Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I have yet to see one repainted.

Edit: yup, thanks Captain, DiFabio's right, even without the repaint it's obvious.

But, it costs like 2 bucks so it can't be! Hat dolls da bezt!

Yup.

Here's moar.

You_Doodle_2017-01-17T04_38_18Z.jpg

Fuuuuug, better than a premium format right there :lol

I know. The Jakks Batman is the only BvS merchandise I bought (got the giant one and the 1/4 size one). I saw that **** at Toys R Us and Walmart with the store lights casting down on his cowl and was like "gotta get it". $20 sculpts blow away high end, who woulda thought.

That's a crazy good repaint. But IF that same guy used those skills of Hot Toys Batfleck it would Blow this one away. Still its very impressive what some people can do with a crappy material base. Blown away.

Not really. The Jakks figure looks to be an actual scan of Ben, but the HT figure was sculpted by hand. The Jakks is more accurate.

It would still be the HT sculpt underneath.

That's a crazy good repaint. But IF that same guy used those skills of Hot Toys Batfleck it would Blow this one away. Still its very impressive what some people can do with a crappy material base. Blown away.
Sorry but your not gonna get any better than an actual 3d scan. No matter how good of the painter is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know. The Jakks Batman is the only BvS merchandise I bought (got the giant one and the 1/4 size one). I saw that **** at Toys R Us and Walmart with the store lights casting down on his cowl and was like "gotta get it". $20 sculpts blow away high end, who woulda thought.
I wonder how does that happen? NECA and co should exploit the sculpts they have, if they gave them better paintjobs and used better plastic they could charge a lot more.

Are you planning on getting Bats repainted?

? Of course it would.
Nope, there's nothing left to improve in a HT, the paint is already perfect, no hidden sculpt to dig out, as you get a HT that's as good a likeness you'll get from it.

Is is really so hard to believe companies that make cheap $20 figures have better sculpts than HT? It's not a secret nor new information, you know?

Not really. The Jakks figure looks to be an actual scan of Ben, but the HT figure was sculpted by hand. The Jakks is more accurate.

Yup exactly.... just like the Neca arkham knight is an 3d scan of the figure. An great repaint and it won't get any better than that.

Scan or not it doesnt look like Batfleck at all before The repaint job. The Guy did a marvelous job at recreating everything. The HT sculpt is mindblowing it's clear that with such paint app it would look perfect.

Not to mention the Hot Toys has faceplates that jut out a smidge (like every one of their Batman figures, from Keaton to Bale) that keep it from looking realistic. Swappable eyes don't help either the way the eyes and mouth are set into the head. Makes them look like Japanes toys with gimmicks, albeit well painted ones.

Reminds me of the creepy Asian woody figure from Toy story.

Scan or not it doesnt look like Batfleck at all before The repaint job. The Guy did a marvelous job at recreating everything. The HT sculpt is mindblowing it's clear that with such paint app it would look perfect.
I don't know man... but the Jakks is clearly the better sculpt.. Repaint or not.

Scan or not it doesnt look like Batfleck at all before The repaint job.

That's because the paint job is pretty much non-existent. :lol It has two colors, flesh and pink. That's it.

We're talking about the SCULPT. If you took the Hot Toys head and the Jakks head and blasted them both with primer making each head a solid grey, I guarentee the Jakks would look just like Affleck more so than Hot Toys. Especially in the eye and mouth area. A sculptor can't beat a digital scan.

That sculpt is perfect. There's a reason so many artists picked it up, knowing it's potential.

That's because the paint job is pretty much non-existent. [emoji38] It has two colors, flesh and pink. That's it.

We're talking about the SCULPT. If you took the Hot Toys head and the Jakks head and blasted them both with primer making each head a solid grey, I guarentee the Jakks would look just like Affleck more so than Hot Toys. Especially in the eye and mouth area. A sculptor can't beat a digital scan.
Yep exactly. ...

Back