Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my He-Man for over a week now and have to say this... he's the BEST figure I've ever owned!!!

I'm so late to this party, being a new dad (17 mths now) I missed the originals, then missed reissues, then gave up. But MOTU has always held a special place in my heart as they were my first action figs I ever had, and from what you guys have posted, I agree with others here that this is one of the best lines ever produced as a whole.

So I've already started selling of some stuff to pay for (the Battle Cat I broke down and paid inflated Ebay prices for today as I couldn't wait for the re-issue) and have Skeletor, Beast Man, and about ten others in my pile of loot at BBTS!!!

:banana:banana:banana

I'm hard pressed as to what display I love most. This or my Hot Toys display!
:lol

Collection-310.jpg

No idea where Battle Cat will go yet! Tis a serious issue!

Collection-full-310.jpg

I
heart.gif
your display... And clearly you
heart.gif
the four horsemen! Which is understandable!

I'm think about get a custom Castle of Grayskull going!

We know He-Man gets front center stage between some impressive cleavage aswell!

I gotta share this because this was just too awesome (also posted on the org)....

Today was one of the most awesome points of my life getting to meet one of the legends behind He-Man at a local comic convention today. The man's name as executive director you see just before it morphs into the Sorceress... needs no introduction... Anyway... Absolutely amazing! I got to ask him a question in a panel discussion about how difficult it was coming up with a story that Mattel gave them only figures to work off of. It was his first con appearance ever. He was also one of the original Disney artists who worked alongside Walt.

He's a super nice guy and I went to his booth after the panel to get some stuff signed, but to my surprise his booth was selling animation cels and that he'd sign them for a little extra, so without hesitation bought one cell piece of Orko and then a rare Filmation Storyboard print. I actually got to thumb through the original filmation folder too. He had all the original stuff and I couldn't believe it. My cousin and I also got a nice photo with him.

Truly a high point to mark in my life of never knew I'd meet that person kind of things. I'm going back tomorrow to get my commemorative Skeletor signed (outer package is screwed up, so I'll just separate the blister & figure from the commemorative package and get that signed.

I also told him I appreciated that they took so much care into what they did and the having family morals at the end of the episodes are something many cartoons today never do. Heck I listened to some of those morals growing up! I wish he talked longer at the panel because I was just fascinated with everything he had to say about his career in Filmation and everything else.

Oh... and he officially REALLY disliked the live-action film, hahaha!

Here's pix from today:

hal_005.jpg

hal_002.jpg

hal_003.jpg

hal_004.jpg

hal_006.jpg

hal_001.jpg

yeah I'm sad

Picked these up yesterday. Lost my original Teela in my apartment fire in january so I picked this one up for $30. and i found the 2 pack at toys r us. they had just put it out. I didn't have enough to get lex/skelley 2 pack. i got some extra money later the same day and it was gone.

004.jpg

I gotta share this because this was just too awesome (also posted on the org)....

Today was one of the most awesome points of my life getting to meet one of the legends behind He-Man at a local comic convention today. The man's name as executive director you see just before it morphs into the Sorceress... needs no introduction... Anyway... Absolutely amazing! I got to ask him a question in a panel discussion about how difficult it was coming up with a story that Mattel gave them only figures to work off of. It was his first con appearance ever. He was also one of the original Disney artists who worked alongside Walt.

He's a super nice guy and I went to his booth after the panel to get some stuff signed, but to my surprise his booth was selling animation cels and that he'd sign them for a little extra, so without hesitation bought one cell piece of Orko and then a rare Filmation Storyboard print. I actually got to thumb through the original filmation folder too. He had all the original stuff and I couldn't believe it. My cousin and I also got a nice photo with him.

Truly a high point to mark in my life of never knew I'd meet that person kind of things. I'm going back tomorrow to get my commemorative Skeletor signed (outer package is screwed up, so I'll just separate the blister & figure from the commemorative package and get that signed.

I also told him I appreciated that they took so much care into what they did and the having family morals at the end of the episodes are something many cartoons today never do. Heck I listened to some of those morals growing up! I wish he talked longer at the panel because I was just fascinated with everything he had to say about his career in Filmation and everything else.

Oh... and he officially REALLY disliked the live-action film, hahaha!

Here's pix from today:

hal_005.jpg

hal_002.jpg

hal_003.jpg

hal_004.jpg

hal_006.jpg

hal_001.jpg
that's awesome man. filmation Masters has some truly great moments. i just watched a few more episodes today. it takes me back to childhood every time i see the filmation letters flash across the screen in the opening title.

Anyone have extra dc vs motu 2 packs of both and are willing to sell? :) Ebay prices are just ridiculous.

Niennumb1 you are one lucky guy! I wish we had the chance to meet people like that where I live congrats man :D!! Also grats to artistrex to getting another teela :)

Delighted you like my set up lads! :D

I'm kicking my ass i didn't get more stands.
If anybody has a set they are willing to part with, please PM me.

Great pics niennumb1!
Most of the people who worked for Filmation I found to be all really lovely people when I was lucky enough to meet them. :)

Back