Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that I meant the original designs (or the 1 movie designs), the weight of their bodies alone should not allow them to move quickly, let alone be ninjas, let alone with a shell..
Sure - I get you, but..

..so making them bigger and add a few accessories should be inconsequential.
Hang on - inconsequential??

That would mean they'd be on their ****ing backs just flailing around, with all that added weight. :lol

But that's the thing, how heavy are those shells? real turtles are not able to move fast for a reason. The same principle applies, if you want to be realistic, the shells alone wouldn't let them move too much, Let alone Jump and fight with weapons.

kind of reminds me of this, they would use the shells to train but never to fight with, they were too heavy and they were meant to make them more agileAfter they took them off in dragon ball.

KidGokuKrillin.png

I don't know, but it's bone, some turtles go as heavy as half a ton and they don't move at all, I reckon a least more than half of their weight is pure shell.

Exactly, being nitpicky about how are they gonna have the strength or technique to move stealthy with a little necklace or googles yet neglecting the intrinsic designs of the originals is just illogical.

And btw, Goku was capable of lifting cars at that age :lol a shell wasn't so much of a problem.

Sure - I get you, but..

Hang on - inconsequential??

That would mean they'd be on their ****ing backs just flailing around, with all that added weight. :lol

C'mon you can't be serious, they have shells and they don't fall on their backs in the original movies (like they should do if you decide not to suspend disbelief) so why should they fall of their backs with a chopstick chest plate or a necklace? :lol

PS: I kinda think you're not serious, but it's late and being up late makes me dumb :lol

Are you guys really discussing the realism with Ninja Turtle anatomy? It started as a freakin' comic book series that inspired a kids cartoon show :lol. Just accept the camp for what it is.

C'mon you can't be serious, they have shells and they don't fall on their backs in the original movies (like they should do if you decide not to suspend disbelief) so why should they fall of their backs with a chopstick chest plate or a necklace? :lol
Well.. that last comment was partly in jest (come on man..), but you've misunderstood me.

My point is (& I thought this was implicit with my first reply) that these new versions are beasts compared to the original concept. They're not teenaged size comparatively to a person - & all the junk hanging off them just makes the whole idea even sillier.

Are you guys really discussing the realism with Ninja Turtle anatomy? It started as a freakin' comic book series that inspired a kids cartoon show :lol. Just accept the camp for what it is.

My point exactly :lol

Well.. that last comment was partly in jest (come on man..), but you've misunderstood me.

My point is (& I thought this was implicit with my first reply) that these new versions are beasts compared to the original concept. They're not teenaged size comparatively to a person - & all the junk hanging off them just makes the whole idea even sillier.

Like I said, proportionally speaking they should not be able to be ninjas in any size, once you cross that line, selective suspension of disbelief is just silly.

Which means accepting their giant size now and their silly outfits. That's the point :lol

or two punk guys that became walking talking animals :lol

or an alien that lives inside the stomach of a humanoid robot

If they made a straight up adaptation of the cartoon with Krang and the Technodrome and Bebop and Rocksteady it would look pretty silly, Even if someone like Joss Whedon did it

Imagine if they did a live version of this guy :lol

Baxter_stockman_repaint_cartoon.jpg

This movie is going to be awesome!! :rock

I don't think the designs will make this bad... it's the story and acting that will ruin this flick.

I could ignore the design of the Turtles. I could forgive Meagan Fox as April. But Shredder being white and the foot being some sort of paramilitary operation ruins the entire story. I cannot forgive those. **** white Shredder.

FREE OROKU SAKI!!!!!

Back