Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine!!!!!!!

some quick thoughts

Pros & Cons
-Cowl is excellent but suffers from a slightly higher forehead,weird green eyes paint, poor chin & lips paint. The angry stare look is there though.

- Suit is a little hard to describe. He's actually wearing two suits. I believe theres a whole piece a inner black spandex suit covering the body. The arms are actually worn like sleeves that goes into the chest. The outer suit is a once piece vinyl suit, covering from the legs all the way to the chest. As far as I can tell the vinyl feels similar to the recent Medicom Alien figure. (doesnt smells like rubber). The shoulder plates are actually glued on to the arms, which will look a little weird when the arms are fully down, it's less screen accurate but allows better articulation. The chest & back plates are glued on to the suit as well.

The gauntlet blades are parallel

I believe they stuff some type of foam at the thighs & buttocks to give it the look it needed, but it restricts articulation a little too much.

Belt & Grapple Gun - slightly smaller scale compared to HT, color wise HT wins

Boots are made of soft vinyl as well & it retains the articulation of the fit, bend them upwards,downwards etc..

Cape is fully wired, great & fun for posing, definitely help with those flying in the air poses. Cape is sew on to a little leather like part that is somehow attached to upper chest armour. I suppose u can remove them though, if u wanna change the cape.

Hands included are two slightly dynamic open
palm hands. 1 trigger hand for the grapple gun, 2 hands for holding the batarang & lastly 2 fists.

Personally, I prefer the look of the Medi suit as compared to HT, the mesh suit details just stands out more, the carbon details on the Medi suit are more accurate.

If you ask me, both are nice figures but neither are totally screen accurate enough.

Definitely gonna do some modifications to the Medi bats, see if theres anyway to fix the thunder thighs. Will most probably use the HT belt & grapple gun on him.

So if anyone needs HT TDK suit parts, drop me a pm.

kk, I'm hungry now, shall try to post some pictures either today or tomorrow.

You know what i find funny, that one of the biggest complaints with the HT figure was the size of the chest armor, and then i see that comparison and medi actually has bigger boobs than the HT... guh.
bigger chest, could be, but the good thing about it is that it isn't as significant as with the Hot Toys figure. The HT has a V shaped body, that accentuates the "boobs" and you aint got that with the medicom figure, not at all, because the form of the mid section is more like a straigh line and no V shape.

lets hope HT will learn from Medicom in their next DX version...

If you want a fair comparison, compare pics of the Medicom TDK Batman figure with pics of the HT TDK Batman figure straight out the box.

Hm, I completely disagree with that. Yeah, you should not compare a futzed pic of one with an unfutzed pic of another, but the ideal comparison IMO is when BOTH are futzed (but of course unmodified), preferably by the same person, and posed next to each other under the same lighting conditions.
A figure can look horrible straight out of the box, but looks great when futzed. Another figure can look ok out of the box, and well, ok when futzed (and by futzing I mean simple redressing and posing of figures without any damage whatsoever, so that everybody should be able to do it without fear).

bigger chest, could be, but the good thing about it is that it isn't as significant as with the Hot Toys figure. The HT has a V shaped body, that accentuates the "boobs" and you aint got that with the medicom figure, not at all, because the form of the mid section is more like a straigh line and no V shape.

lets hope HT will learn from Medicom in their next DX version...

Completely agree here. The torso area is wider and straighter on the Medi which is accurate. And believe it or not, the thunder thighs are more accurate than the HT version. At work right now so can't post pics, but you can definately see large thighs on some of the TDK screen shots.

and does Joe sell this medicom batman?...anyone who's bother to contact him about it and knows his price?

Not my pics but check out BBQ's pics from Toy-world.com.hk, he modded the head, I dont really understand exactly what he did, but seems he push some stuff in and with some heat.
Also, he repaint the chin area making it look more lively.

_MG_5537.jpg

_MG_5539.jpg

Original post here https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14371&extra=page=1&page=1

Back