Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly never saw Bale in the HT TDK Batman headsculpt. It was the one thing, besides the bulkiness, that really bugged me. That's definitely Bale in Medi's though.

Me too, the HT Batman sculpt though realistic was quite off and not bale enough.

As for the Bruce Wayne head, I think neither Takara or Hot Toys really nailed it. I like the Takara's hair & expression, but the likeness could use a little more work. HT has a chin too long & looks like he has severe acne problem.

medidk9.jpg

medidk10.jpg

medidk11.jpg

meditdkposter.jpg

Awesome pictures!!!

I respect your opinion :D

Thanks! :lol Much appreciated. Back when the takara bat was released, the Wayne sculpt was considered as a pretty good sculpt. But the bar has certainly been raised within the last couple of years with 1/6 figures, especially when it comes to likeness and realism.

I have (or had) every 1/6 Batman Begins or Dark Knight figure released from Hot Toys, Medicom, and Takara so I've seen all the pros and cons of each (I no longer have the takara bats). I'm waiting for my Medicom TDK to arrive still though.

Yeah, Tak's Wayne sculpt was good back when it came out, but now..sheesh. I'm using HT's TDK sculpt on the Takara body now since I took Tak's cape off and put it on the HT BB suit figure. I still prefer HT's BB suit Wayne sculpt, mainly because of the skin tone, but it looks a little too..."happy" for me.

Here are some comparison shots.

baleheads1.jpg

baleheads2.jpg

baleheads3.jpg

baleheads4.jpg

is the Medicom Bats worth getting? I see alot of that little dent across the stomach area, is that something that is on all of them? is it just the way the body is posed?

is the Medicom Bats worth getting? I see alot of that little dent across the stomach area, is that something that is on all of them? is it just the way the body is posed?

It's a minor annoyance that can be smoothed out by tinkering with the body. The figure is the best batman I have ever owned. And i've been buying batman toys since I was 5 lol

oh goodness yes! buy him!! he is so much better than HT TDK. the dent accross his stomach seems to vary. i have seen some photos on here where it is very noticable...and some photos it simply dosent exist. i was lucky with mine and he dosent have one but i wud imagine with some good futzing it can be sorted

it think it's a stalagmite or tite on the base of the larger batman statue behind. :lol

It's a minor annoyance that can be smoothed out by tinkering with the body. The figure is the best batman I have ever owned. And i've been buying batman toys since I was 5 lol

oh goodness yes! buy him!! he is so much better than HT TDK. the dent accross his stomach seems to vary. i have seen some photos on here where it is very noticable...and some photos it simply dosent exist. i was lucky with mine and he dosent have one but i wud imagine with some good futzing it can be sorted

well, that seemed to be pretty cut and dry. :lol
I guess he'll be next on my list of Batman purchase..... ( I got two each 89 and Returns batmen being made by two of the great customizers on the board)

I guess he'll be next on my list of Batman purchase..... ( I got two each 89 and Returns batmen being made by two of the great customizers on the board)

89 Batman? Nice...post some pics when you receive them.

Yeah, Tak's Wayne sculpt was good back when it came out, but now..sheesh. I'm using HT's TDK sculpt on the Takara body now since I took Tak's cape off and put it on the HT BB suit figure. I still prefer HT's BB suit Wayne sculpt, mainly because of the skin tone, but it looks a little too..."happy" for me.

Here are some comparison shots.

baleheads1.jpg

baleheads2.jpg

baleheads3.jpg

baleheads4.jpg

Hmmm Val Kilmer anyone....:D

Awesome, yeah please do post pics.

I would love to have those in my collection too, but for now my focus is 100%on TDK / BB!! Hopefully in about 6 months time, i'll be able to post pics of my entire TDK / BB collection as I have it in my imagination right now lol

Back