Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_MG_2511.jpg

DAMN, that look like a real life promo shot of the movie! I am really impressed. Great work! :D

once the belt is removed is it broken? if so how do u re attach it? and how do u make it darker? using what?

cheers sorry for my noobiness

errr....mind resizing the pics? I'm using a 22inch wide screen monitor & I still have to scroll left n right just to see the pics.

Sorry, but just felt that the pics are too big & they distort the thread view too much.
btw, Thks for posting the out of the box comparison.

how do I reseize pictures?

thanks so much for the pics rismo. I appreciate it and great job on the repaint.

you bet, dude. thanks!

Great job!!!
Love this shot, I wanted to recreate this shot as well, but just couldnt get the right angle but u did it perfectly!!!!

thanks, jun!!

how much would you charge for this if i asked you? i mean charge to paint mine when i get one. :D

we can probably work something out :) send me a PM. I am pretty busy in May, so I might be able to do it right away is all.

If I didn't know any better I would have said that was an actual shot of Bale himself! :bow

thanks! I looked at the WB promo pics before I did my shoot. the model did most of the work. I just had to get the right lighting and angle :) sweet that his arms can stay up like that though!

hehe nothing weird about them dude, they are all the same, just without mods and without fancy photographing skills ;)

this is just what you get out of the box! :)

other people posted normal pics without mods and it doesnt look weird like that:google

you bet, dude. thanks!

thanks, jun!!

we can probably work something out :) send me a PM. I am pretty busy in May, so I might be able to do it right away is all.

thanks! I looked at the WB promo pics before I did my shoot. the model did most of the work. I just had to get the right lighting and angle :) sweet that his arms can stay up like that though!

Rismo:

Your repaint does look fantastic. Until I get Medi-Bat in hand I will keep on drooling....:drool

I prefer takara's wayne head. to me it is amazing. and to me, HT's wayne sculpt is way off and looks nothing like bale. but it depends on the person i guess :peace

And that persons eyes.. :monkey3 :D

Seriously though.. I don't see ANY resemblance with the Takara head. I mean none. Not even a hint.

watermark.php

With the 2 HT heads.. I can at least see the resemblance. Not 100% accurate.. but they at least somewhat like the person the sculpt is trying to capture. If that Takara head was never released with a Batman figure, but instead released with a generic military figure I guarantee you'd never see anyone saying that it could double for a Christian Bale sculpt. The same can't be said for the two HT heads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I love all the mods/repaints.. really brings out the best of this figure. I just absolutely hate that weird bend/fold around the abs that every single figure seems to have. That catches my eye consistently. Also the lack of a strap from the chest armor to the shoulder pads looks really cheap especially in certain pics when you see that or when you see the shoulder pads almost levitating instead of laying flat against the shoulder. Lastly the gap in the wrist: I think this isn't a problem because some people have it and some don't so it's probably just some people haven't pushed the wrist pin in the arm enough.

Overall.. I'm more impressed with the Modified Medicom TDK Suit than any Modified HT TDK Suit pics I've ever seen. If HT fails to deliver on the DX version, this will definitely be the definitive choice. Mind boggling how Medicom pulled this off and failed so badly with their Joker!? :duh

other people posted normal pics without mods and it doesnt look weird like that:google

they got good camera, the guy I got the pictures from hasn't got a good cam neither the talent...still, also these pictures give us a honest image of what the figure looks like, if you like it or not.

And that persons eyes.. :monkey3 :D

Seriously though.. I don't see ANY resemblance with the Takara head. I mean none. Not even a hint.

watermark.php

With the 2 HT heads.. I can at least see the resemblance. Not 100% accurate.. but they at least somewhat like the person the sculpt is trying to capture. If that Takara head was never released with a Batman figure, but instead released with a generic military figure I guarantee you'd never see anyone saying that it could double for a Christian Bale sculpt. The same can't be said for the two HT heads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I love all the mods/repaints.. really brings out the best of this figure. I just absolutely hate that weird bend/fold around the abs that every single figure seems to have. That catches my eye consistently. Also the lack of a strap from the chest armor to the shoulder pads looks really cheap especially in certain pics when you see that or when you see the shoulder pads almost levitating instead of laying flat against the shoulder. Lastly the gap in the wrist: I think this isn't a problem because some people have it and some don't so it's probably just some people haven't pushed the wrist pin in the arm enough.

Overall.. I'm more impressed with the Modified Medicom TDK Suit than any Modified HT TDK Suit pics I've ever seen. If HT fails to deliver on the DX version, this will definitely be the definitive choice. Mind boggling how Medicom pulled this off and failed so badly with their Joker!? :duh

OK STOP IT YOUR BEING A JERK :emperor I like takara's sculpt, respect my opinion or shut up. :maul

thanks for the kind words, fellas! :)

once the belt is removed is it broken? if so how do u re attach it? and how do u make it darker? using what?

cheers sorry for my noobiness

thanks to the tips of the other mod gods here I found the easiest way to remove the belt is behind the buckle. it attaches in two spots on each side of the buckle. I just slowly pulled apart the connection on the right side of the buckle because it seemed looser. there is a tab there that is glued to an insert on the buckle.

next I made a black wash with some water and a drop of acrylic black paint and just covered the entire thing with a brush. after that dried I still wasn't happy with how strong the gold looked, so I went over it again with a dry brush and crushed black pastel powder. then I hit it with a coat of testors dull cote.

finally, I placed a piece of masking tape over the figure's abs to protect it from potential glue then put a drop of glue on the tab that I disconnected before. I wrapped the belt around the figure the way it goes then reconnected the tab to the buckle. hold it together till it dries then remove the masking tape. good luck! :)

thanks for the kind words, fellas! :)

thanks to the tips of the other mod gods here I found the easiest way to remove the belt is behind the buckle. it attaches in two spots on each side of the buckle. I just slowly pulled apart the connection on the right side of the buckle because it seemed looser. there is a tab there that is glued to an insert on the buckle.

next I made a black wash with some water and a drop of acrylic black paint and just covered the entire thing with a brush. after that dried I still wasn't happy with how strong the gold looked, so I went over it again with a dry brush and crushed black pastel powder. then I hit it with a coat of testors dull cote.

finally, I placed a piece of masking tape over the figure's abs to protect it from potential glue then put a drop of glue on the tab that I disconnected before. I wrapped the belt around the figure the way it goes then reconnected the tab to the buckle. hold it together till it dries then remove the masking tape. good luck! :)

THANK YOU!!! ps. your repaint is amazing

Back