Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hal_001.jpg

That's awesome man, when I saw Lou Scheimer he was really nice. This story makes my yub nub!

yub...nub? ahem. Just went to Toys r Us and got the 2 packs. The store only received 1 of each. The top of each one is badly bent. I guess it's just too much to put these ''exclusives'' in a protective shipper. Got em, but that's about the only good thing to say. Matty, please start giving a crap, or let me handle this line.

Matty's update on FB:

30ig9ox.png

A note on Moss Man's production and sale tomorrow

Hey He-Fans,

So a quick word on production and ordering before Moss Man goes on sale tomorrow 3-15-10.

When we went into 2010 production on MOTUC, it was based on the number of subscribers we had for Club Eternia plus additional stock for “day of sale”. Because we had a lot more subscribers in 2010 vs. 2009, we were unsure just how many more “day of" buyers we would have above and beyond the subscribers. The last thing we wanted to do was over produce a figure so we went with a conservative number assuming most die hard fans subscribed for the year long deal. (that is what happened to the DCUC 2 packs and JLU 4 packs and notice there won't be any more of those for now).

Well the quick sell out of Adora and Trap Jaw have clearly shown that there are quite a lot of “day of” buyers out there beyond the Club Eternia subscribers. We have therefore increased production but the first figure we could increase was the June Figure, She-Ra.

So a special word on Moss Man. First off, he is already part of the same production quota range as Trap Jaw and Adora so we do expect a fast sell out. On top of that, because we made a running change to un flock the ears, the total production available for non subscribers is split between flocked and non flocked (all subscribers are getting non flocked ears BTW). So basically, if you want Moss Man, best bet is if you get him into your cart, BUY HIM!

We are working hard on reworking the system so that if a figure sells out while you have him in your cart and are shopping for other items you won’t have to go back and re-load your cart from scratch. But this upgrade is not in place yet. So out best advice, due to the very limited number of Moss Man figures to non subscribers, if this is the figure you want, the best bet is to buy him ASAP and not try to load up other items.

Now obviously we know customers want to combine items to save on shipping, so you don’t HAVE to follow this advice. But because in the case of Moss Man his total non subscription production is split due to two versions, we know he will go especially fast.

We are constantly working with Digital River to improve the buying process. You may still see the red waiting screen simply due to the huge number of people logging on at once (similar to buying concert tickets or other high end events). If you do miss out on figures, know that figures who sell out fast will most likely go into a second run (Trap Jaw, Adora and Battle Cat are already green lit for a second run down the road). So in time, your collection will still be complete.

Let us know how things are going and keep posting on my forums. Dedicated brand managers and digital media techs are standing by to read all of your comments and make any improvements we can!

Good luck tomorrow and see you in the toy aisles!

Matty

Source of your pleasure
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=377717988400
https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.3919381409

I always like to order an extra figure when they offer an alt head even though I have the subscription. I was actually going to try and get one unflocked extra and one flocked extra as well as one of the new Stratos, but not sure if I'm going to bother tomorrow.

Maybe I should let some other poor souls have a better chance at at least one figure.

Matty is freaking lame. I'll try for moss man, but I can only speak for myself when I say...I am getting so tired of rewarding these hapless TOOLS month after month. The figs have all been great, save for superman in the 2 pack (total dork) . The next logical step would be to dump DR. Yeah, I know it's not a new complaint. I just don't know how much more crappy service I can take. I'm not a huge collector to begin with, but I was THRILLED to hear about the new He Man line. I took the bait like everyone else, but I aint made of money. I'd love to subscribe, but there are just too many duds in the forseeable future. It's sad that their only concern is the bottom line. So great to be a fan. rant over.

I had a dream that Mattel replaced DR. Oh My God! I can't believe I had a dream about that "effin" service.

Matty is freaking lame . . . The next logical step would be to dump DR. Yeah, I know it's not a new complaint. I just don't know how much more crappy service I can take. It's sad that their only concern is the bottom line. So great to be a fan.

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there Byberry. Mattel have never been a company to stand up and admit to errors, look at the shambles they made of the 200X MotU line. As long as they think what they're doing is right, they will keep plodding along and feeding us bs excuses.
If they REALLY wanted to do something about the whole DR situation they would have made THEM issue an apology for the service (instead of covering for their asses every month) and if they didn't sort their act out to offer the job to someone else.
All that said this should have been sorted out in the line's infancy and not over a year in.

Well at least they are saying up front that you are effed in the A this time.

QFT!!!! HAHAHAAH!! You said it all right there!

So basically we're expected to see a slew of angry posts tomorrow! I'm perfectly happy with my 1 sub Moss Man. I won't even try for flocked ears. I prefer the one I'm getting anyway. I missed Stratos the first time so that'll be my only other one to get and I doubt that will sell out quick.

Any big changes to the reissue one vs the old one?

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there Byberry. Mattel have never been a company to stand up and admit to errors, look at the shambles they made of the 200X MotU line. As long as they think what they're doing is right, they will keep plodding along and feeding us bs excuses.
If they REALLY wanted to do something about the whole DR situation they would have made THEM issue an apology for the service (instead of covering for their asses every month) and if they didn't sort their act out to offer the job to someone else.
All that said this should have been sorted out in the line's infancy and not over a year in.

And having said that, good sir, I only add this: This thing should be FUN. I hardly feel the comic relief when I say THERE KILLEN TEH LIEN!

I haven't read anything besides that one post from Boba Ben that Stratos would be different this time around, kind of like MAA.

Damn... I want to get Moss Man & Stratos tomorrow. Living in Australia. I have to combine the shipping! Finger's cross it works out for me!

Just click on the "For Sale March 15th" banner on the top of the homepage, put everything you want in your cart, and cross your fingers.

Back