Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

I didn't like it too much -- I'm gonna see what it looks like in pics from Toy Fair. I saw someone darkened the hair and such in a manip and it did look much better so there's hope for it. :D

I wonder who that was? :wink1:

But yeah I think the sculpt looks great. I just wish there was more pics of it. I guess we'll see with Toy fair coming up.

This was "leaked" today:

ManofSteelSupermanMovieMasterjpg.jpg

Quite a good looking figure!
The upcoming 1/6 Hot Toys Superman figure will be a must have for me, I think I'll also get this one.

This looks pretty good, i may pick one up for my son. Can't wait to see the hot toys prototype though, kal'el (and jor'el) is must own for me. I just hope he comes with more accessories, u know like a highly detailed motorcycle ripped in half which he can pose with as weapons or a prop of destruction, or anything more then a necklace

Last edited:

Zod & Superman look great. Jor-El not so.

The figure looks great.

Cant believe Im saying this, but Im really tempted to buy the HT figures now :rock

??? :lol

Jor-El looks like Ridley Scott, & the Zod looks like Lurch.

Cavill's the good one. :lecture

Cavills the good one? That's not saying much. :lol

Have you seen what Cavill looks like? This Superman figure has very little resemblance. Not that I expect it to be perfect, Im just surprised you think it is a "good" sculpt.

man-of-steel-trailer.jpg

Superman likeness seems about the level of past Movie Masters: not terrible, could be better, but decent for 6 inch scale...

img2605hi.jpg

Yeah it's not bad at all, considering the scale. I just don't find it to be "great" like other people in this thread.

The suit looks pretty awesome. It looks like they brightened up the colors compared to the real deal.

I wish it was textured.

Yeah it's not bad at all, considering the scale.
That's what I was getting at - I know opinions differ, but you can see Cavill in that sculpt. :)

The other two from the neck down are great, but just don't look like them at all.

why cant they just break down and give the fans what they really want, keaton batman and reeve superman? they can call it movie masters "classics" line.

Who needs those when there are Hot Toys versions.

That's what I was getting at - I know opinions differ, but you can see Cavill in that sculpt. :)

The other two from the neck down are great, but just don't look like them at all.

I don't know if I see Cavill at all to be honest. But the overall figure,the awesome looking costume, even with the generic looking headsculpt, isn't bad for $15.

Who needs those when there are Hot Toys versions.

not everyone collects 1/6 or has the money to do that. i always liked the smaller scale figures honestly.

not everyone collects 1/6 or has the money to do that. i always liked the smaller scale figures honestly.

Me too. Plus think of how many you could get for $200, the price of one HT figure. :lol

But don't you have the 1/6 Batman and Superman?

Yeah it's not bad at all, considering the scale. I just don't find it to be "great" like other people in this thread.
I see Cavil there. More so than I see Bale in the Bruce Wayne sculpt.
I wish it was textured.
me too. only slight issue I have with it
why cant they just break down and give the fans what they really want, keaton batman and reeve superman? they can call it movie masters "classics" line.

I don't seem to hear "the fans" clamoring for those :dunno They seem to be all over the Batman TV series though

I doubt they'd ever do a Reeve Superman as I don't think their 12" line of Superman, Lex Luthor and General Zod sold all that well. Not sure if they'd do a Keaton Batman either, but I'd say it's more likely then a Reeve figure.

He's got a lazy eye! :lol

Man%20of%20Steel%20Superman%20Movie%20Master.jpg.jpg

Back