Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be there eventually, I need to remodel the place to accomadate more figures.

About frikkin time you showed us something, Solidus. Anything! Just show us the closet where you keep them, I can't recal the last photo you posted. :lol

My apartment is practically a storage unit for my figures and their boxes. I took RAH Old Snake out of the box a few days ago just to check the rubber, and it was an amazing (yet peculiar) experience, to say the least. I felt like I was looking at a brand new figure. I hate that feeling! :rotfl

Sadly, I haven't touched any of my 1/6 figures more than a few times...

My apartment is practically a storage unit for my figures and their boxes. I took RAH Old Snake out of the box a few days ago just to check the rubber, and it was amazing (yet peculiar) experience, to say the least. I felt like I was looking at a brand new figure. I hate that feeling! :rotfl

Sadly, I haven't touched any of my 1/6 figures more than a few times...

Quit stalling and and take a snapshot of your storage then, I wouldn't mind any skeletons. :lol

How long have you had the Old Snake? It's amazing there wasn't any deterioration, considering it was in the box. Keep an eye for the rubber jumpsuit of the Medicom MGS3 Snake too!

Quit stalling and and take a snapshot of your storage then, I wouldn't mind any skeletons. :lol

How long have you had the Old Snake? It's amazing there wasn't any deterioration, considering it was in the box. Keep an eye for the rubber jumpsuit of the Medicom MGS3 Snake too!

I'd rather not, man. There are so many cool display pictures on this board, and if I take a shot of just my figures in storage, it'll probably come back to haunt me in the future. I can just imagine the comments. Eg. "Hey guys, remember this picture from Solidus? What a hoarder!" :rotfl

I already have several display ideas in mind. I just need an adequate apartment to show it off :monkey2.

Well, I got Old Snake back in 2008, when I bought it directly from Sideshow. The rubber seems fine, but I noticed a crack in the suit on Snake's right forearm :slap.

Is the old snake headsculpt removable?Ive been trying to remove it to send it for repaint but It just wont come off

Is the old snake headsculpt removable?Ive been trying to remove it to send it for repaint but It just wont come off

Yes it is. You need to grip the vest area and make sure the arms and legs don't get in the way. It's easy to do, but you need to be careful. Remove the bandana first too.

The what now?

33ldp4h.jpg

Magnet feature is neat. But I think they should of included 3 instead of 2. If I ever get the set I ordered from Amazon, I'll make a Mistral staff.

Not originally, i wanted to build the mistral staff, have a couple on display, and make the gekko guy with the fedora and trench coat. Im still interested in doing those but ill see if they sell. If they dont, ill take em down in a week or so, theyve been up since the end of last week. The knives at the ends of mistrals staff will be soooooooooo ez to craft.

sent from a tormented past

I get the feeling I will need to open a claim against the seller on Amazon about the 2nd set I ordered. If it isn't here by tomorrow, Amazon told me they can step in.

Kojima: MGS 5 characters to be 'more erotic' to encourage cosplay

"I've been ordering to Yoji [Shinkawa, the game's art director] to make the character more erotic, and he did it well," said Kojima on his English Twitter account. "Recently I've been making characters this way. I create the setting thoroughly, how he/she spent early life, name, style, favorite phrase, fashion, action, to stand the character out."

He continued, "The initial target is to make [you] want to do cosplay or its figurine to sell well."

Apart from reasoning, seems like he's taking realism away as well.

yea I got my tripods in too. but the chinese words under the title turns me off a bit. makes it feel like a Chinese knock off.

Anyway, how are they compared to playarts? are they just the same?

I hate this, already ranted on the Phantom Pain board though. Someone should cosplay as Snake and lay the smackdown with some cqc.:lol

I honestly think the franchise needs to be handed off to another director. His creative direction and storytelling have been mindbogglingly bad and uninteresting. Now he's going for the T&A angle for appeal...

Back