Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on what I've seen so far, I'm up for a Spock. Initially I felt he was pricey, but, now I'm more settled into the 1/12 market, I can see that he is actually worth it. One idea that did spring to mind was to buy that old AMT kit with the 3 headed serpent and replace the kit figure with this one. As far as I can recall they are both the same scale, painted just right that would make for one cool looking diorama.

EDIT:

Mmmm, you know what, having looked more at that kit, I decided that this Spock was much too nice to subject him to a 70's AMT kit. I'll just get the figure and be done with it.

Last edited:
Jayrod88, Congrats on the awesome figure! Did you have to go through eBay to get him?

Last edited:
While nice, those variant Spocks are pretty pricey, certainly above the ceiling I'd be willing to go to. The OS one will set me back £65 posted and that really is as high as I'd want to go for a 1/12. It'd have to be pretty special for me to want to exceed that.

Isn't it still available at ThinkGeek?

Did Thinkgeek start selling these? There is nothing regarding this figure on their website.

Depending on their price I'd like to get one, just don't want to pay the crazy quadruple price on eBay.

I've been looking at their site every day since before SDCC, and I've seen nothing.

Did Thinkgeek start selling these? There is nothing regarding this figure on their website.

Depending on their price I'd like to get one, just don't want to pay the crazy quadruple price on eBay.

I'm constantly annoyed at how long it takes these to cross the pond. Sulu has been out for almost a month, and I've just found out it'll be at least another month if not more before he makes it to the UK.......��

I suspect he'll be worth the wait, if you want him that is. I have a Spock on the way but neither Sulu or Kirk blew me away as much as he did. Even throughout all the TOS and the movies I think Spock was my favourite character, so I'm thrilled to finally be able to have a great figure of him in my collection. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the 1/6 QMX is amazing, but, I just can't afford him. Here's hoping that Mezco do some movie figures of him. I'd like one from TWOK and as Ambassador Spock.

I'm constantly annoyed at how long it takes these to cross the pond. Sulu has been out for almost a month, and I've just found out it'll be at least another month if not more before he makes it to the UK.......��

That will be properbly the time when I receive Spock. I really have to look for a new seller for Mezco.

Well, I went for Spock in the end and he arrived yesterday. Got to say I'm really impressed. He's all the Spock you could want and at nearly £100 less than a QMX he's a steal. When you first open the box flap, you think 'Where is he!?' but when you find him he's well worth it.

Having looked at Sulu again after having Spock in hand, I am warming to him as well. The same seller as I got Spock from has him as well, so if they have some left in a couple of weeks, well, we'll see....

Last edited:
Well, I went for Spock in the end and he arrived yesterday. Got to say I'm really impressed...

Looks great!

...He's all the Spock you could want and at nearly £100 less than a QMX he's a steal.

Budget wise Mezco has QMX beat, and perhaps combined with the 1:12 scale opens more space and possibility to collect more characters and set pieces, but I just picked up the QMX Kirk and Spock 1/6 figures and they are amazing! If you are a 1/6 figure fan, I think these are the figures of the year, and they look right at home with the quality of Hot Toys. The details are amazing from the sculpts, paint apps, tailoring and build. This takes nothing away from Mezco who accomplished a fantastic amount of detail in half the scale, but I was glad to pay more and get more with the QMX figures. I'm not going to collect all the characters, Kirk and Spock (and perhaps Bones when released) will be representative of TOS for me. But, I understand it all depends on what you want, and I can see the appeal of these 1:12 figures even if I have decided to pass on them myself. It's fun to see others enjoying this 1:12 line of figures and for TOS to have options.

When you consider how many Mezco you can get for the price of one QMX it works out nicely in the favour of Mezco. 1/6 was just getting too pricey for me. Initially I thought that 1/12 was getting that way, but not so much now I've seen other stuff on the market. £65 might seem like a lot what with Mezco themselves selling them for $70, however, you add shipping to the UK and VAT on top of that and there starts to be less difference. I'm surprised how well tailored the costumes are on them, the only other dressed small figures I'd seen were the Mego scaled NECA and they look a bit silly by comparison.

Unless Kirk turns out to be another winner, I may stop at Spock and Sulu when it comes to TOS Trek. There are other offerings on the way which I really want more and it would take Kirk to be stellar for me to choose him over them.

Oh, another thing I want to ask Sulu owners, where in the box can you find his belt!? Is it stashed in a bag like Spock's was or is it elsewhere!?

Where have you been looking for Sulu!? The eBay seller I got Spock from has him now and I'll get him from them next week.

Back