Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging from pics this looks like it has better Batfleck likeness anyway.

I really like the look of the Mezco Batfleck. I plan on purchasing one soon. Best figure and likeness of any 1:12 scale batfleck available. But I must disagree about the Mezco version having a better likeness than the Hot Toys version. Both are great figures, but 1:6 scale can usually achieve better actor likeness due to the advantages of the scale:

I initially did not plan on getting the Mezco release after getting the Hot Toys version, but the more pictures and videos I see of this, the more I want it

Yeah sorry but no, it's pretty clear to me that Mezco has a better likeness there.

I'm not sure what advantages there are to having a bigger scale in the end product, given how almost all sculpts nowadays are done with digital modeling, in fact, even Hasbro has released better headsculpts than Hot Toys, of course the result gets lost with the always terrible mass paint jobs and Mezco's paint job is obviously not better than HT's, but the head sculpt sure is imo.

I'd go as far as to say that HT mouth doesn't look like Affleck at all, while Mezco's is a dead giveaway.

On the other hand, HT has Mezco beat with Supes, Mezco Supes has a horrible headsculpt, with weird dumbo ears, while HT's is almost a dead ringer.

I'll just leave these here. Seems like some people in this thread could use them.

07302f125d4b9d39777e22f6e8619c66.jpg

It's okay to prefer one toy line without having to say crazy things to justify it to yourself

I don't know if Chuck or you are new to collecting or if the fact that cheap 6" figure companies actually have better sculpts than HTs is actually that shocking...

It's not a new thing, it's a well known fact; Neca, Hasbro, SHF and others often release better sculpts than HTs.

It's ok to like HT without trying to justify paying more for less accurate sculpts.

Yeah sorry but no, it's pretty clear to me that Mezco has a better likeness there.

I'm not sure what advantages there are to having a bigger scale in the end product, given how almost all sculpts nowadays are done with digital modeling, in fact, even Hasbro has released better headsculpts than Hot Toys, of course the result gets lost with the always terrible mass paint jobs and Mezco's paint job is obviously not better than HT's, but the head sculpt sure is imo.

I'd go as far as to say that HT mouth doesn't look like Affleck at all, while Mezco's is a dead giveaway.

On the other hand, HT has Mezco beat with Supes, Mezco Supes has a horrible headsculpt, with weird dumbo ears, while HT's is almost a dead ringer.

Not sure if I should take this seriously with the Marvel Legends comment LOL

Marvel Legends? Huh?

Sorry, Chuck, maybe the glasses weren't for me after all...

Got ahead of myself when I saw Hasbro. But for me, HT absolutely nailed the Affleck likeness:

Have you seen the Prime 1 Batfleck headsculpt? It seems really off. Not NECA Batfleck bad, but just..off

HT always nails likenesses, but there's always something off with them, like wax sculptures.

Have you seen some of the repainted Black Series figures? I hate the Black series, I hate Hasbro in general, but when someone who knows how to do paint, grabs one of those cheap figures, you realize how much of a bullseye those sculpts are, same with Neca, Neca predators and Aliens BTFO HTs big time, in both 7" and 1/4th scale, then SHF Darth Maul also blows SS Darth Maul out of the water.

I too used to think HT was this immaculate peak of doll perfection when I got into collecting, not anymore, great production values though and you get your money's worth, that's for sure.

Now that you mention Marvel Legends, I did see some repaints of Black Panther and Bucky.

15936791_1528144023867169_8928015054987612575_o.jpg

HT always nails likenesses, but there's always something off with them, like wax sculptures.

Have you seen some of the repainted Black Series figures? I hate the Black series, I hate Hasbro in general, but when someone who knows how to do paint, grabs one of those cheap figures, you realize how much of a bullseye those sculpts are, same with Neca, Neca predators and Aliens BTFO HTs big time, in both 7" and 1/4th scale, then SHF Darth Maul also blows SS Darth Maul out of the water.

I too used to think HT was this immaculate peak of doll perfection when I got into collecting, not anymore, great production values though and you get your money's worth, that's for sure.

Now that you mention Marvel Legends, I did see some repaints of Black Panther and Bucky.

15936791_1528144023867169_8928015054987612575_o.jpg

Yeah I've seen a number of repainted ML headsculpts..it's amazing what a proper paint job can do. ML usually has solid sculpt work.

And I'm by no means a hardcore 1/6 collector, and I have found a number of HT releases to be a little off with some of their headsculpts with certain releases. The only 1/6 scale figures I own are all 3 versions of Batfleck from the BVS line. And I agree on the NECA Preds/Aliens stuff. I have the 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator, and it's such a great looking piece.

I sold all my 1/6th figures like 2 or 3 years ago, I didn't have many, mostly 3A, one PAK, Mos Supes and SS Supes, both of them I literally only had for a week before re-selling them.

1/6 is cool but they're not that fun for me, I stick with 1/12th now for variety and poseability, price would also be an advantage if I didn't buy doubles or multiples :lol :monkey2

I may get Mezco's Bats, if Supes turns out to be good, since they delayed it I hope it's due to head sculpt improvement, because that thing is a disaster, if they don't fix it, I'll wait for their JL offerings.

I'll probably get BvS Bats anyway, don't like JL's Batsuit much.

I sold all my 1/6th figures like 2 or 3 years ago, I didn't have many, mostly 3A, one PAK, Mos Supes and SS Supes, both of them I literally only had for a week before re-selling them.

1/6 is cool but they're not that fun for me, I stick with 1/12th now for variety and poseability, price would also be an advantage if I didn't buy doubles or multiples :lol :monkey2

I may get Mezco's Bats, if Supes turns out to be good, since they delayed it I hope it's due to head sculpt improvement, because that thing is a disaster, if they don't fix it, I'll wait for their JL offerings.

I'll probably get BvS Bats anyway, don't like JL's Batsuit much.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from with poseability and variety with 1/12 figures. As much as I love my HT Batfleck's, I spend more time interchanging the face-plates, weapons, hands, putting in a museum pose, and then taking pictures. I tend to pose and mess around with 1/12 more frequently, which is why the Mezco Batfleck will be next on my list. And no one told you to buy multiples haha (says the guy with all 3 HT releases of Batfleck lol).

And yeah, the main complaint with the Mezco Supes has been the headsculpt. Wasn't their best work, but I'm sure that will be fixed with the delay. I also prefer the BvS Bat suit to the JL version, but I'm sure the JL version will grow on me..

Yeah I can see where you are coming from with poseability and variety with 1/12 figures. As much as I love my HT Batfleck's, I spend more time interchanging the face-plates, weapons, hands, putting in a museum pose, and then taking pictures. I tend to pose and mess around with 1/12 more frequently, which is why the Mezco Batfleck will be next on my list. And no one told you to buy multiples haha (says the guy with all 3 HT releases of Batfleck lol).
Patent US 6506148 B2 told me to.

At least you buy different ones :lol I have this stupid mentality of buying one to open and pose, one to keep MIB and one for backup :slap:

There really is nothing better than wasting time posing your dolls and taking pics while listening to some nice music and maybe having a snack :duff: Well, maybe there are some better things, but it's up there.

Patent US 6506148 B2 told me to.

At least you buy different ones :lol I have this stupid mentality of buying one to open and pose, one to keep MIB and one for backup :slap:

There really is nothing better than wasting time posing your dolls and taking pics while listening to some nice music and maybe having a snack :duff: Well, maybe there are some better things, but it's up there.

LOL. Well, we all have our collecting habits that make this hobby a double edged sword.

And yes, I do waste quite a bit of time, usually later at night taking pics of my figures. It keeps me out of trouble (at least I keep telling myself that) haha.

Yeah I've seen a number of repainted ML headsculpts..it's amazing what a proper paint job can do. ML usually has solid sculpt work.

And I'm by no means a hardcore 1/6 collector, and I have found a number of HT releases to be a little off with some of their headsculpts with certain releases. The only 1/6 scale figures I own are all 3 versions of Batfleck from the BVS line. And I agree on the NECA Preds/Aliens stuff. I have the 1/4 Jungle Hunter Predator, and it's such a great looking piece.

sorry but this is *******... It looks terrible. Imagine IF someone repainted Hot Toys. How would that look? Insane. Please do not compare Hasbro Black Series or NECA to Hot Toys. Not in The same league. At all. Now... Mezco do a great job but sculpt wise? Lol... Take The same repainter Guy for all different brands and t
Hot Toys figures Will look The best. Absolutely no question.

sorry but this is *******... It looks terrible. Imagine IF someone repainted Hot Toys. How would that look? Insane. Please do not compare Hasbro Black Series or NECA to Hot Toys. Not in The same league. At all. Now... Mezco do a great job but sculpt wise? Lol... Take The same repainter Guy for all different brands and t
Hot Toys figures Will look The best. Absolutely no question.

You lost me man. What is "s h * t" ? I think you missed the context of the argument. No one was comparing Marvel Legends/ Black Series to Hot Toys. And if you read the previous posts, you would see my argument for the Hot Toys Batfleck being the best representation of Affleck in figure form, and the 1/4 scale Jungle Hunter predator being a visually stunning piece.

Back