Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I cant wait man. The cape buddylee is making for me is the TDK version cape with the V but I asked him to make it like 3/4 to and inch longer than the hot toys version because that was too short. You should have Josh paint yours, he does amazing eye detail and only charges 10 dollars for the eyes.

Yeah I have the buddylee TDK short cape on my HT Batman at the moment, and you're right, its just a tiny bit too short.. may have to do the same as you!

That's a very good deal on the eyes! Thanks for letting me know

Damn, must not give in to the Dark Side of Medicom... must wait.... for..... DX..........

Damn, must not give in to the Dark Side of Medicom... must wait.... for..... DX..........

I understand how you feel man. I want to stay loyal to Hot Toys but that DK suit RAH Bats in my opinion looks a lot better than the HT DK Bats. No beer belly, and a poseable cape. May sell my HT Bats for it.

I understand how you feel man. I want to stay loyal to Hot Toys but that DK suit RAH Bats in my opinion looks a lot better than the HT DK Bats. No beer belly, and a poseable cape. May sell my HT Bats for it.

Come on, loyalty is to your country, your wife, and your favorite baseball team. When it comes to collectibles, buy what you like.

Come on, loyalty is to your country, your wife, and your favorite baseball team. When it comes to collectibles, buy what you like.

Well said my friend. Just played around with my HT DK bats. I think I will keep him after all. Not feeling the soft gauntlet on the Medi Bats though. That's the only flaw that I can see from the pictures.

Now that people are done raving about Medibats based from pictures here, it's time to judge the figure based from type and quality of materials, construction, the in-hand "feel," the price in relation to overall quality, etc. I guess I need a Michael Crawford-type review before I buy this.

I dunno, I'm used to buying 1:6 figs with realistic skin texturing and expensive-looking materials. For me it's those things that make them look more elegant and separates toy from true adult collectible. But damn, the pics here look so good and I'm afraid it's too late to get this in my country.

Now that people are done raving about Medibats based from pictures here, it's time to judge the figure based from type and quality of materials, construction, the in-hand "feel," the price in relation to overall quality, etc. I guess I need a Michael Crawford-type review before I buy this.

I dunno, I'm used to buying 1:6 figs with realistic skin texturing and expensive-looking materials. For me it's those things that make them look more elegant and separates toy from true adult collectible. But damn, the pics here look so good and I'm afraid it's too late to get this in my country.

Well my friend..... 1st off, you have to know what medicom usually does and their style is totally different from HT. The fact that they took a kind of realistic sculpt this time is really suprising... but u STILL have to taken into account their painting style ..etc.. is different from HT.

So honestly, even with the michael crawford type of review, you have to SEE the figure yourself to decide, because now you obviously don't like it that much to buy it.

My view for this figure is that it's really quite compatible when u pose it with the HT figures, which by itself speaks alot already.

And for whether it's elegant or not ... ?? Well ultimately these figures are for grown kids....I mean... if you are a fan of batman .. like most of us on this thread.... i mean come on ... batman is a man dressed in a bat suit ...no matter how "adult" the character they are trying to put on .... it's still the hero/costume type image that attract us when we were kids.. there's nothing wrong with toys ... they are naming them or putting another label on them so to make people more comfortable with their hobbies.. .so it really doesn't matter...

In any ways, see the real thing in your hands first!! That will relief alot of your headaches :)

Well my friend..... 1st off, you have to know what medicom usually does and their style is totally different from HT. The fact that they took a kind of realistic sculpt this time is really suprising... but u STILL have to taken into account their painting style ..etc.. is different from HT.

So honestly, even with the michael crawford type of review, you have to SEE the figure yourself to decide, because now you obviously don't like it that much to buy it.

My view for this figure is that it's really quite compatible when u pose it with the HT figures, which by itself speaks alot already.

And for whether it's elegant or not ... ?? Well ultimately these figures are for grown kids....I mean... if you are a fan of batman .. like most of us on this thread.... i mean come on ... batman is a man dressed in a bat suit ...no matter how "adult" the character they are trying to put on .... it's still the hero/costume type image that attract us when we were kids.. there's nothing wrong with toys ... they are naming them or putting another label on them so to make people more comfortable with their hobbies.. .so it really doesn't matter...

In any ways, see the real thing in your hands first!! That will relief alot of your headaches :)

The problem is, no store would allow customers to open the box and touch the figure and I have no friend who has bought this yet so I'll settle for "in-hand" reviews. What you are suggesting is impossible, atleast in my area. There also no stores here that would take one of their figures out of the box and display it on their shelf.

You're wrong, I absolutely love the Medi figure based from the photos here and I'm a Batman maniac, but I'm just not an impulsive buyer. For me, these are expensive investments that I just need to carefully scrutinize. Maybe it's because I'm an artist working with Alex Ross and his teachings has inadvertently given me a heightened standard when appreciating or perceiving things which I could also apply when buying high-end collectibles.

After all, a little bit of sophistication (which HT has acheived) can truly uplift this hobby of ours some more. And by the way, I think what you were trying to say is "RELIEVE YOU FROM your headaches." But I appreciate your reply.

The problem is, no store would allow customers to open the box and touch the figure and I have no friend who has bought this yet so I'll settle for "in-hand" reviews. What you are suggesting is impossible, atleast in my area. There also no stores here that would take one of their figures out of the box and display it on their shelf.

You're wrong, I absolutely love the Medi figure based from the photos here and I'm a Batman maniac, but I'm just not an impulsive buyer. For me, these are expensive investments that I just need to carefully scrutinize. Maybe it's because I'm an artist working with Alex Ross and his teachings has inadvertently given me a heightened standard when appreciating or perceiving things which I could also apply when buying high-end collectibles.

After all, a little bit of sophistication (which HT has acheived) can truly uplift this hobby of ours some more. And by the way, I think what you were trying to say is "RELIEVE YOU FROM your headaches." But I appreciate your reply.

Just buy it!!!!!! :banana

Wow, you work with Alex Ross? :google, LOVE his work

yea sorry about the english.. you are right.. it should be RELIEVE YOU FROM YOUR HEADACHES...

Mmmm.. I think since you have such great artistic appreciation.... the medicom DK batman might not be for you... UNLESS you could repaint it yourself or mod it yourself.

If you do plan to repaint and mod it.. then this is the figure to go for... Well for me the thing that bothers me most about the figure is how the cape is attached... it's just slapped on it and not INSIDE the cape attachment area...

So I see that a DX batman might solve all your problems ! :D

I just hope that some shops in your area would display one of these figures so that would make your choice easier!! Hope you will get the batman figure you want :)

It's great that I've already learned two things from you about the Medibats' materials and construction. Thanks.

did a quick check on the cape attachment and it seems like the cape is sewn onto a small leather tab that is jutting out from each shoulder. should come off easily with a bit of scissoring.*now would be a good time to bring out that HT edwards scissorshand of yours :p

got no camera at the moment,perhaps someone else could post a photo of this?

did a quick check on the cape attachment and it seems like the cape is sewn onto a small leather tab that is jutting out from each shoulder. should come off easily with a bit of scissoring.*now would be a good time to bring out that HT edwards scissorshand of yours :p

sounds good. As soon as I get mine I am going to take some before pics the way it is and then mod the hell out of it. I am taking off the cape sending in the head to be painted and then I will take some after pics. I will have mine in early next week since it has not shipped yet and then I will post pics of everything in about 2 weeks once I get the head back.

Back