Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my Tytus today. Missing the end of his hammer.. grabber.. whatever. The face and body colors don't really match. The plastic is soft. The shoulders suck. And just the handle of the hammer.. grabber... whatever weighs it down.

Really?
So you ordered from that Ebay guy?
Well it's rotocast, so I didn't expect it to be a 12" version of the 6" counterpart...

Really?
So you ordered from that Ebay guy?
Well it's rotocast, so I didn't expect it to be a 12" version of the 6" counterpart...

Yes I did. And when I say soft.. I mean squishy almost. It's not a hard plastic roto, it's very much a soft plastic.

Maybe that's why this guy got ahold of them?
Maybe these are actual production rejected pieces?

Who knows... :dunno

Dunno but either way Im kinda eh on it. The articulation in the shoulders, something that won't be changed, sucks pretty hard

So I got my Tytus today. Missing the end of his hammer.. grabber.. whatever. The face and body colors don't really match. The plastic is soft. The shoulders suck. And just the handle of the hammer.. grabber... whatever weighs it down.

sounds like you got one of the rejects

Well here's an update. After being inside for about 2 hour the plastic isn't nearly as soft. Basically - don't let this guy get warm. The shoulders SEEM to be gripping better.. but the way they are done still sucks. Doesn't change the fact the paint on the face and the molded body don't match. And doesn't change the fact he's incomplete. Overall.. Im still kinda meh about him. He's a cool figure but I think Mattel could have done much better. He set me back $68 and yes, I'll still be trying for one via Matty on the 17.

Sideshow Freaks MOTUC EPIC Battles, it goes down the 17th Tytus™ Figure

1) Arachne (!!!!)
2) Boba Ben : (
3) Deak Starkiller (Yub nub :))
4) kain4521 :yess:
5) Kuzeh :sancho
6) Memnoch (May 17th)
7) piccolodaimaoh :wink1:
8) Skiman :rock
9) superdoug 11:59
10) teemu :wink1:
11) the angry orc :rock
12) The Craw (Pfffft)
13) The Josh :pray:
14) THX-182 :wink1:
15) UTtoyfan :rock

Well here's an update. After being inside for about 2 hour the plastic isn't nearly as soft. Basically - don't let this guy get warm. The shoulders SEEM to be gripping better.. but the way they are done still sucks. Doesn't change the fact the paint on the face and the molded body don't match. And doesn't change the fact he's incomplete. Overall.. Im still kinda meh about him. He's a cool figure but I think Mattel could have done much better. He set me back $68 and yes, I'll still be trying for one via Matty on the 17.

Cool man, I am still stoked. I appreciate your candor. :goodpost:

I'll be buying Tytus, along with my usual subscription figure that month, as I pretty much get one of everything where I can (missed out on the Stands and Bronze Grayskull, and have no interest in re-issues), but I still think he's very much over-priced at $40.

1) Arachne (!!!!)
4) Ex-Parrot (Notlob)
5) kain4521 :yess:
6) Kuzeh :sancho
7) Memnoch (May 17th)
8) piccolodaimaoh :wink1:
8) Skiman :rock
10) superdoug 11:59
11) teemu :wink1:
12) the angry orc :rock
13) The Craw (Pfffft)
14) The Josh :pray:
15) THX-182 :wink1:
16) UTtoyfan :rock

forgot my link
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7MY7dZAYAjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7MY7dZAYAjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ball jointed shoulders and ball jointed hips, I would get one. I can live without the upper arm swivel and ankle joints as well as the ab crunch.

wish these were made like the old marvel legends icons hulk . but I'll just wait for the next go round, and hope they fix his articulation, Loose elbow joints, and his overly hard plastic parts.

1) Arachne (!!!!)
4) Eamon :)
5) Ex-Parrot (Notlob)
6) kain4521 :yess:
7) Kuzeh :sancho
8) Memnoch (May 17th)
9) piccolodaimaoh :wink1:
10) Skiman :rock
11) superdoug 11:59
12) teemu :wink1:
13) the angry orc :rock
14) The Craw (Pfffft)
15) The Josh :pray:
16) THX-182 :wink1:
17) UTtoyfan :rock

Can I get my name on the list of those not buying Tytus? Well, I haven't bought any MOTUC figures but I like being on lists. :)

forgot my link
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7MY7dZAYAjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7MY7dZAYAjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ah! He used my new video intro I made him!

Not sure if I'll be getting Tytus..... Thinking about it..... Never was on my must-have lists. Kinda trying to just get most of the classics from the old toys I used to have.

Add Grizzlor to the list.....ferociuos figure with fur was recently trademarked...thats his tagline

Back