Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

These will all be MINE! :yess:

Love the movie masters line! Hoping to get Zod's earth look and Faora in wave 2 :pray:

Yeah I don't see why everyone says Catwoman and Ra's are hard to find, I saw atleast 10 of each at Toysrus.

It really depends on where you live. I hard a hard time finding most besides Bane and Batman. I saw Alfred only once and I bought that one and never saw him again :lol TRU was actually the least likely place for me to find the TDKR MM figures. I found most at Barnes and Noble and Ras surprisingly at Best Buy on the home video release day :lol

Shouldn't Zod have a goatee?

Shouldn't Zod have a goatee?

he does when he's on earth vs when he's on Krypton and a different suit as well I believe. or it's the other way around

not the best example but this is his other look in the movie

toy_5_20130130_2031619787.jpg

All in all, though, these look fantastic, and, if Mattel could get the likenesses down this well (even if they are just the prototypes), I can't wait to see what Hot Toys does.

Yes they look great, lets hope the paint apps dont ruin them much:monkey1

So true. These are prototypes after all so don't expect this level of quality come the ones on the shelves in a couple of months. Mattel seems to drop the ball every time it seems.

This was "leaked" today:

ManofSteelSupermanMovieMasterjpg.jpg

Quite a good looking figure!
The upcoming 1/6 Hot Toys Superman figure will be a must have for me, I think I'll also get this one.
Nice figure! :clap

Russ-El looks good too. Don't know about the head on Zod though.. :lol

These are great for the price. Superman's likeness is the weakest of the bunch though imo.

This was "leaked" today:

ManofSteelSupermanMovieMasterjpg.jpg

Quite a good looking figure!
The upcoming 1/6 Hot Toys Superman figure will be a must have for me, I think I'll also get this one.

Agreed!
Jor-El and Zod also look good, it'd be a pain not to be able to find them.

mattel-movie-masters-jor-el.jpg

zodtoy1.jpg

I really like the TDK Movie Masters and these look really good, unlike the green lantern MM :monkey4. These will look good next to the TDK figures, and I really can't wait to see the box :impatient:

These are great for the price. Superman's likeness is the weakest of the bunch though imo.

Funny you say that, I was just talking to my wife about toys and prices these days compared to when I was younger and buying smaller-scale action figures. I remember when an action figure like this was about six bucks. If I'm not mistaken these are about 12-15? That's why I got out of collecting for so long, the quality got worse and the prices got higher.

I might have to snag this Supes though.

I was really looking forward to the GL MM figures and was grossly disappointed. Hopefully these fare better.

Is that what we can expect in hand or is that the 2X proto? Sometimes the journey from proto to in hand isn't always kind....this looks pretty decent though. My son will want one no doubt.

The two ups tend not to have any artic. These are production samples.

4h two ups almost always have articulation to some degree and they are one of the few companies that still actively showcases them at shows in leu of production or factory samples. Also the hand painted nature of superman suggests its not a production sample but at least a hand painted prototype two up or not.

So as with most mattel stuff dont take what you see as what you will get.

really? I think they're all equal. if anything, i think Jor-El has the slightly weakest sculpt but not by much

I can overlook flaws with other figures, I just expect Superman to be the best, since afterall he is the main character. But the more I look at the Cavill sculpt, the less I like it. They made his face way too pudgy, and it looks like he has bubba lips.:lol

I will most likely buy anything that resembles Henry. :monkey3

If this looks good in person I will pick it up.

What do you think of the Gentle Giant MOS statue?

I didn't like it too much -- I'm gonna see what it looks like in pics from Toy Fair. I saw someone darkened the hair and such in a manip and it did look much better so there's hope for it. :D

Back