Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...sorry to see this figure's not getting more love. The more I handle it and take shots, the more impressed I am. It's really cool...

DARTH TYRANUS.jpg

...and it looks super badass backing up Tyranus on display!

I’m hoping to grab one before it goes sells out/goes to waitlist. Hasn’t been a top priority for me but I’d like at least one to go with my Geonosis Battle Droids.

Finally got around to opening the SBD and futzing with it.

Honestly not much to it, it has nice presence with the other droids, but is a bit light and probably should of been around the $215-$225 range. Not many poses to do with it but looks great with the Separatist gang. Not surprising it is the only figure to still be found at retail months after its release since Hot Toys has stopped over producing their figures.

If I can get another for <$200, I'll pull the trigger, but right now things are tight, but I feel like I need two of these guys sooner or later.

It is a great figure and has some solid presence with other Separatist characters.

With the price and lack of accessories (not like you could include much), I can see why its one of the few new releases sticking around at Sideshow.

Is anyone else hoping this will see a re-release without that inaccurate bronze gold head paint? I have no idea where HT got the idea from to use any bronze gold on this figure after 22 years of every other company managing to not make that blunder.

Is anyone else hoping this will see a re-release without that inaccurate bronze gold head paint? I have no idea where HT got the idea from to use any bronze gold on this figure after 22 years of every other company managing to not make that blunder.
They misinterpreted the colour due to the Geonosis sand/ colour reflecting onto the face plate in combination with the fact the skull cap section is meant to be a slightly different colour than the rest of the robots chassis.

sbd-history-1-retina_0c199bf3.jpeg

It is odd they didn't realise that while the face and skull cap were different materials, the face plate is mean to be the same metal type as the rest of the body.

It just feels like its a low effort figure all around. It's proportions, materials and paint aren't good enough to justify the price.

Last edited:
Back