Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm... I don't think so.

That thing was horrid. So nasty it was.

I loved the Forever Batmobile back then (still like it, but not as much), loved the blue lights and the fact that I had the Kenner version (still has to be boxed away at my parents somewhere), but yeah, I've always hated the B&R Batmobile too. I mean, a convertible, seriously? :lol The overall shape may be nice, but that open cockpit just destroys it for me.

I loved the Forever Batmobile back then (still like it, but not as much), loved the blue lights and the fact that I had the Kenner version (still has to be boxed away at my parents somewhere), but yeah, I've always hated the B&R Batmobile too. I mean, a convertible, seriously? :lol The overall shape may be nice, but that open cockpit just destroys it for me.

i still have my kenner batman forever batmobile first or second best batmobile in my opinion (it could go up the side of a building!) B&R batmobile was cool too, same design, but yeah i wish it wasn't a one seater open cockpit. still better than adam west's batmobile. :lol

wow, thanks fellas. I'm humbled :)

nice repaint, cr0w!

I know what you mean. after I finished it I wanted to buy another 1 (or 2). already have 3 HT TDKs, so I gotta wait for HT's DX preview, though. Oh, he's still on sale at HLJ, btw :)

Tutorials are scattered throughout this site. I picked up a ton of good advice over at the onesixthwarriors board. Here's a good starting point. I like to use crushed pastels more than acrylics. It gives the skin a nice dry look. I really dislike any kind of sheen on skin textures unless you're going for sweaty. So I give it a good base with acrylic then let pastels take it from there. Good luck!

Great, thanks for the help. I'm also a scale modeler and only familiar with the paint types/techniques for 1:6 scale vinyl and resin kits -- but not 1:6 toys/figures. I guess it's now the right time to use pastels.

Thanks again, hope to see more of your repainted figure. Your work is so amazingly lifelike!

_MG_2511.jpg

If hot toys beat that with there dx batman with no mods I'll be very suprised.
Amazing work.

BUT if the DX can beat that with a few mods then HT stil win as that one above is modded too. :D

:lecture

On the hierarchy of modifications, a repaint sits at #2 with a re-sculpt being at the top in drastic changes. outfit nip/tuck follows thereafter.

The Medicom figure needs the exposed face repaint to look great (without it it's good). HT will get that right.

whoa, rismo's mods and repaint + the way he took the pics are just awesome............

on the B&R batmobile point .. I guess schumacher just wanna tip his hat of too the 1966 batmobile which doesnt have a canopy.. although it's one seated... o well...

I prefer Batman Forever over any of the other 3. I won't get into why I hate Burton's movies, as I'll be here all night. I'd prefer not to watch any of them but, given the choice, I'd pick Forever.

And I saw '89 Batman opening night.

than surely you can give us the reasons why you like the Forever film in favour of the other 3?

and about Batmobiles:
The Tumbler while not being a real batmobile, is the biggest badass of the lot, and has the most real feeling of them all.
The Burton batmobile is the sleekest, most sexiest of the lot, it's the ferrari of the batmobiles. Taste is personal okay, but you can't deny its just damn sexy
The Forever batmobile I must admit, it has also a badass and sexy touch about it, you clearly can see the origins of Giger in it (the creative brain behind the Alien design)

and about movies, you cannot argue that somebody prefers a more campy approach than a more serious and dark approach.
The thing with batman is he is a character you can use in every kind of theme.
On the extras on the dvd's of the old movies they also said that the 4 old movies each kinda represented the comic through the years, from its beginning period when it was serious ('89 batman and Returns), to when it was less serious (Forever) and ending when things got really campy, example also with the serial. (B&R)

If EdwardNygma1 loves his batman more campy, who are we to say he can't?
To each his own!

I prefer a dark, serious approach of the superhero. But that's just me.

Last edited:
than surely you can give us the reasons why you like the Forever film in favour of the other 3?

and about Batmobiles:
The Tumbler while not being a real batmobile, is the biggest badass of the lot, and has the most real feeling of them all.
The Burton batmobile is the sleekest, most sexiest of the lot, it's the ferrari of the batmobiles. Taste is personal okay, but you can't deny its just damn sexy
The Forever batmobile I must admit, it has also a badass and sexy touch about it, you clearly can see the origins of Giger in it (the creative brain behind the Alien design)

and about movies, you cannot argue that somebody prefers a more campy approach than a more serious and dark approach.
The thing with batman is he is a character you can use in every kind of theme.
On the extras on the dvd's of the old movies they also said that the 4 old movies each kinda represented the comic through the years, from its beginning period when it was serious ('89 batman and Returns), to when it was less serious (Forever) and ending when things got really campy, example also with the serial. (B&R)

To each his own!

I prefer a dark, serious approach of the superhero. But that's just me.

VERY WELL SAID RIKO! And I think your reply should put an end on the argument for the movies.. .after all it's a medicom batman thread :)

Batman has such a long history, people can just love any interpretation of him. Stop arguing ! :) Let's just enjoy the great customs/tips/pictures/mods of this figure !

Riko said:

The problem is, once someone disagrees with this kid he goes nuts. It's typical of younger people who can't debate/discuss/talk things out. They immediately get defensive and resort to name calling etc. You like what you like. If people don't agree, that's fine. Why people feel the need to defend things they like is beyond me. I could care less if anyone doesn't agree with me or like the same things I like. I don't go on a personal mission to change peoples minds about it or have a hissy fit when it happens though.

Well as for painting. I can paint a room that's it & a closet....:lol:monkey5. But once I get my Medi-Bat annnnnddddd if I am not happy w/the face, cape & all. I might, might PM someone requesting a custom job. I should get a confirm from HLJ today (May 7th). Any who, I love the modifications that I see here. :clap

The problem is, once someone disagrees with this kid he goes nuts. It's typical of younger people who can't debate/discuss/talk things out. They immediately get defensive and resort to name calling etc. You like what you like. If people don't agree, that's fine. Why people feel the need to defend things they like is beyond me. I could care less if anyone doesn't agree with me or like the same things I like. I don't go on a personal mission to change peoples minds about it or have a hissy fit when it happens though.

lol, it seems he is going nuts indeed :)
But you know and we know that he is just 14 years old, so you can anticipate on that knowing..
So next time he gets nuts, just ignore him. It's as simple as that.
You are not a child I think huh? so let us also behave as adults and not as 14 year olds..

Back