Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The long cape wasn't just something from the promo shots, it is in the film. His capes size shifts depending on the scenes he's in. For most fight scenes or movement scenes and the batpod stuff, its a calf/ankle length cape, that doesn't touch the floor. You can see this clearest in the joker interrogation scene.

However he does have the long cape in other scenes, almost always in distant pose shots, where they want to see his full body and have the cape a proper length, such as the standing on the buillding pan shot and the scene from the swat team fight:
tdkcaperef1.jpg

tdkcaperef2.jpg

Both of these are floor length capes, which touch the floor, the swat fight cape is slightly shorter in the scene where he kicks the officer off, but not as short as the one in the interrogation scene.

The key is to remember, this cape also expands to the full length wing span in the hong kong and other flight sequences, so the fact is it changes size, and that means short, long, its all accurate if you wanna get technical. I mean there were short capes used on the begins suit for fighting. What it depends on is your preference. I prefer batman with a cpae that touches the floor period, you dont have to go begins size, but anything thats sitting above his feet looks short on him, and comes off more like a superhero cape, not a part of his costume and look. More like superman, not like batman.

The long cape wasn't just something from the promo shots, it is in the film. His capes size shifts depending on the scenes he's in. For most fight scenes or movement scenes and the batpod stuff, its a calf/ankle length cape, that doesn't touch the floor. You can see this clearest in the joker interrogation scene.

However he does have the long cape in other scenes, almost always in distant pose shots, where they want to see his full body and have the cape a proper length, such as the standing on the buillding pan shot and the scene from the swat team fight:

Both of these are floor length capes, which touch the floor, the swat fight cape is slightly shorter in the scene where he kicks the officer off, but not as short as the one in the interrogation scene.

The key is to remember, this cape also expands to the full length wing span in the hong kong and other flight sequences, so the fact is it changes size, and that means short, long, its all accurate if you wanna get technical. I mean there were short capes used on the begins suit for fighting. What it depends on is your preference. I prefer batman with a cpae that touches the floor period, you dont have to go begins size, but anything thats sitting above his feet looks short on him, and comes off more like a superhero cape, not a part of his costume and look. More like superman, not like batman.

Agreed. the cape of batman is SO important that it should not be short. IT should be big and long. That's a signature of the modern batman. If you are talking about the 60's , sure, have a shorter cape. But the Dark Knight needs some bigger cape to look cool man

still no news about this medi batman?

I emailed Medicom on 3/27 regarding the release date. They were kind enough to respond:

Dear Sir
Please note that the said item will be available in Japan, HongKong, Singapore in late April

BestRegards
MEDICOM TOY

:D

Should be interesting to see the final product. I wonder if you can splice this version and the Hot Toys version together to create the ultimate figure?

Should be interesting to see the final product. I wonder if you can splice this version and the Hot Toys version together to create the ultimate figure?

Confirming what Buttmunch has said, a definite no no. The scale of medicom is smaller, which means the armour, head sculpt, wont fit on a hottoys body (even a slimmer one) so no point in doing so.

How can these companies call it 1/6th scale. When Medicom is teeny weeny, and DCD is the green giant. Where as Hot Toys is bang in the middle, as is Takara.

....and by the way, end of April now :s

Geez. It was supposed to be end of March?...

I emailed Medicom on 3/27 regarding the release date. They were kind enough to respond:

Dear Sir
Please note that the said item will be available in Japan, HongKong, Singapore in late April. Also note that our figures are small and designed to thrust the pelvis.

BestRegards
MEDICOM TOY

:D

That's awesome.

What I meant was to use parts from both to put together an ultimate Batman. Maybe use the suit from Medicom on the HT body etc.
Could be interesting...

Armor looks pretty good. Head has a cartoonish look to it though and the belt color throws it off. But overrall a good figure.

What happened to the cowl? It looked so good from that picture we saw a month or two ago. Hate to say it but out of Hot Toys, Medicom, and DCD, the DCD version has the best headsculpt in my opinion. Not a fan of the Medicom production figure. The thighs look way too big and overall it looks like a minature version of the DCD. The cape is nice though. Hot Toys wins overall in my book.

I knew it, it looks ok but not better than the hot toys. thats medicom for you lol

lets all wait for some better pictures before real judgement. a flash can make a PF or a enterbay look like poo sometimes. :D

Back