Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been working on this fun project for a couple of weeks here and there when I have some free time. I really loved the movie Edge of Tomorrow and I have watched it several times now preparing to put this guy together. I would say he is about 70% done. I have to add all the wires and some more weathering and will also make a dio base for him as well. I hope to complete this next weekend.

Love that Edge of Tomorrow custom but Cruise's face sort of looks like he either bleached his face or got a bad skin problem.

Thank you very much SirGor! I really appreciate your kindness, you words are very much appreciated!

Thank you Chewblock, I appreciate your feedback I enjoy trying out new techniques and I think the last picture close up used the flash that makes it look pale and not like it does in hand. I am going to start airbrushing again and hope to impress you with my next repaints! I was using acrylic inks on these and am going to start using Mr. Color enamels on my future customs.

Hey everyone! I know it has been a while since I have posted anything, I have been lurking and enjoying all your wonderful custom figures. It feels like yesterday though it was back in November we had our wonderful daughter and I just have not had any time to paint or work on any figure projects until this week! I have painted about 12 heads and am slowly putting some figures together.
First up Darth Maul, This head was a lot of fun to paint and also took a ton of time with all the lines and details.
Head: Jim Maddox
Body: Dam Toys Muscle body
Clothing: a mix of Sideshow and Medicom
boots: Medicom

Sith Anakin, I have been searching for what I think is the perfect receipt and this took a ton of time as I had to purchase the Premium format statue and shrank the head down to 1/6 scale. Trevor Groove is such an amazing artist and I think he captured Anakin's character perfectly. I am not quite done with him yet though he is getting there.
Head: Trevor Groove SS Premium format figure
Body: HT slim
clothing/boots: Medicom

I always wanted to make a Dark Empire Luke and finally finished him.
Head: SSC Hoth ex painted by me.
Clothing: various Medicom Darth Vader pieces with a random black shirt I think from a hasbro Star Wars figure.
Body: Dam Toys 2.0 Narrow shoulders.

Last edited:
Awesome job on Maul could we get a close up of him & Dark Empire Luke looks great,as does Anakin.

Thank you SirGor! For Maul I used a black primer for the undercoat and I may have used too much of it. In hand it looks fantastic though for some reasons close up pictures really exadurate the texturing from the primer.

I am also putting together a couple of TWD figures using the Gentle Giant sculpts. First up is Daryl he is about 70% done. Still needs a lot of work with weathering and all his accessories though I want to share what I have done so far the the Gentle Giant head repainted with hair.

Maul looks good with some texture on him.Daryl is looking good so far, looking forward to seeing him when he's done.

Thank you my friend!

I finished his weathering and stylized his hair and added a couple more accessories. I have more accessories for him though have not decided if I want to add his poncho or jean jacket with the leather sleaves or even add some blood. What do you all think would be Daryl's Iconic look?
Progress so far.

Preview of Carl, since I was doing some weathering I decided to put more work in on my Carl figure.

Re: Menlojames Custom fun and repaints Walter White and Tuco

DSCN4068_zpsrpolsl7b.jpg
[/URL]

What Body did u use for walter - Thanks

Hey Hotslayer73, For Walter I used a HT narrow shoulder and switched out the legs with HT Perseus legs. For the head I believe it was made by Sean D.

Thank you so much 8-bit Commando!!! You are the Man on fire. I am loving all your paint ups and you recently inspired me to pick up the Siriusblack head to make a Dracula figure. I won't do it the same justice you did when I repaint it but you definitely give everyone on these boards a lot of inspiration on what is possible! Thank you my friend!!!

Last weekend I painted up a Big Chief Watson head and decided to turn it in to Bilbo Baggins instead. I have been wanting to do this for a while now and am finally finding some time here and there for some figure fun. I wanted to make a version of him after the battle of the five armies what he may have looked like on his journey home. I know he probably would not be holding his sword on his way home but I couldn't resist. I am going to make a couple more mods on him but wanted to share what I have so far.
Head: Big cheif studios watson repainted and hair added
Body: frodo Toybiz modified. I dremeled off the little neck and added a regular neck post
Vest: HT Joker modified added silver buttons and taylored
Jacket, pants and shirt: Frodo Toybiz Taylored and weathered.

I painted 16 heads this weekend. I had put in some time last weekend and just finished them up. First up is John Wick, I used the Kumik head and dremeled off the neck and repainted it. I know there are a lot of good Wick heads out there though I really see Keanu in this one.

I agree 8-bit is a tremendous painter and a inspiration to me and others, but Menlo you inspire me that Bilbo & Wick are great.And you painted 16 heads in one weekend Wow! keep up the fantastic work. :rock

Thank you SirGor! I really appreciate your continuous kindness. I just took some pictures of some of the heads from last weekend I paint by brush and think I will start utilizing my airbrush for future paint ups. I may even go back over these for that change up in pigmentation look.

Nice work, man! I actually just painted that same Max head myself tonight!
45cc544c324ab4051a58cfdf6984d1f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back