Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always thought the designs were pretty solid. Granted, I do agree the lips look weird and Donny & Mikey have too much going on. I'm still looking forward to going to the film and preparing to HOPEFULLY be entertained by it at the very least.

has that ever been the case in the comics or cartoons?

Nope! In the original comics, I remember one of the foot clan ninjas using one. Weird right? I guess cause it was an exotic weapon at the time (80s) they could pass it off as a ninja weapon.

In the 2003 Cartoon Mikey had one.

Inazuma.png

Im actually scared the turtles might kill the foot clan in brutal ways. Transformers movie optimus is always ripping peoples faces off and tearing bots in half. Hope leo doesnt freaking rip shredders face off at the end of the movie. "Give me your face shred head" (brutally rips off shredders face, kids begin to cry). Leo then puches a hole through shredders chest while covered in blood and says "cowabunga *****". Movie ends with a linkin park song.

Last edited:
Im actually scared the turtles might kill the foot clan in brutal ways. Transformers movie optimus is always ripping peoples faces off and tearing bots in half. Hope leo doesnt freaking rip shredders face off at the end of the movie. "Give me your face shred head" (brutally rips off shredders face, kids begin to cry). Leo then puches a hole through shredders chest while covered in blood and says "cowabunga *****". Movie ends with a linkin park song.

Besides the Linkin Park song, this is how the turtles should be. Check out the original comics sometime. Good stuff.

Come on.. no way. :lol

For starters, how would a turtle the size of an adult man be able to move like a ninja? Add to that, with a shell proportionally as heavy in that size, were they trained by Master Roshi? I guess a few silly attachments to their outfit shouldn't hurt the already suspended disbelief.

And traditional ninja uniforms look nothing like the original designs (if you follow the vox populi) and even if some say ninjas used to dress like civilians to kill their targets, I suppose that would make these designs more ninja-like then (sneakers, sweatpants, glasses, etc)...

Precisely - they're not supposed to be that big.

..for starters. :lol

With that I meant the original designs (or the 1st movie designs), proportionally speaking, the weight of their bodies alone should not allow them to move quickly, let alone be ninjas, let alone with a shell, so making them bigger and add a few accessories should be inconsequential.

splinter flat out says their mission is to find Shredder and KILL him. That was their whole motivation in the first comics, to take down shredder.

With that I meant the original designs (or the 1 movie designs), the weight of their body alone should not allow them to move quickly, let alone be ninjas, let alone with a shell, so making them bigger and add a few accessories should be inconsequential.

But that's the thing, how heavy are those shells? real turtles are not able to move fast for a reason. The same principle applies, if you want to be realistic, the shells alone wouldn't let them move too much, Let alone Jump and fight with weapons.

kind of reminds me of this, they would use the shells to train but never to fight with, they were too heavy and they were meant to make them more agileAfter they took them off in dragon ball.

KidGokuKrillin.png

Back