Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... since it's a very sought-after figure from the vintage line... I'm sure a lot of people will get it...
Besides, an obscure character like He-Ro sold out, so I'm sure Tytus will too...

Exactly.... very sought-after figure from the VINTAGE line. You said it!

I'm still on the fence about this one. I don't see this one complimenting my other figures in my display case too well. I don't even know where he'd go.

My only thought in this one is he was once a rare vintage figure people always wanted in their collection, yet this ISN'T THE vintage one they are offering, which therefore isn't as much to the sentimental value as it is just getting it because other MOTU fans have wanted it.... so should I even get it if it's something I'm not too nuts over personally?

Tytus would be awesome to have in the vintage, but as the new one, he just looks like a giant Conan the Barbarian action figure with a mallet.

People need to look passed the scale differences in your collections...he is a GIANT and is meant to be big....if you look at the universe of MOTU...there are Man, Beasts,and Monsters in all shapes and Sizes...they are making more Giants and Beasts..in time it will all look fine together

People need to look passed the scale differences in your collections...he is a GIANT and is meant to be big....if you look at the universe of MOTU...there are Man, Beasts,and Monsters in all shapes and Sizes...they are making more Giants and Beasts..in time it will all look fine together

I never thought I'd say this but I am with Teemu on this one. Well said sir. :exactly:

Exactly.... very sought-after figure from the VINTAGE line. You said it!

I'm still on the fence about this one. I don't see this one complimenting my other figures in my display case too well. I don't even know where he'd go.

My only thought in this one is he was once a rare vintage figure people always wanted in their collection, yet this ISN'T THE vintage one they are offering, which therefore isn't as much to the sentimental value as it is just getting it because other MOTU fans have wanted it.... so should I even get it if it's something I'm not too nuts over personally?

Tytus would be awesome to have in the vintage, but as the new one, he just looks like a giant Conan the Barbarian action figure with a mallet.

You know, as silly as it sounds MOTUC feels so much like an update to the vintage line that getting the new Tytus almost seems like owning the vintage version. At least for me. I was excited about getting He-ro and I am esctatic about getting Tytus.

You know, as silly as it sounds MOTUC feels so much like an update to the vintage line that getting the new Tytus almost seems like owning the vintage version. At least for me. I was excited about getting He-ro and I am esctatic about getting Tytus.

Understood, but it just looks like a giant knockoff toy in some respects. The other larger more colorful beast/giant figures look cool because they don't closely relate to a humanoid-looking figure. That's my only thing is Tytus just doesn't look as appealing as other giant form-factor figures coming down the pike in the future.

I'm super excited for the return of Mer-Man. I missed out the first time.

Yeah, I agree, but I don't think that's the main issue with it. While I think a giant certainly "works" in the MOTU universe, I don't remember Tytus ever even existing among the characters, and thus I'm not sure he's necessary to include in my display. We'll see though... I mean, I'm still getting one at least.

Just my .02, but I imagine other non-hard-core MOTU collectors like myself probably feel the same way...

And put making other big figures in jeoprady? No thanks.

size has nothing to do with it. he just seems like Matty cut too many corners.

Personalty, if they had simply scaled up the MOTUC buck body, made him in hard plastic for the body, used softer plastic for his hair and loincloth, and charged 60$ to 80$ for it, I would get one.

The figure they are asking 40$ for... seems like a 15-20$ figure at most, uses LESS plastic for battle cat, and is just as big for more money?

no thank you.

I hope it rots in their warehouse, and they try harder next time.

it really irritates me because i REALLY wanted to get him too.

size has nothing to do with it. he just seems like Matty cut too many corners.

Personalty, if they had simply scaled up the MOTUC buck body, made him in hard plastic for the body, used softer plastic for his hair and loincloth, and charged 60$ to 80$ for it, I would get one.

The figure they are asking 40$ for... seems like a 15-20$ figure at most, uses LESS plastic for battle cat, and is just as big for more money?

no thank you.

I hope it rots in their warehouse, and they try harder next time.

it really irritates me because i REALLY wanted to get him too.

got news for you....the figure is going to sell out, like everything else

watching pixel Dan's review...the figure looks good and looks to be a cool addition....the original Tytus had 5 points of articulation....whats the big deal? they are making this figure for nostalgic reasons and the fact it never made it into the US MOTU Market...$40 is nothing compared to the collectibles sold today.
toys and collectibles are just going to keep going up in price...you either pay it or leave the hobby

got news for you....the figure is going to sell out, like everything else

watching pixel Dan's review...the figure looks good and looks to be a cool addition....the original Tytus had 5 points of articulation....whats the big deal? they are making this figure for nostalgic reasons and the fact it never made it into the US MOTU Market...$40 is nothing compared to the collectibles sold today.
toys and collectibles are just going to keep going up in price...you either pay it or leave the hobby

So by your logic the added articulation on he-man was also unessacary?

Don't misunderstand. I have n o delusions he'll sell out, I just feel mattell could and should have done him much much better. Battlecat alone proves they could have. They just decided to make him of a lesser quality to keep the price lower..

So untill they adress my issues, I'll hold off.

Back