Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Easy pass. After Medicom's hard failed attempts at ROTS Vader and the sincher, Darth "The Giraffe" Maul, I'll only be picking up the troopers. For near $200, the quality just isn't there and I really can't believe that Japanese standard in QC would allow these figures to ship to customers like that! Sure it looks nice in all the prototype shots, but wait until you have it in hand. The overall quality of the product used, from material to plastic, is considerably cheaper than that which Sideshow uses and double the price. Add to this the high probability of the damn things, despite the fact you're handling them with kid gloves, breaking while trying to pose them. I'm tired of being excited about their releases, dropping the cash and then feeling @$$****ed when I get the figure out of the box and in hand. Lucas should pass the line to Hot Toys who actually care what their finished product looks like, where it'd be easier to justify the $200 price tag.

Before we start the next SS vs Medi war here, I just want to start out by saying that your statement is a little harsh, but as someone who has been burned by Medicom's QC, I know where you are coming from and I can say there is some truth in there. My personal theory is that people who love Medicom SW are lucky and just haven't had enough issues yet to give them up.

When Medicom is on target, they are great. With releases like this though, I am left scratching my head. The headsculpt, which everyone seems to love, just looks bad. I am not defending the SS Anakin sculpt, as many have issues with theirs. I don't have a problem with a fuzzy robe, but they really have to do something with their lightsabers. The scale issue is really overplayed, but it is a factor for anyone who wants a consistent collection display. Lastly, the price is astronomical, even if you find it cheaper somewhere other than SS. All of these kind of issues has made it easy to give up on Medicom now that I have my Jango, Boba, and ROTS clone.

Don't like don't buy don't come back to thread over and over.

Getting old real old.

It's fine for someone to say they don't like something(but do it once) but to come to the thread where they don't like the product over and over is just lame. Seriously if you're not getting/not interested in medi anakin state you peace and get the ^^^^ out!

Not calling anyone out but it looks like this will turn into the regular same ol' song and dance.(especially as the release draws nearer.) So for those of us that DO like the figure can we actually enjoy this thread this time????? huh??? maybe??? just a little??? k thx!

O wait forget it, this is the SW section.

Like the splayed hand on him... something I wish HT would start using, gives you more of "force push" look. Still a pass, price and already having the SS one, but still looks like a great figure.

Getting old real old.

It's fine for someone to say they don't like something(but do it once) but to come to the thread where they don't like the product over and over is just lame. Seriously if you're not getting/not interested in medi anakin state you peace and get the ^^^^ out!

Not calling anyone out but it looks like this will turn into the regular same ol' song and dance.(especially as the release draws nearer.) So for those of us that DO like the figure can we actually enjoy this thread this time????? huh??? maybe??? just a little??? k thx!

:lecture agreed!

Getting old real old.

As long as you are respectful and give valid reasons, I think anyone who doesn't like it has the same right to be here as those who do.

As long as you are respectful and give valid reasons, I think anyone who doesn't like it has the same right to be here as those who do.

If you don't like something why come back to the same thread over and over? Seems like that person would WANT to be starting something.

..again SW section..

If you don't like something why come back to the same thread over and over? Seems like that person would WANT to be starting something.

..again SW section..

New pictures and info come out from time to time. This is the same reason you keep coming back to this thread, correct?

New pictures and info come out from time to time. This is the same reason you keep coming back to this thread, correct?

What would new pics/info have to do with it if you're not interested in the first place?:lol

Fail..I'm actually interested/like the product

Mabye a new pic might change it for you....?

I've had a few things I didnt like (Medi Jack) until I saw these pics, and I was sold....so...

What would new pics/info have to do with it if you're not interested in the first place?:lol

I browse the Aliens and Robot board even though I have little interest in Aliens and Terminator, etc. If you guys have such a problem with this board, why don't you discuss Medicom's releases exclusively on Medi-World?

I've had a few things I didnt like (Medi Jack) until I saw these pics, and I was sold....so...
For some yes. But after you've been here a while and been dealing with the SS medi ^^^^ a long time. YOU KNOW who's never going to dig it, and come here just to spout there dislike for medi.

I browse the Aliens and Robot board even though I have little interest in Aliens and Terminator, etc. If you guys have such a problem with this board, why don't you discuss Medicom's releases exclusively on Medi-World?

Epic fail! that argument is so 06' SS distributes medicom and theres lots of medi fans here enough to warrant discussion about their products. Who has a problem with the board? It's just a few general members........you're making my point well.

Gimme a ^^^^in break FQ i though you were smarter than that.

Epic fail! that argument is so 06' SS distributes medicom and theres lots of medi fans here enough to warrant discussion about their products. Who has a problem with the board? It's just a few general members........you're making my point well.

Gimme a ^^^^in break FQ i though you were smarter than that.

You complain about the process repeating over and over, yet you continue the cycle as well. What point were you making, again? Who has a problem with the board? Apparently you do. How many times did you say "O wait forget it, this is the SW section" and the like?

You're the one that replied and quoted me i simply answered.:rolleyes:

Lame!:rolleyes:

See ya in may with the ^^^^ slinging!:rolleyes: (hopefully you don't come around since you don't care for it)

20080924_77f65de423c299b348a5Cx60UVQACXYZ.jpg

Fail..I'm actually interested/like the product

Who says I am not interested? News Bulletin: I collect SW 1/6 figures and own some Medicom figures. I am sorry I don't know the secret handshake.

Exactly.

Who says I am not interested? News Bulletin: I collect SW 1/6 figures and own some Medicom figures. I am sorry I don't know the secret handshake.

you're always negative even on RS (back on topic)

2882611452_638688acda_o.jpg

Who says I am not interested?

The headsculpt, which everyone seems to love, just looks bad. The scale issue is really overplayed, Lastly, the price is astronomical, even if you find it cheaper somewhere other than SS. All of these kind of issues has made it easy to give up on Medicom now that I have my Jango, Boba, and ROTS clone.
I'm sorry i guess you are "interested"

:lol:rolleyes:

Your statement:

Getting old real old.

My reply:

By the above point of the game, nothing was directed at you. Which one was more civil? Meanwhile, you rant about the boards and who should and should not be in this thread. I can agree to disagree with you about Medicom, but I can't let it go when you start moaning about who can and can't respond to a thread about something that I am a fan of.

I am done with this discussion, but expect to see me in this thread from time to time, buddy. :D

Who says I am not interested?

The headsculpt, which everyone seems to love, just looks bad. The scale issue is really overplayed, Lastly, the price is astronomical, even if you find it cheaper somewhere other than SS. All of these kind of issues has made it easy to give up on Medicom now that I have my Jango, Boba, and ROTS clone.

I'm sorry i guess you are interested :rolleyes::rotfl

2882611452_638688acda_o.jpg

Back