Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I completely agree with you. A shame they're not continuing their TDKR figures. I would love The Joker figure. Superman and armored Batman as well. Their Bat V Supes figures arent that bad but.. I compare them to Hot Toys and The quality gap is huge. The prices arent The same but i dont mind paying 4 times The price to go for The most perfect version. I bought TDKR exclusive mezco for 150 dollars as I missed The preorder and to me it was Worth it Even though it's originallly a 65 dollars figure. They HAVE to Wake up and realize where the potential is for hardcore collectors.

Again, this. As a hardcore DC fan I don't want Green Arrow in a suit that is unrecognizable. There are at least three looks for GA alone I would happily buy. But the accuracy has to be there. Flash with a hideous chinstrap and a big plastic belt? No thank you. Do a straight classic Flash and you got me. I do hope they know they're leaving money on the table.

Any chance Mezco would reissue the TDKR Batman figures? I had the PX exclusive, but sold it on eBay and now regret it.

They have already restocked it once so i could grab The regular one for The original price. But i doubt they'll reissue PX or exclusive let alone The black and white one.. I agree with what you said Mat chow, Mezco really go for strange designs. They should keep it simple and classic. Sometimes a basic classic figure Works wonders when rightfully executed like the Dark knight returns figure. I could Even mention Hot Toys Robocop, I wasnt sure about buying yet another Robocop with The same design but The execution was incredible. To this day its still one of The best Hot toys Ever imo. Mezco should stick to doing Classic looking figures it would work wonders in this Scale..

I agree as well. Hearing of issues/complaints with Cap and Armored Batman, my biggest concerns (which I have already expressed here, on the Fwoosh, and directly to Mezco) are with the design choices being made. When TDKR Batman was announced, I thought for sure my years of collecting were culminating in the most epic DC line I could imagine. I'm in for BVS Bats and Supes, as they are faithful repros of their film look. But so far the comic based figures are falling flat for me. I have Shazam on preorder and that's it. I will decide on Black Adam after Shazam arrrives. If they do TDKR Supes I will definitely order it. I want to support what Mezco has here but they aren't offering much I want to pay for. I have PX Dredd and Mutant Leader as well. I will get Space Ghost, as that is a great looking figure that is faithful to his longtime appearance. I'm passing on DC and Marvel characters I love because of the "Sideshow-ing" of them. Totally hear what you are saying.

I just made the same comment regarding the Modern Cap figure Mike Crawford just reviewed. This re-imagining of the comic book characters is not what I thought they were going for.

However, in Eamon's podcast, they did say they were still planning to go back to TDKR.

Any chance Mezco would reissue the TDKR Batman figures? I had the PX exclusive, but sold it on eBay and now regret it.

They better not, they reissued it like 10 times and they still need to do other characters with artist-specific portraits, for them to be making more Batman.

I'm sorry you missed out but your best chance is to hunt the secondary market.

They better not, they reissued it like 10 times and they still need to do other characters with artist-specific portraits, for them to be making more Batman.

I'm sorry you missed out but your best chance is to hunt the secondary market.

Yeah I really want an Neal Adams comic Batman...

I understand the complains, but to tell you the truth, I'm really enjoying the line. I don't think the design is going so far from the characters, but to each it's own. I got all three trek figures, 3 TDKR Batman versions, the mutant leader, Armored BvS Batman, Dredd and I have the classic Cap on the way. Loving the line.

I'm a long time comic reader, but I always collected my figures based mostly on what I think it's visually appealing to me, logically, a great reference ends up influencing (like the TDKR).

The only thing I'm not a fan of is Mezco's NRD policy and their customer service. Also, the fact that they're very dishonest with the "limited availability" of some figures. Other than that I think the figures themselves are excellent. 1/2 the size of Hot Toys and 1/2-1/3 the price. For anyone thinking that they were going to match the detail of a 1/6 Hot Toys figure... I don't know what to tell you.

:cuckoo:

Honestly I love the look of the comic figures. They're basically a "what comes to mind when someone thinks of this character" look to them, and I love that. So far loving my Modern Cap and BvS Armored Bay, really looking forward to everything else down the road.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is Mezco's NRD policy and their customer service. Also, the fact that they're very dishonest with the "limited availability" of some figures. Other than that I think the figures themselves are excellent. 1/2 the size of Hot Toys and 1/2-1/3 the price. For anyone thinking that they were going to match the detail of a 1/6 Hot Toys figure... I don't know what to tell you.

:cuckoo:

I agree their prices are fantastic. But as 1/2 size it may be, it's certainly not 1/2 the quality of Hot Toys. Except maybe for TDKR figure, I could nitpick a bit and say the stand is a catastrophee, that the paint is not professional enough (one of my batman figures has a paint miss on the left arm, never happened to me with Hot Toys, ever) and that the headsculpt could be even better. BUT it's still a phenomenal figure, I've never seen a 1/12 figure of this quality ever.
That's why I really regret they don't put this much care in their new line of figures. It doesn't look tight enough and as other mentions, it's really bad design choices (of coarse it depends of your tastes but man how can you begin with the beauty that is TDKR and produce this Superman? Why not the TDKR Superman? I don't get it).

Just giving my honest opinion on this, I had huge faith in Mezco but they're disappointing me right now.

really lookin forward to reg bats! pls shout if its seen instock anywhere or anyone gets shipping notice. looks good and will be great next to the HT. have the mezco armored and HT armored combo. fun to have one more for display and one for quick pic up and extreme posing. he has grown on me quite abit def my fav movie bats the batfleck no doubt.

Back