Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can say what you want about everything else, but the head sculpt is on spot!

P1100759001.jpg

Dark%20Knight.jpg

Last edited:
New pics from Toy-world. Credits goes to "lydiamomo".

P1100737001.jpg

P1100748001.jpg

P1100759001.jpg

P1100767001.jpg

the-dark-knight-20080404002601589_640w.jpg

Bats.JPG

you can say what you want about everything else, but the head sculpt is on spot!

...uh...yea, that's uh *cough* some great likeness...

...if an utter piece of crap, poorly sculpted, and animated-looking, is what you think looks realistic, vs this...
hot+toys+12+inch+batman+figure+1.jpg

...then please buy a pair of glasses!:duh

good choice of a comparison photo, since you CAN'T see the mask...it's covered in SHADOWS!!!!

there is no likeness in that sculpt whatsoever, and it looks like a freaking cartoon! medicom should be ashamed of both batmans they made, and their joker.

MEDICOM:

Antiques%20eBay%20thumbs%20down.gif

no seriously, just speaking about the headsculpt, it ain't off.
dk0018lk3.JPG

actually, the body sculpt is also quite good :D but okay, the way it looks, the choise of materials does look cheap.

But I for one, will buy this medicom TDK if Hot Toys will not come up with a DX version of their TDK.

And if the guy who took the pictures of his medicom would lower the belt as it should be, it woul make a much better impression + that cape of the medicom also makes a bad impression of the figure.

I agree the head sculpt is superior to the HT version. If it was cast in better suited material and painted better (so it doesn't look cartoonish) then it would really look exceptional.

However, I think HT will blow this out of the water with their forthcoming DX version. In fact, I don't think, I KNOW they will.

no seriously, just speaking about the headsculpt, it ain't off.
dk0018lk3.JPG

actually, the body sculpt is also quite good :D but okay, the way it looks, the choise of materials does look cheap.

But I for one, will buy this medicom TDK if Hot Toys will not come up with a DX version of their TDK.

And if the guy who took the pictures of his medicom would lower the belt as it should be, it woul make a much better impression + that cape of the medicom also makes a bad impression of the figure.

Medi needs a good custom Buddy Lee cape, really! :D

hot+toys+12+inch+batman+figure+1.jpg

...then please buy a pair of glasses!:duh

lol, THAT sculpt was the very first sculpt and it got rejected by everybody on this board, so bad example.

nono, I think some of you guys just don't wanna admit that the headsculpt is good!

and my eyes are perfect! I am very critical when it comes to detail that is why I haven't bought a TDK from hot toys yet. I prefer to wait until their DX version comes up and if not, I'd rather buy the medicom than the current Hot Toys batman. :horror :horror

again some new pics from "lydiamomo" over toy-world:

P1100771001-1.jpg

P1100751001-1.jpg

P1100827001-1.jpg

P1100824001-1.jpg

P1100783001.jpg

P1100802001-1.jpg

P1100803001-1.jpg

the upper-body looks ok, but his legs and headsculpt... I'm not liking it... not...a...bit!

I agree the head sculpt is superior to the HT version. If it was cast in better suited material and painted better (so it doesn't look cartoonish) then it would really look exceptional.

However, I think HT will blow this out of the water with their forthcoming DX version. In fact, I don't think, I KNOW they will.

since I am waiting for the perfect TDK batman (or as perfect as can be), than I know what to buy in the future, according to you :)

lol, THAT sculpt was the very first sculpt and it got rejected by everybody on this board, so bad example.

nono, I think some of you guys just don't wanna admit that the headsculpt is good!

and my eyes are perfect! I am very critical when it comes to detail that is why I haven't bought a TDK from hot toys yet. I prefer to wait until their DX version comes up and if not, I'd rather buy the medicom than the current Hot Toys batman. :horror :horror

ok...you buy it, and enjoy it. if you prefer it, then...buy it.

but for me, i cant stop but stare at my ht dk on my shelf, because it think it's spot on:D

Last edited:
again some new pics from "lydiamomo" over toy-world:

P1100771001-1.jpg

P1100751001-1.jpg

P1100827001-1.jpg

P1100824001-1.jpg

P1100783001.jpg

P1100802001-1.jpg

P1100803001-1.jpg

the upper-body looks ok, but his legs and headsculpt... I'm not liking it... not...a...bit!

those pictures actually make me more happier about the figure :) (except for that hidious cape)

ok...you buy it, and enjoy it. if you prefer it, then...buy it.

but for me, i cant stop but stare at my ht dk on my shelf, because it think it's spot on:D

as I said, I'll wait and see what hot toys will do if there will be a DX version of their dark knight...
and good for you if you're happy, I know I wouldn't be afther seeing this medicom and especially afther all the rumours about a DX batman

Imagine a custom slimline cape...a hot toys belt and some good posing and this figure would look really good. His shoulder pads seem to be floating in mid air and I really dont like the stitching seam that is running down the front of his body but apart from that I think this looks rather good!!

good choice of a comparison photo, since you CAN'T see the mask...it's covered in SHADOWS!!!!

yess you can see it, you can see the edges clearly, and enough to see that the medicom sculpt isn't that far off, not to say: spot on!

dk0018lk3.JPG

Imagine a custom slimline cape...a hot toys belt and some good posing and this figure would look really good. His shoulder pads seem to be floating in mid air and I really dont like the stitching seam that is running down the front of his body but apart from that I think this looks rather good!!

indeed, that buddy lee cape I saw on a hot toys batman was just perfect! put that on this medicom + if the poser just would adjust his belt to fit perfect it would look a whole lot better.

I don't know about the head, seems to me that it's either too long, or not wide enough, either way the proportions just don't seem right to me. And although it could be fixed, the paint on the mouth is way too flat and 1-dimensional.
I don't own the HT TDK version either, but I definitely prefer it over this.

Imo this piece actually looks decent, I wouldn't buy it based on what I can see but its not that bad. I would assume its short like most Medicom pieces and the mouth area looks too cartoonish. I think the chest actually looks very nice with the detail of the armour and what not.

I feel happy that I have the HT's version because it is definetely the best representation right now. It just looks more life like than the Medicom.

either way the proportions just don't seem right to me. And although it could be fixed, the paint on the mouth is way too flat and 1-dimensional.

I feel the same way about the hot toys, the head seem to little compared to its bulk body, with this Medicom you don't have that. + this figure has a certain stare like in the movie, wich the hot toys version doesn't have.

Back