Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree about sculpted suit. I think rather there just needs to be more brain power spent on using mixed materials to achieve the actual construction of the TDK suit, with a mesh undersuit and armour pieces on top.

The armour pieces on top should be make of the medi suit material (vinyl I believe).

You have the better idea with the mesh undersuit,that would be awesome. And yes, they do need to put more brain power into coming up with something new for this whole bat suit thing. But what is wrong with a sculpted suit? :dunno

I've been searching around on eBay for a spare head from the DX batman, but they all shoot in prices at the end. My plan was to remove the PERS/sonar-eyes and drill away the area of the mouth-plate. But I havent bought one yet.

This was originally what I was going to do but like you said they are hard to come by and expensive. While I was looking I found that ebay store that had the cowl I bought. They go fast too. When I first bought mine they had 2 left, the next day they restocked and had 10, now they have none. That was 2 weeks ago. They sell for $30 plus $5 shipping. I got mine for $11.54 after ebay bucks:yess:

Ok, to all the Medi modders: what do I do to flatten chest? I read that its just a piece of plastic pushing the chest plate out? But I think it's more than that. And once again for the third time, does anyone know what I should stuff the head with to widen it. I was going stuff it with foam but was told it wouldn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Fiend, I think what other's did to the head was put it in hot water, or under a hot running sink for a bit, then pushing the sides in gently and letting it cool.

Fiend, I think what other's did to the head was put it in hot water, or under a hot running sink for a bit, then pushing the sides in gently and letting it cool.

Yup, I already did it...twice. The thing with that is that it eventually shrinks again. I want to do a more permanent mod because I want to eventually get it painted. Before I stuff it I think I'm gonna do the water trick one more time and take pics for a tutorial for future freaks who may want do the mod. Whenever I find out what the most appropriate thing to use to stuff the head I'll take pics of that too so people won't have to ask so much. I'll just save it for people who may need it......But who knows by that time the TDKR figures will be out and make the Medi obsolete.:lol I trust you are getting all the TDKR figs,Zach?

I'd be interested in seeing that tutorial.
As for TDKR figs. Definitely a Bane. Prolly a bats. I'd have to like CW a lot to get a figure of her as well.

I'd be interested in seeing that tutorial.
As for TDKR figs. Definitely a Bane. Prolly a bats. I'd have to like CW a lot to get a figure of her as well.

If I had the money I'd get TDKR Bats and Bane no doubt. I hear you about Hathaway Catwoman though.

You have a stock Medi Right? Would you be interested in widening the head? If so, which approach would you want,the water trick or the stuffing method?

Ok, to all the Medi modders: what do I do to flatten chest? I read that its just a piece of plastic pushing the chest plate out? But I think it's more than that. And once again for the third time, does anyone know what I should stuff the head with to widen it. I was going stuff it with foam but was told it wouldn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Actually it's not more than that. I originally came up with this chest mod long ago and below you'll find my tutorial. It does wonders for this figure.

You'll also see my tutorial on widening the head permanently. Hope this helps :wave

Chest Mod:
Alrighty, here's the process to shed those pounds off your Medi TDK Bat's man boobs. it's rather simple. Sorry for the bad pics, my digital camera was dead, so all I had was my trusty phone.

Again, kazukijun I hope you don't mind me using one of your pics. it had the best lighting to show what was needed.

Step 1: Use tweezers and/or a crafting knife (i used an exacto knife) to pull up and maybe have to cut away the glue holding down the chest plate at the bottom edge starting at one end where one arrow is all the way to the middle then go to the other side and do the same thing. be careful not to cut at the suit. the chest plate kind of ripped very little at the middle so be careful when you get there! Also, do not remove the entire chest plate, leave it connected at the carbon fiber pieces on the collar area.
picture.php

Step 2:The circled areas and the plugs are what push the chest plate out so much. So here you cut all the circled areas as well as the plugs attached to the chest plate. The chest plate is rather soft, so be careful not to cut through it while cutting. Also, disregard the bottom right arrow, you don't have to cut there
picture.php

picture.php

This is how it should look when you're done cutting (I hadn't cut the plugs off yet):
picture.php

Step 3: Now time for gluing it down. I would press it down a couple times to make sure you have a good idea of where you need to glue it down before actually glue it. You have to pull and press to make sure you can get it as flat at possible b/c it's used to being roundish haha.
For mine, the bottom edge corners of the chest plate touched the top corner of the side body armor pieces as well as the edge by the armpit/shoulder area like this:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And your end result should be something like this:
picture.php

I hope this makes sense. if not, just ask, and I'll try my best to answer

Head Widening Mod:
For Ed, Pennyworth and anyone else who has yet to mod their medi head or the head has regressed after other solution was tried. Here is a simple (IMO) tutorial that should help to mod the head and guaranteed to not regress as mine did when I tried just using water alone.

Step 1: Still put the head in very hot water, almost too hot to touch (NOT BOILING, STOP SAYING BOILING WATER :gah:) leave it in there for 20 secs tops. don't quick count either you cheaters :lecture :lol this helps soften the head for the next step. once time is up, quickly dry it.

Step 2: when you look at the underside of the head, you should see a line (for lack of a better word) around the underside of the head which vodoun has called the plug. you will cut along that line with a crafting knife or what I prefer to use, an Exacto knife. look at pick below. It shows the "line" that I speak of and I've made barriers or tick marks as to how far to cut (and no I haven't painted the left side yet. too lazy, plus you can't see it anyway :lol)
picture.php

picture.php

sorry for the bad pics. only had my iPhone on hand and we alrady know I'm no photographer :lol

Step 3: Squeeze the head to the desired width. You can either reheat the head once more in hot water to make squeezing easier but since the seal will be cut, it shouldn't be too hard to squeeze with out heating. you should see a gap made between the wall of the head and the plug like so
picture.php

Step 4: Apply super fast drying superglue in gap area. if it isn't fast drying superglue you will be holding that head in place for quite awhile. trust me, I didn't have fast drying and it sucked!

Step 5: Take PICS!!!!
took this one when I got home today and thought "maybe I don't need the DX torso" but I think I do haha
SAM_0953.jpg

Oldie but shows how nice and round the head is now
SAM_0958.jpg

Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

And lastly, quoted for my early days on this board :monkey2

hey guys, just wanted to show a chest mod I did on this guy to get rid of his crazy big man boobs. Also, sculpted the abs the right way. its not the best sculpting job, but I think my guy can hold his own against the DX now. I also did the head & neck mods as well as adding actual straps from the chest piece to the shoulder armor pieces. If you guys want a little step process in how to do the chest mod just let me know and I'll post pics of it here.

kazukijun I hope you don't mind me using one of your pics for comparison, I forgot to do a before pic for comparing

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@Gipetto Thanks a lot man! This will help a lot.This is the firtst time seeing the super glue method. So the glue is essentially filling the gap and therefore holding the outsides of the head in their outward places. Did you have to use a lot of glue?

edit: Man, you can really see a huge difference in that before and after pic. :lol

@Gipetto Thanks a lot man! This will help a lot.This is the firtst time seeing the super glue method. So the glue is essentially filling the gap and therefore holding the outsides of the head in their outward places. Did you have to use a lot of glue?

edit: Man, you can really see a huge difference in that before and after pic. :lol

Np man, glad I could help.

But yep, I had gap filling superglue, but it was liquid instead of gel so man did it take its dear sweet time to dry.

But honestly it's been so long that I don't remember how much I put. Though I'm pretty sure that once it dried the first time I went back to add just a bit more to make sure the gap was competely filled and solid

Np man, glad I could help.

But yep, I had gap filling superglue, but it was liquid instead of gel so man did it take its dear sweet time to dry.

But honestly it's been so long that I don't remember how much I put. Though I'm pretty sure that once it dried the first time I went back to add just a bit more to make sure the gap was competely filled and solid

Cool, I have the gel super glue. That's what I will use.:hi5:

Gipetto bang on with the help! Good man.

I know elvis used some epoxy putty to widen the head!

Thanks to Gipetto I successfully completed the chest mod. Man, what a pain in the ass it was to cut that plastic block off that pushed the chest out. I only had a small exacto.:lol But I made out alright and it really enhances the figure a lot. In fact you really can't tell how much until you actually do the mod. I'll post pics later. Later this week I'll do the head mod.

Got my Medi in the mail today. Sorry guys but whoever said this is superior to the DX was totally wrong. In my eyes it cannot even compete to the MMS... The whole material feels cheap. I will do all the mods Gipetto posted, look for someone who will repaint the head (who would you guys suggest), but most important I will have to do something with the carbon parts. They destroy the whole look.
Gauntlets need to be fixed too. Guess I will unassemble the complete figure and transfer it to a HT body.
I also dont see why the sculpt should be better. To be honest I see more Bale in every HT sculpt. Anyway, let the mod begin. Maybe I will change my mind when Im done. :rock

Got my Medi in the mail today. Sorry guys but whoever said this is superior to the DX was totally wrong. In my eyes it cannot even compete to the MMS... The whole material feels cheap. I will do all the mods Gipetto posted, look for someone who will repaint the head (who would you guys suggest), but most important I will have to do something with the carbon parts. They destroy the whole look.
Gauntlets need to be fixed too. Guess I will unassemble the complete figure and transfer it to a HT body.
I also dont see why the sculpt should be better. To be honest I see more Bale in every HT sculpt. Anyway, let the mod begin. Maybe I will change my mind when Im done. :rock

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The material if far better than the DX for me.

Headsculpt is far more accurate but you do need to widen it

The kevlar parts are cheap looking yes - they need to be repainted/decals added

Gauntlets are much better than HT,s in terms of scale and shape

:1-1:

My Dx is not leaking and this one kind of feels like a toy in hand.

Wanted to take the head off, it ripped off where I usually have to widen it. Easy mod now. :lol

Didnt you have a set of decent looking decals? Can you direct me into a direction? At the moment I am leaning towards decals from hobby design.

As for the gauntlets, yes they are more accurate but they are bendy. One arm has agab I need to reglue. I prefer the HT ones because they are seperate pieces.

But I bought this to mod the hell out of it so I can live with it for now. :lol

Yet I was expecting more of this figure straight out of box due to all the praise in this thread. Lets see how it will evolve. :)

Glad you going to mod the hell out of it :lol

I'll send you the link to the decals though Seb couldn't manage to stick them on mine, so he repainted my kevlar parts

Back