Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Whiplash going to be a regular figure or Bonus? Please tell me he's a regular because he deserves to be in that realm and I would like to know I have one secured as a sub! :)

I think Marzo should be a bonus figure because he isn't really part of the original core classics. While I'm sure he'll be welcome in many's collections, I grew up with the old ones and didn't really latch on to the 200X cartoon and (guilty) I still need to watch it cuz I heard that series was actually really cool.

I'd really love to see these in the sub line for late this year or next years':

Grizzlor
Mantenna
Leech
Modulok
Two-bad
Clawful
Sorceress
Roboto
Buzz-Off
Kobra Kahn
Rattlor
Tung Lashor
Squeeeze
MekaNeck
Mosquitor
Stinkor
Spikor
Chuck Norris in Rio Blast disguise

Is Whiplash going to be a regular figure or Bonus? Please tell me he's a regular because he deserves to be in that realm and I would like to know I have one secured as a sub! :)

I think Marzo should be a bonus figure because he isn't really part of the original core classics. While I'm sure he'll be welcome in many's collections, I grew up with the old ones and didn't really latch on to the 200X cartoon and (guilty) I still need to watch it cuz I heard that series was actually really cool.

I'd really love to see these in the sub line for late this year or next years':

Grizzlor
Mantenna
Leech
Modulok
Two-bad
Clawful
Sorceress
Roboto
Buzz-Off
Kobra Kahn
Rattlor
Tung Lashor
Squeeeze
MekaNeck
Mosquitor
Stinkor
Spikor
Chuck Norris in Rio Blast disguise

No Fisto or Jitsu? FAIL!

I didn't say I disliked them. That was a list of what I would LOVE to see. I definitely wouldn't mind Fisto or Jitsu!

She-Ra-SG-homagefin.jpg

Love this picture Eamon! Looks familiar,that's right I saw it on your site!

It's very Tom Grummett in it's style! He was one of my favorite Superman artists in the 90's!

It's very Tom Grummett in it's style! He was one of my favorite Superman artists in the 90's!

THATS what it is! I also love Eamon's art, and was a huge fan of Grummetts style back then. I saw this She-Ra art and instantly thought how awesome it was, but couldn't place what it reminded me of.

I remember being thrilled to get the Kenner Total Justice Robin figure back in the day, cause the head was sculpted in Tom's style.

Glad you guys like the Grommet She-Ra.:)

For the record, I have always loved Rio Blast. He makes little sense, but he was a lot of fun when was a kid. His Neca mini statue is one of my fav from that line too.

"Magic is superior to all"

I had best not tell Dan I watched the Marzo review via iPad while sat on the toilet!! Not sure why you guys need to be told that but there ya go.

Really great figure. Yes I am itching to have some what I call 'proper MOTU characters' so Whiplash cannot come soon enough.
But Marzo is one figure I have been very excited by.
He was flippen cool as chips in the 200x cartoon and the figure really captures his awesomeness.

on another note, they should make a cape and shoulder pads for He-man.

TMI Eamon! :lol

I've got to agree with you though, I really liked his 200X character too, it was always interesting to see how he changed the whole dynamics of the evil forces.

On a side note I wonder if we will see him in his "old-man" guise? Similarly I wonder if we will see Odiphus? They could come in a 2 pack with the tag-line, "Annoying runts of Evil!"

Glad you guys like the Grommet She-Ra.:)

For the record, I have always loved Rio Blast. He makes little sense, but he was a lot of fun when was a kid. His Neca mini statue is one of my fav from that line too.

I like him too, but he is just so god damn ridiculoid in an already ridiculoid line. But I have a soft spot for him.

Ok, this isn't my actually display, that's in a state of flux at the moment, I'm namely a 1:6 scale collector and don't have the room for all this MOTU yet. Anyway! I got Faker, She'Ra and Keldor last night. And I really like Faker! Although my pose isn't over exciting, but since I pose my figures in more dynamic poses usually this straight up pose of Faker kind of stands out as being too stiff... like a robot should. Well in person at least, sorry about the iphone camera pics!
38ccc007.jpg

6aef84e7.jpg

1083d867.jpg

a3c0ce15.jpg

5a3cb1a9.jpg

1b6d6e20.jpg

I love posing figures... I honestly think this pose of my TSCollector's Edition is dead on!
88b266e4.jpg

hahaha

I was a little disappointed to read this in Matty's latest Q&A:

Q. When you eventually get to Battle Lion, will he use the same body as Battle Cat and Panthor or will the Horsemen sculpt a brand new larger body for him that is more true to his size in the MYP cartoons?

A. Much as Grayskull is the same size as He-Man, Battle Lion would use the Battle Cat buck. In the Classics line we are using the vintage proportions, not the 200X proportions. You will also see Whiplash and Beastman are the same size as any other figure, they are not larger as they are in the 200X anime style.

IMO Battle Lion should be at least a 1.5 up on Battle Cat, if not a 2 up. The fact is that he is enormous on the show, probably 4 or 5 times the size of Battle Cat, so it's only right to increase the mold size. A Battle Cat sized Battle Lion simply won't look right.

I'd love a Battle lion.

I wonder what armour he would have?
Because of his mane, it's fair to assume he will not have the same head gear as Battle Cat.

I just don't want all three cats to have the same armor.

Lost of new info Q & A from various sources...

https://www.motucportal.com/

1. Can you clarify - while Adam is unable to unite both halves of the sword, is he able to turn into He-Man with the electronic one that MAA built and his vest?

No. The electronic sword was designed to artificially harmonize with the Power of Grayskull, much like the completed Sword of He can naturally, but it is unable to use the power to transform Adam into He-Man. For that the Sword of He is needed. That is why Adam needed to find both halves. He used the Electornic Sword up until both halves were found and united.

2. Count Marzo's print ad stated "evil wizard and instigator of the Great Unrest" - this was not mentioned in his bio. Can you elaborate / confirm, Count Marzo started the Great Unrest.

Yes, Marzo started the Great Unrest as it states on his ad.

3. Recently you've revealed the inspiration behind several of the "real names" used in MOTUC. Could you share the inspiration or meanings behind Whiplash's real name of "Torrant Krazut"?

The name actually came from vintage material. In an unpublished character guide Torrant Krazut was his name.

4. There has been some concern expressed over She-Ra being able to ride Swift Wind due to her skirt limiting her leg movement. Can you confirm, will she indeed be able to ride her trusted steed?

From Toy Guru:

“I was just in Philly two weeks ago and had dinner with Eric and CB. We specifically talked about this issue over the salad course and they assured me a way will be found to ensure She-Ra can sit on her steed!”.

5. For the upcoming TRU MOTUC vs DCU two packs - will we see all new packaging artwork as we did with the first ones released? The first set looked amazing!

Yes, DC Comics is creating more original art for these match ups!

Kitty's Pryde

1) Two-Bad... when are we going to see this guy pop up? He's a huge favorite among fans. Any chance of the toy having the ability to be separated into two figures like in the MYP cartoon as well? That would be an awesome feature!

Sorry, we just can not comment on unannounced figures. But concerning Two Bad, we certainly could do both a Two-Bad and a Badrah and Tuvar figures. All are on the table!

2) With the obvious success of Optikk will we be seeing more New Adventure characters?

We had always planned to do more New Adventure figures. It was great to see Optikk be such a huge hit and you can expect more in the future. If Optikk had bombed we might have taken some out, but they were always in the master plan assuming Optikk would sell well!

3) If a character has been re-released already, like Man at Arms or the Original He-Man, Skeletor, ETC will they ever be re-released again for those that missed them. Or if they've already been rereleased they won't see production again?

MOTUC figures are not retired, so yes we could do a third release on popular figures!

4) Cheif Carnivus and Grizzlor both look good, when can we expect more information on future figures, ie. beyond August aside from Gy-Gor?

We will have a lot of new MOTUC figures to announce at SDCC taking fans into 2011!

Figures.com

Now that the back shot image of Grizzlor was shown at Wizard World Philly, can you tell us if he will be released this year or will be part of the 2011 Club Eternia schedule?

He will be part of the 2010 subscription, and will be shown at SDCC. The reason we snuck him into Philly is because he appears on the cross sell of Mo-Larr and we know fans will see him sooner then SDCC!

We are very excited about Chief Carnivus as the September figure for MOTUC. Can fans look forward to a few 200x-based character every year from now on?

Yes, every year we will try to do one or two 200X characters like Carnivus or Marzo. We are deliberately spreading out all the characters so each year has a nice mix of vintage MOTU, POP, New Adventures, mini comic and 200X characters.

The Gygor figure will make a great base body for 200x Shadow Beasts later on down the line but will they be in the same scale or a bit smaller?

If Shadow Beast was made using Gygor’s body it would be about the same size since they could potentially share the same body with some new parts (head, arms, feet, etc…). Stay tuned, nothing to confirm now.

When you eventually get to Battle Lion, will he use the same body as Battle Cat and Panthor or will the Horsemen sculpt a brand new larger body for him that is more true to his size in the MYP cartoons?

Much as Grayskull is the same size as He-Man, Battle Lion would use the Battle Cat buck. In the Classics line we are using the vintage proportions, not the 200X proportions. You will also see Whiplash and Beastman are the same size as any other figure, they are not larger as they are in the 200X anime style.

It has been confirmed that there will be a MOTUC army-builder 2-pack in November, can we look forward to seeing this at Comic-Con next month?

You bet!

Kastors Korner

Kastor's Korner: A question that has come out of the Chief Carnivus reveal: if we get more generic members of Eturnia would they take up a monthly space or would they be multipack material?

Matty: If we did an army builder of Eternian warriors from a certain race they would most likely be done as an army builder two-pack and would take up one of the “beast/oversized” slots, not a basic figure slot. It is unlikely we will do a generic warrior whether human or Eternian creature race as a basic single figure; more likely as two-packs. Nothing is off the table and things can always change.

Kastor's Korner: Recently you issued a press release that She-Ra's neck peg is still not perfect, meaning subscribers are now stuck with a possibly defective figure. Why not push back figures with issues like this till they can be correctly made?

Matty: The figure is not defective, it just is not working as perfect as we will like. As fans we also hold very high standards on how we want products to look. She-Ra still does everything she is promised to do and the heads are removable, they just don’t swap as well as we originally intended. If we held her back, we would not have had a June figure to deliver to subscribers who bought into a program offering one new figure each month. If there really was a defect we would certainly hold her up, but as stated, all of her features do work, just not as smoothly as we would have hoped.

Kastor's Korner: The females in many of the lines have hair that severely limit the movement of their heads. Is there any way that softer plastic can be used like that used in the wave 13 Blue Beetle to fix these otherwise decent figures?

Our safety requirements actually dictate which type of plastic we can use. It is often a compliance issue, not a design choice when it comes to what type of plastic is used on what figure parts.

https://www.hordak.de

1. A lot of fans would like to have official acrylic cases for their mint on card objects. With the fast sell out of the battle stands is there any possibility for something like this?

Carry cases are always tough. They take up a lot of room on planograms and, in the end, are not the best sellers. It is something we might look at for Mattycollector.com, but more likely, we would do a case for loose figures not carded. Anything is possible.

2. Darius and Mara had prototypes back in the early nineties, as well as there has been a lesser known Kayo/Tatarus variant that never got a release. As we understand and respect that you can not talk about copyrights, are these figures possible or completely off the table at the moment?

Mara might be tough, but the others are possible.

3. A personal question to Toy Guru: We know that the line will have no action features, but IF there was only one action feature to be made in the Classics line, which one would you chose?

Here is ToyGuru:

“We will still do some “tributes” to action features like the swapable plates on Battle Armor He-Man, extra neck pieces for Mekaneck or even rotating gears for Roboto. We just won’t be doing action features like the 200X line had with pegs sticking out of the backs.

I suppose if there was one feature I’d want to do it would be the twist waist. That really is the defining action feature of the line and makes the most sense if we did one.” TG

4. There have been a few "secret accessories" in the past (the warrior ring/ the 200x power sword)- will there ever be new "secrets" with upcoming figures?

A “secret” accessory is really just about how we market a figure. We certainly could and do plan on more for the future! It’s a lot of fun.

5. The most important question of them all: Will Spirit/ Swift Wind be male (like in the cartoon) or female (like on the toy box)?

Male.

https://www.maitresdelunivers.org/

1) In 2008 and in all 2009 we had the first action figures in the MOTUC Brand. In 2010 we had the first creatures, accessories and giant figures. It seems each year, Mattel is going farther into the brand by adding new and different items. My question is, in 2011, will we have the first playsets and/or vehicles?

Stay tuned for SDCC and you just might find out!

2) On Mattycollector's Forum you actualy answered to Merman that you are "looking into way to re-release the old mini comics, but not as pack-ins with the figures". This was posted on March the 7th. Today, can you tell us more about this exciting project?

Nothing new to update. This is still something we are looking into but we have not made progress that we can share with the public at this time. It is something we continue to explore.

3) "DCU VS MOTUC" 2 packs hitted Toys R Us stores in USA and in Canada. You said a few months ago that Mattel may release them in Toys R Us around the world. Will we see them soon in Europe (and particularly in France please ;-) )?

That is up to Toys ‘R’ Us to decide. Once we have any confirmation from TRU where they will distribute these packs we will announce it to all the fans!

4) Last April, we learnt that "Predators" scribes were writting the scenario of the new MOTU movie! Can you please tell us more about it? I mean is the script actually finished or still in progress?

We are continuing to work on a MOTU live action film but do not have any new information to share at this time. Stay tuned!

5) When will Matty's museum open? I'm sure you have a lot of great things, jewels and hidden gems to show us in this section!

We had hoped it would be open by now. We just hired a new manager to help run online content so ideally this extra man power will help get this going faster!

Poeghostal.com

1.) This may have been answered before, but I’ve never seen the answer so I’d like to ask again: does Mattel have the rights to make MOTUC figures based on the DC Comics 3-issue miniseries from the early ’80s? (For example, the evil sorcerer Damon, who originated in that comic.)

Yes. We also have rights to any new outfits or variants of MOTU figures that appear in these comics.

2.) In the past, Mattel has made an effort to explain some of the 200X aspects that appear in the MOTUC bios–for example, the 200X sword with Man-at-Arms. Since you’re not going to be adjusting the sculpt of King Grayskull for his re-release, will the “asterisk” symbol remain a mystery, or are you planning to work that in to the MOTUC mythos at some point?

Yes, we do have a backstory for the King Grayskull symbol and the He-Man symbol. You’ll have to wait and see!

3.) Jii Dee asks: If you have indeed found a solution to the MOTUC female bobble head issue as your Facebook posts assert, will we see the re-releases of all female figures come with this improved neck? or just the new females going forward?

Yes, if we re-issue female figures we will continue to do all we can to improve the neck joints.

Popculturenetwork.com

1) Now that Mattel has the rights to it, is it possible to do a crossover comic and/or two pack with Voltron: Defender of the Universe much like the MOTUC vs DCU packs?

It is way too early to comment on Voltron toys right now. A great idea, but just not something we can go into yet.

3) Is there anyway the card backs of the MOTUC line could be made like the Shocker Toys ones? It looks like their card backs slide out of the the plastic and leave a very collectible and intact card back. As it stands now I am using an exacto knife to cut the plastic bubble down as closely as possible to the card back so that I can file the card backs for future viewing.

It is a cool suggestion, but from a brand point we will not be changing the card backs anytime soon.

4) With all the tooling dollars required for a new Castle Grayskull, would you be willing to try what Playmates did with their Star Trek line, and possibly include pieces of the Castle with future figures? This could be a fund way to build up a small display scene or Castle Grayskull diorama to display the figures with.

We’d rather just do the whole Castle to be honest. Maybe in a movie year…

5) With all the bios being released with the figures in MOTUC, do you think it would be possible that a timeline could be built and set up on MattyCollector.com starting from Preternia and adding bullet points for all the major points in Eternian history? e.g. He-Ro's death, Keldor becomes Skeletor etc.

Yes, this is something we are looking at doing in the near future.

wow, lots of questions. i still wanna see how She-ra is supposed to fit on a horse. and they better not do the "Build a Castle Grayskull" idea. either give us the whole thing or nothing.

Back