Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! That was one of the toughest parts...I had to paint it all brown, then blackwash it, then drybrush darker green onto it, then mix up a green/yellow mix, drybrush that over the green, and detail it in random spots to get everything right. The only thing that was harder was getting the white paint not to cake and covering up all the streaks and tears and crap, since I painted over instead of stripping it.

Also, thanks a TON for the belt pics. I just switched mine, will take pics.

Thanks man! That was one of the toughest parts...I had to paint it all brown, then blackwash it, then drybrush darker green onto it, then mix up a green/yellow mix, drybrush that over the green, and detail it in random spots to get everything right. The only thing that was harder was getting the white paint not to cake and covering up all the streaks and tears and crap, since I painted over instead of stripping it.

Also, thanks a TON for the belt pics. I just switched mine, will take pics.

Wow....that's alot of work, if only I could paint like you, I would retouch mine.

No probs, do show pics of your Medi Bats with HT Belt, maybe u can convince me not to sell my HT Bats as a whole hehe.

Here we go.

medibale1.jpg

medibale2.jpg

medibale3.jpg

medibale4.jpg

medibale5.jpg

And...the poor Hot Toys one...

hahatoys1.jpg

What does this amazing figure remind me of that the Hot Toys figure dosen't?? oh yes! thats it! The actual suit!! :lol pic is crOw's

Last edited:
Wow the lower abdominal area on the Medicom TDK looks bad imo. It looks like he's had surgury or something. Sculpt is nice and accurate but the suit seems cheap.

thanks crow!! can you post one with comparison with takara batman and medicom bat head? and your first night out bruce is awersome!!!

I honestly don't even know where the box with all my Takara Batman accessories is. It's probably buried 6 feet deep in my closet under the Balrog and about 20 Hot Toys and Sideshow boxes.

the head is pretty easy to pop off on this without messing with anything right? Because I am sending it in to have the eyes painted and the mouth area painted and maybe considering adding some texture.

the head is pretty easy to pop off on this without messing with anything right? Because I am sending it in to have the eyes painted and the mouth area painted and maybe considering adding some texture.

Yup, its easy to just pop it off. But if your worried just use a little hair dryer heat first before popping it off.

Thanks for the joker pics cr0w, both look greeeeat man, nice work! How did you do the dirty one, to get that smear effect? What type of paints or application?

Mainly drybrushing. I just left a wee bit of black paint on the brush and gently brushed it on wherever I thought I wanted a smear of black to be. I also blackwashed some details, like under his eyes and around his nose, so the paint would look like it ran. As for paints, standard Apple Barrel paints from Michael's. Like $.84 a bottle.

Back