Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have NO photo shop skills WHATSOEVER lol but i wanted to see what this guy wud look like with a slimmer cape. i know my skills in paint are bad lol!!! orginal pic by "lydiamomo" at toy world

I'm curious how short that stock cape actually is. It looks shorter than Hot Toys stock cape? no?

The hands looks much better than Hot Toys.

How is it possible that both failed with the V piece on the back of the neck for their capes, hmm?...

Thanks for that, but the chin is too high and it seems as he would be cross-eyed. I don't know how to describe it, but he has a really stupid charisma. His legs has the proportions of a woman. Hey, maybe it's Medicoms version of the catwoman?

I want to see how tall this is compared to the HT Version - the proto pics made it seem like it was actually in proper 12" scale as it looked much taller than the Medicom joker

I really like the figure. Its not better than the Hot Toys. But still it seems like it would be a lot of fun to pose. Its got a lot more atitude.

And about his legs. Im glad he's on the muscle body. Batman SHOULD be really buff. I guarantee if they had put him on the standard body every one would have complained about it . Remember how everyone complained about Takara Bats being too thin , "He looks like a girl in the suit" Now you're all " I hope Hot Toys uses the Slim for DX Bats " You guys don't know what you want.:rolleyes:

@YellowJoshua, you're right

compare.JPG

it would look much better with a lighter cape + look at the comparison with the real thing. :horror

Again, the owner should pose his belt in the right way, he didn't pull it down enough.

he would be cross-eyed. I don't know how to describe it, but he has a really stupid charisma.

lol, it just his strong point: the way he looks, he's got the stare of bale in the movie. The hot toys version has to much eye-white. The medicom has the real bale-stare, thus the charisma, imo

I really like the figure. Its not better than the Hot Toys. But still it seems like it would be a lot of fun to pose. Its got a lot more atitude.
my point exactly

Last edited:
lol, it just his strong point: the way he looks, he's got the stare of bale in the movie. The hot toys version has to much eye-white. The medicom has the real bale-stare, thus the charisma, imo

Mh, i don't know. Looking the comparisson pic, the body is really quite well, but the HS is really off. It's too thin and too long, especially his chin. I know that Bale has sometimes his psycho look :D but the Medicom one has not this "thinking"-look but more of a stupid guy who's wondering where he is...

bad arguments you guys tell, cause when compared with the real life batman, the Hot Toys head is also "too long"

and the Medicom sculpt it good + the head sculpt is even better = overall not so much worse than Hot Toys

Riko - forget it, everyone has their own opinion, just leave it at that & enjoy whatever u can from your current collection. You will be much happier that way.

Didn't say otherwise, but at least the HT has expression, excellent details and fantastic paint apps.

This may be passable with a repaint, a breast reduction and a new belt and cape.

The cape is a bad thing, we all see that, even Hot Toys had a bad cape, so this wasn't something hot toys did better.

The belt, the color may be off, okay, no discussion.

Breast reduction? :rolleyes: excuse me but the "breast" on the medicom is waaay more accurate than on the Hot Toys, Hot Toys = boobman.

like I already said and some other seem to agree, the strong point is the expression-head sculpt: he has got the batman-stare from the movie, this is what's so cool about the figure. The Hot Toys expression is more like a safe expression, but not at all movie accurate, he's almost got a disney expression in his eyes.

the sculpt on the body isn't bad, it's as good as hot toys, they also have the same details

Paint: okay, you may have a point there.

I would not say the chest is waaay more accurate than HT. The HT still was too bulky, more bulky than this, but this is STILL too bulky, the detail is poor and the bat symbol is curved and inaccurate.

Completely disagree on the cowl. This may be slightly more accurate, but the HT has more character and menace when angled down. As I said, this may look better with a repaint, but at the moment I am not 'wowed' with it.

Riko - forget it, everyone has their own opinion, just leave it at that & enjoy whatever u can from your current collection. You will be much happier that way.

okay :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am surely dying to see new pictures of the Medicom Batman.

This piece looks decent but NOTHING even close to the HT's version. Overall it looks like a Toys R Us toy, sure it comes off as nice but when you start to compare there is no comparision.

The chest looks decent but when you factor in proportions and an overall real like feel it lacks and then some.

You wanna comparison pic? It will be somthing like this:

Fantasy20Island20Waving.jpg

Back