot of things.
I would imagine they will draw the line at stuff like The Goddess or He-Ro. The A listers will all be periodically rereleased.

If that's true, then I almost want some variants. Why keep releasing same figures over and over? I like the scarcity and collectibility and the "hunt" of the collecting hobby.

If that's true, then I almost want some variants. Why keep releasing same figures over and over? I like the scarcity and collectibility and the "hunt" of the collecting hobby.

They have made minor changes, but only where they felt improvement was needed. He-Man's shoulders were corrected (originally backward) and paint was fixed (less redness on the face). Skeletor got a new left hand with a better grip. They need to rerelease the main characters to get new people to jump on but I don't mind tweaking them, even if it's just differentiate from the first release.
If you're in it for the hunt you might have good news - Matty keeps dropping hints about the line going to retail. If that's the case, it'll be DCU all over again. There are people still looking for series 2 of DCU at retail. :lol

They have made minor changes, but only where they felt improvement was needed. He-Man's shoulders were corrected (originally backward) and paint was fixed (less redness on the face). Skeletor got a new left hand with a better grip. They need to rerelease the main characters to get new people to jump on but I don't mind tweaking them, even if it's just differentiate from the first release.
If you're in it for the hunt you might have good news - Matty keeps dropping hints about the line going to retail. If that's the case, it'll be DCU all over again. There are people still looking for series 2 of DCU at retail. :lol

No retail. Homie don't play that game. Even with the hassle of rsod, I prefer online than retail. I still think the hobby of "collecting" merits "distinguishments" rather than just pumping out the same figure over and over.

I don't think it's going to retail...
ToyGuru said unless they tie it to a movie it's not happening...
Retailers won't order this if there's no cartoon, comic or movie with it... the 2-pack is just an exclusive...

my weekend prediction

June- Fisto
July- Clawful
August-Mekaneck
September- Stinkor
Bonus-Panthor
Sneak- She-Ra

My guess is that Mattell figured they were losing customers because of scarcity. To be honest, they were losing me.

I'm not paying $75 for an aftermarket He-Man or Skeletor figure ... and if I don't have those two, I don't have any interest in any others. What would be the purpose in a Stratus or Man-o-War sitting on a shelf without a He-Man?

The re-releases are a logical step. Their brand has gained publicity since the original He-Man issue, but the absence of reasonably-priced He-Man figures was probably keeping quite a few individuals (like me) out of the line entirely.

SnakeDoc

Back