Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be really sad that they would retcon the new52 out of complains of people who didn't read the new 52.

Most of it was great and it was better than the state DC was in before the reboot, all of the big characters had fantastic runs, Flash and WW had like 40+ issues of instant-classic stuff, like not a single weak issue, that's pretty crazy, didn't get into many of the smaller characters and side kicks, I was never into them, but even the bigger ones like **** got freaking great stuff.

I reaaaally hope they don't go full pandering mode, DC has been doing great in spitting in the face of those sjw douchebags.

New 52 was a mixed bag for me. I was mostly irked with the absorbion of Vertigo by the main DCCU, which doesn't allow characters like Constantine to go full-on beast mode. Other characters were changed, others destroyed. Cyborg replacing J'onn still irks me. But it wasn't all bad. Batman was and is great, Johns ended his GL run with a bang, Justice League has been brilliant, etc, etc. Personally, I'd rather a relaunch than a reboot but eh, we'll see.

Well, truth be told, diversity is a good thing. It's just that we need more books like Azzarello's Wonder Woman and Midnighter, as opposed to Aaron's NuThor. There's a fine line between true diversity and forced publicity stunts. Rumour has it that Midnighter will be cancelled with REBIRTH, but I'm hoping it gets replaced by an Authority ongoing. The Authority is too cool a team to keep in limbo.

New 52 was a mixed bag for me. I was mostly irked with the absorbion of Vertigo by the main DCCU, which doesn't allow characters like Constantine to go full-on beast mode. Other characters were changed, others destroyed. Cyborg replacing J'onn still irks me. But it wasn't all bad. Batman was and is great, Johns ended his GL run with a bang, Justice League has been brilliant, etc, etc. Personally, I'd rather a relaunch than a reboot but eh, we'll see.

Well, truth be told, diversity is a good thing. It's just that we need more books like Azzarello's Wonder Woman and Midnighter, as opposed to Aaron's NuThor. There's a fine line between true diversity and forced publicity stunts. Rumour has it that Midnighter will be cancelled with REBIRTH, but I'm hoping it gets replaced by an Authority ongoing. The Authority is too cool a team to keep in limbo.

I'm sure MManhunter will be in the JL soon, I liked the fact that he was in the JLA first as a counter measure to Superman, that first JLA run was fantastic, but you're right about Vertigo stuff, it hasn't been exploited all that great, but nothing really that bad, Midnighter has been pretty good.

I'm not sure the DCU has a place for another team as big as Authority along with the JL and the JLA, much less one that is called Authority and that is pretty much the JL for Wildstorm :lol I wish they would have kept it under a different earth altogether, that would've worked better.

I'm sure MManhunter will be in the JL soon, I liked the fact that he was in the JLA first as a counter measure to Superman, that first JLA run was fantastic, but you're right about Vertigo stuff, it hasn't been exploited all that great, but nothing really that bad, Midnighter has been pretty good.

I'm not sure the DCU has a place for another team as big as Authority along with the JL and the JLA, much less one that is called Authority and that is pretty much the JL for Wildstorm :lol I wish they would have kept it under a different earth altogether, that would've worked better.

Let's hope so.

Marvel has: New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, ANAD Avengers, Ultimates and the Squadron Supreme. I think DC could handle Justice League, JLA and Authority. JL would be the world saving team, JLA the "classic" cinematic-esque team, serving more like an advertisment if anyhing, and the Authority could be a more violent version of the JL. I'm not a fan of over-saturation, but it can work. Though I'd prefer it if Vertigo and Wildstorm moved to their own universe. Then again, Midnighter's interactions with **** have been gold.

Let's hope so.

Marvel has: New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, ANAD Avengers, Ultimates and the Squadron Supreme. I think DC could handle Justice League, JLA and Authority. JL would be the world saving team, JLA the "classic" cinematic-esque team, serving more like an advertisment if anyhing, and the Authority could be a more violent version of the JL. I'm not a fan of over-saturation, but it can work. Though I'd prefer it if Vertigo and Wildstorm moved to their own universe. Then again, Midnighter's interactions with **** have been gold.

That's the thing, the JL would *not* allow a more "violent" team, they would simply not, that's one difference between Marvel and DC, Marvel has an environment where multiple teams like that can exist, and I don't see that happening in the DCU, also because Authority is a derivative of DC's archetypes so that's another reason, but I would like to see it for sure, so if it happens I hope it happens right.

Justice League Dark for instance, works because it's a whole different thing, different threats and different characters from regular JL.

That's the thing, the JL would *not* allow a more "violent" team, they would simply not, that's one difference between Marvel and DC, Marvel has an environment where multiple teams like that can exist, and I don't see that happening in the DCU, also because Authority is a derivative of DC's archetypes so that's another reason, but I would like to see it for sure, so if it happens I hope it happens right.

Justice League Dark for instance, works because it's a whole different thing, different threats and different characters from regular JL.

The Authority could tangle with different threats as well. Besides, a big point of the book would be the difference between the ideologies. Obviously the title works best in its own universe, as does Constantine and Lucifer. But, with a bit of tinkering, I think it could work as well. Then again, DC has tons of history with Parallel Earths, at the point where an Alternate Universe is like a neighboring planet.

well, finally ordered DKR Batman off Toyz in the box. Thank you gaspar and inebriatedgnome for the help. For those on the fence, there's free shipping and a coupon 10OFF. Mine came to around retail, $67.50. Should be valid on the PX exclusive too, but I opted for the original black and gray.

Also ordered DKR black and gray Batman, already had the PX exclusive. Thanks for the info FSLAR, and gaspar and inebriatedgnome who helped you. :hi5:

The Authority could tangle with different threats as well. Besides, a big point of the book would be the difference between the ideologies. Obviously the title works best in its own universe, as does Constantine and Lucifer. But, with a bit of tinkering, I think it could work as well. Then again, DC has tons of history with Parallel Earths, at the point where an Alternate Universe is like a neighboring planet.

Exactly, that's why I think another earth was the best choice, mainly because of the character roster.

My knowledge of Authority is pretty limited, don't they tackle the same kind of threats? As opposed to Constantine who tackles a very different kind of threats, which is why Constantine could fit very well in the DCU if they didn't water it down.

I'm glad Supes is scheduled last because I still believe they're going to fix it up. I hope they'll do variants for him in December too.

@Gaspar Where do you recommend starting with New 52 Supes? I thought about it, and you were right. I'm speaking from a Batman fan's perspective and the changes were just odd, but then with Wonder Woman, I thought she and the gods were boring pre-New 52, and really liked the new stuff, and I know Wonder Woman fans that despised that. I'm going to go from Scott Snyder's Batman run and re-read it from the beginning without having any cross-overs influencing me because that may have hindered my enjoyment.

I'm glad Supes is scheduled last because I still believe they're going to fix it up. I hope they'll do variants for him in December too.

@Gaspar Where do you recommend starting with New 52 Supes?
Believe it or not, there's nothing to fix about New 52/DCYou Supes :lol

I would recommend you start with "Action Comics" from the very beginning, issue #0, it's fantastic, very solid series, just like with Flash and WW I don't remember a bad issue.

Now "Superman" is good at the moment, but it started out a little slow, the complaints about "edgy" Superman in the new 52 most likely come from the first couple of issues of Superman, he wasn't really edgy but he was a little reckless with damage and stuff, nothing you haven't seen before but you know how people are when they make a meme about something, but once it picks up, after 1 or 2 arcs, it's pretty solid as well.

Didn't quite care about the whole "Doomed" thing, neither for the Superman Unchained mini series, but people seemed to like that one.

Also, it's not New 52 per say but "Adventures of Superman" was excellent, red trunks and all.

Thanks Gaspar. Darn it! I wanted to get into the stuff where he has no powers ASAP! :lol That's good to know that it's good from the start. I read the first two volumes of Superman Earth One and I enjoyed them for what they were, so I doubt I will be bothered by anything edgy. I love the t-shirt look! I don't like wearing any clothes with anything licensed, but I bought a Superman shirt back in 2011 because of the New 52 promotional material. It was the second licensed shirt I bought though, because I bought a Superboy shirt previous to that because of his t-shirt look too! :lol

Thanks Gaspar. Darn it! I wanted to get into the stuff where he has no powers ASAP! :lol That's good to know that it's good from the start. I read the first two volumes of Superman Earth One and I enjoyed them for what they were, so I doubt I will be bothered by anything edgy. I love the t-shirt look! I don't like wearing any clothes with anything licensed, but I bought a Superman shirt back in 2011 because of the New 52 promotional material. It was the second licensed shirt I bought though, because I bought a Superboy shirt previous to that because of his t-shirt look too! :lol
Yeah you're gonna like Action Comics.

My favorite alternate Supes look is his early Action Comics one, designed by Rags Morales; Jeans, T-shirt, boots and cape.

superman-rags-morales.jpg

Yeah, that's the one! I love it! I love golden age Superman, and it felt like a call back to that. I can't even read silver age Marvel or any other DC character, but I still enjoy reading Golden Age Superman and Batman. I would be so happy if Mezco made that Superman!

Anyone know when the One:12 comic Superman comes out? I can't find a picture anywhere that includes a clear look at tag with the release date on it.

Yeah, that's the one! I love it! I love golden age Superman, and it felt like a call back to that. I can't even read silver age Marvel or any other DC character, but I still enjoy reading Golden Age Superman and Batman. I would be so happy if Mezco made that Superman!
Then you will love the beginning of action comics and you will love both series when Supes loses his powers, it's pure Golden Age Supes. :rock

That version of Supes is perfect for ONE:12!

Exactly, that's why I think another earth was the best choice, mainly because of the character roster.

My knowledge of Authority is pretty limited, don't they tackle the same kind of threats? As opposed to Constantine who tackles a very different kind of threats, which is why Constantine could fit very well in the DCU if they didn't water it down.

Well, it depends on the roster. The most well-known one with Midnighter and Apollo by Ellis and Hitch took out a Mandarin-esque villain, an Alien Invasion and "God" himself. So, yeah, they can operate on a bigger scale if they want to. Plus, they also have this: "The Authority's base of operations is the Carrier, a sentient, gigantic, interdimensional "shiftship" existing everywhere on Earth at the same time and capable of moving through every imaginable plane of existence". And Midnighter has his "Doors", which are essentially amped up Portals from Portal (Video Game).

The more I look at that suit the more I agree with every bad thing said about it in this thread :lol

Back