Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a more serious note, a camera test with my film camera and new dolly. Sorry for the dark video. It's just a test.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e69dN-i0Vrk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e69dN-i0Vrk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You play with dollies? :rotfl

Oh, wait, different kind of dolly. My bad.

Honestly though, good test. I'd say next time try to line them up where you wouldn't need to move the camera to get head room and you can just do one smooth motion with the dolly and the fixed camera. If you can't do that I'd line them up from shortest to tallest and then you'll just need to adjust up as you go along.

On a more serious note, a camera test with my film camera and new dolly. Sorry for the dark video. It's just a test.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e69dN-i0Vrk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e69dN-i0Vrk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I was actually expecting your figures to start to get in a humpfest. Suprisingly normal images from you this time. :lol

What was Oo-Lar's background before they lumped him into the Classics universe?

There's is none! He is purely made up for this line.
His name is based on an old unused name.

Mattel doesn't seem to know that there usually a good reason why something wasn't used. ie. Demo-Man.

There's is none! He is purely made up for this line.
His name is based on an old unused name.

Mattel doesn't seem to know that there usually a good reason why something wasn't used. ie. Demo-Man.

I can picture the bio writers just flicking through old MOTU sketches, finding these throwaway names and saying to themselves "That'll do."

I like that we may see He-Man (Oo-Lar) from the mini-comics though.

Did a separate test after that last night. a semi-360 rotation. Hard part is staying in focus while moving with such a shallow depth of field:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6UczIf8vSaU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6UczIf8vSaU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Got my Keldor the other day thanks to Memnoch. Here's She-Ra and Keldor.

She-Ra looks diesel next to Wonder Woman
IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

NIce pics dude!!!

BTW... HUGE news by Mattel!!!

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

Matty's News

BIG NEWS! SDCC Voucher Pre-sale Announced
July 8, 2010
By Matty
SDCC Fans,

The Matty team has answered the call of the fans… for the first time ever we’re going to offer a limited number of products (and limited quantities) for pre-sale here on MattyCollector.com for pick up at SDCC! We’re still finalizing the details, but here’s basically how it’ll work:
Be here at MattyCollector.com on Tuesday, 7/13 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET).
Choose the items you want and add them to your cart. Purchase limit of 6 per person applies to all products.
Your credit card will be charged and a confirmation email (voucher) will be sent.
Bring your voucher, the credit card you used for the transaction, your identification, and your Comic-Con badge to Manchester Room 1 at the Marriott San Diego Hotel and Marina, which is just next door to (and connected to) the San Diego Convention Center.
Pick up your product on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday: 10 AM - 12 noon or 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM. All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS so be sure to pick up your purchase(s).
If you are only attending Comic-Con on Sunday, this option is not available to you.
If you don’t pick up your product by the end of the show on Saturday, your product will go into the products available for sale at the show on Sunday. You may be able to purchase it then, but there are no guarantees.
Products cannot be shipped. This option is for pick up at SDCC only, and only available to SDCC attendees (badges will be required).
Please note: there is a limited amount of each product available for pre-sale. It’s first-come, first-served and there are no promises you’ll be able to purchase a voucher for every product. But if you’ve successfully purchased a voucher, you’re guaranteed to get your product – including SDCC-exclusive Starro spores, Plastic Man suitcase, and Orko® with color-change features!

Here are the products we’ll have available for pre-sale. Individual product pages will be posted soon, but you can see images here in the meantime.
Masters of the Universe® Mo-Larr vs Skeletor® Figures
Masters of the Universe® Orko® Figure (with SDCC-exclusive color-change features)
Cars Toon Tokyo Mater
DC Universe Plastic Man Figure (with suitcase)
Justice League of America presents Starro the Conqueror (with Starro spores)
James Cameron's Avatar™ The Final Battle - Avatar Jake Sully vs Colonel Miles Quaritch Figures
Retro-Action™ The Real Ghostbusters™ Peter Venkman™ Figure
Toy Story 3 Disney/Pixar Collection Lotso Figure
World Wrestling Entertainment® Undertaker® Figure
If you miss this sale or the product you want is sold out for pre-sale, we’ll still have these products available for purchase at SDCC subject to availability (see below). We’ll have lots more at the show besides the ones listed above (to be announced soon), so be sure to stop by booth #2945 either way!

For those who can’t attend the show, we’ll also offer limited quantities of these products after the show here at MattyCollector.com on 8/2 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET), although the SDCC-exclusive Starro Spores and Plastic Man suitcase won’t be included, and Orko won’t have color-change features. More details will come on this special sale as it gets closer.

We know you’ll have lots of questions, but as I said, the team is still working out the logistics and I’ll let you know the details as soon as I have them. Please post your questions here and I’ll try to include the answers in my future posts.

— Matty

the site will crash. people won't get anything they want cuz they'll order 6 different figures and when they try to check out it will say "some prodcts are sold out please remove them". then while they are doing that, the WSOD will kick them in the nuts and they'll end up with nothing.

:lol@MATTY

what a joke.

Last edited:
I don't know guys, for those who were there last year (Ill, Scott, Teh Josh, and myself) it was super ____ty getting stuff. If it wasn't for Mesa I'd be He-Roless. Scott, you cool with this presale thingy?

I don't know guys, for those who were there last year (Ill, Scott, Teh Josh, and myself) it was super ____ty getting stuff. If it wasn't for Mesa I'd be He-Roless. Scott, you cool with this presale thingy?
I actually didn't have a hard time at all. A friend of mine got ticket with an appointment time, we just walked up at that time, gave our ticket and waited for about 10 minutes. :monkey3

I actually didn't have a hard time at all. A friend of mine got ticket with an appointment time, we just walked up at that time, gave our ticket and waited for about 10 minutes. :monkey3

I don't know guys, for those who were there last year (Scott, Teh Josh, and myself) it was super ____ty getting stuff. If it wasn't for Mesa I'd be He-Roless. Scott, you cool with this presale thingy?

Fixed.

Back