Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man there's something about the creativity in the old vintage packaging that looks sooooo much better than the newer stuff out there.

That Eldor cardback is super sweet!

Man there's something about the creativity in the old vintage packaging that looks sooooo much better than the newer stuff out there.

That Eldor cardback is super sweet!

The something is that they were proper gritty fantasy illustrations.

Folks sadly forget all too easy that everything about MOTU was gritty fantasy except for the toon.
All Mattel's regular and stock art was all quite gritty.

Those images are super rare finds and you get some great info on Eldor and the Book of Living Spells which plays a big part in the MOTUC continuity! :)

Big geek out today!!

Yep,
I do hope we get Eldor soon...
I mean, with He-Ro out already makes sense...
also, what's the story about Gray?
Was there any more info on him?

Was he supposed to be the original King of Grayskull castle?
Instead of 200x Grayskull?...

Thanks dude!
Was this known before this art surfaced?

BTW found this at the .org, it's a transcript of the text,
sounds pretty cool IMO!

Profile: Heroic Guardian of the Book of Living Spells... responsible for transforming Gray into He-Ro, the Most Powerful Wizard in the universe!
Weapon: The Knowledge of the Ancients
Origin: Unknown

The Book Of Living Spells:

The Book Of Living Spells contains the ultimate secrets of Preternia- the Secrets of Transformation. Thus whenever Eldor opens it, he can uncover all the secrets of past, present, and future Eternia- AND CHANGE IT! For nothing on Preternia stays the same... as you will soon see!

HOW TO ASSEMBLE:

1.) Snap open book from either side as shown
2.) Peel off adhesive back of He-Ro hologram & Eldor picture and match them to corresponding engravings as shown
3.) Peel off adhesive back of Tyrantisaurus Rex hologram & Bionatops picture and match them to corresponding engravings as shown
4.) Eldor has hands that (unreadable) at the wrist for holding the ancient Book of Living Spells!

This is for thsoe of you are very unfamiliar with Tytus He-Ro and all that Powers of Grayskull stuff:

Pretty facinating stuff if you ask me!

eldorfront.JPG

eldorback.JPG

I remember when I bought those Dino's back in the day (Trik was my favorite) , who was the He-Ro their boxes keep refering to, now I know. :)

Forget all this overseas crap!!!! I joke E-Mun, keep posting the arts and Euro He-Man items :cool:

I bring u Skeley!!! :rock

WIP16.jpg

Last edited:
Forget all this overseas crap!!!! I joke E-Mun, keep posting the arts and Euro He-Man items :cool

Does that rule apply to Snake Armour He-man too as he was a european only figure too?! Is the coolest He-man variant still overseas crap?! ;)

I get the disinterest though dude. It wasn't stuff that I was aware of growing up either.
The last things I remember seeing were the crappy looking Laser Lights figures. Which I just ignored.
I didn't know about the POG stuff untill 2001.

When I saw Tytus Iwas blown away though as it's MOTU going back to fantasy as an influence. I would loved Tytus as a kid. Bucket an all! :D

that's pretty cool. so they made the box art for the figure but they never made the figure itself?

Yeah, the whole Powers of Grayskull got axed...

Forget all this overseas crap!!!! I joke E-Mun, keep posting the arts and Euro He-Man items :cool

I bring u Skeley!!! :rock

WIP16.jpg

WIP31.jpg

Those are pretty cool!!
I remember seeing the Skeletor one, it's from the guy that commissioned that 1/6 He-Man statue right?

I'm not a fan of the Giants, but He-Ro and Eldor rock!!!

And Snake Armour He-Man was awesome!!
Unlike the Snake Men... :lol

Eldor = Lame

am old fart with robe and magic book...

Last edited:
Oh man,
I can't imagine how much money one of those would sell for!!!
:horror!!!

Anyway, posting this where it belongs,
from Matty's FB:

She-Ra in package!
Today at 12:44pm
Just got in first samples of packaged She-Ra. A few small tweaks but it is pretty much ready to go for June!

15xoksn.png

She-Ra in her package. Packed out just like all MOTUC figures with the same "head look" as the vintage toy.

124fp01.png

Here is She-Ra's package back with an all new bio!

Matty

SHE-RA Most Powerful Woman in the Universe

Channeling the combined Power of the Universe and the Wisdom of the Eldors of Eternia, Adora transforms into She-Ra, the most powerful woman in the Universe. Her strength comes from not brute force but from sheer will and her cunning magical powers and healing abilities. She also has the power to communicate telepathically with animals. As both She-Ra and Adora, she helped lead the Great Rebellion of Etheria against the Horde invaders. Later, when Hordak found an escape to Eternia, she followed him along with several of her friends and allies. Once there, the Princess of Power joined forces with the now renegade Masters of the Universe, who without King Randor had become outcasts in their own land, fighting against Hordak's new tyranny!

Back