Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the latest trailer for this. Looks fun. What exactly is everyone in an uproar about? The gear they have is certainly excessive compared to their classic designs but does it really matter that much? Looks like these new turtles are going to really kick ass while also poking fun at the sheer absurdity of the entire concept of crime fighting turtle ninjas.

I read the original black and white comics back in the mid-80's which were cool but thought the original cartoon was silly, the 1990 film was average at best, and everything else TMNT related has pretty much sucked. It looks like they're finally getting a step up with this new movie.

I just watched the latest trailer for this. Looks fun. What exactly is everyone in an uproar about? The gear they have is certainly excessive compared to their classic designs but does it really matter that much? Looks like these new turtles are going to really kick ass while also poking fun at the sheer absurdity of the entire concept of crime fighting turtle ninjas.

I read the original black and white comics back in the mid-80's which were cool but thought the original cartoon was silly, the 1990 film was average at best, and everything else TMNT related has pretty much sucked. It looks like they're finally getting a step up with this new movie.
cosby_face.gif

I totally need to see the original film again. People seem to have a lot of reverence for it. I loved it as a child but I haven't seen it in probably almost 20 years.

I totally need to see the original film again. People seem to have a lot of reverence for it. I loved it as a child but I haven't seen it in probably almost 20 years.

It's cheesy, but oh so AWESOME! Just my opinion.

It's cheesy, but oh so AWESOME! Just my opinion.

yeah,Michael Bay's CGI HULK turtles will Never hold a candle to Jim Henson's Puppetry Turtles...The Original stayed true to the look of the character costumes and Feel

yeah,Michael Bay's CGI HULK turtles will Never hold a candle to Jim Henson's Puppetry Turtles...The Original stayed true to the look of the character costumes and Feel

Exactly. I even liked Shredder in that film. Not too over the top and yet fearsome. Splinter was awesome. Casey was cool and fun. The turtles had good personality. Just a fun film.

Watched it last week, solid 8.5 or 9, it's truly a fantastic movie.

It's funny that they managed to give me feels at the kodak moment with rubber turtle suits/puppets :lol you need talent to manage that.

I don't think this new one is going to give me feels, but who knows, I at least expect some good laughs and cool fight scenes.

The 90 film is a classic and the Nick show nailed the characters perfectly.

In 1990, Raphael actually needs saving by his brothers, not the other way around. When he has his tantrum and goes to the roof, and gets annihilated and thrown through a skylight.

Although really, the foursome would have gotten stomped / burned to death if it wasn't for Casey.

Splinter was never hurt in the CGI film. Leo is the only turtle that needs to be saved.

And in the 1990 film Raph has to be saved from the Foot by his brothers. What movies were you watching.

What I mean is that in every turtle movie someone needs saving. It was done twice before but NOW it is a problem for people..... I dont get that

even this guy that completely hated the first trailers is on board now. the last trailer is definitely changing some people's minds :lol

Unless my Son and Daughter force me to bring em to this it will be a Netflix for me...gotta strong feeling I'm gonna go to the theater for this one

I stand by my claim that the 1990 film is average at best. It coasts on charm and nostalgia, not the fact that its actually *good.* Compare it to movies based off of comic books, cartoons, or toys that actually *are* good: Superman The Movie, Batman 89, Spider-Man 2002, Spider-Man 2, BB, TDK, TWS, DOFP, Iron Man 1, etc. TMNT 1990 truly is mediocre (at best!) by comparison. It's better than the GI Joe movies, live-action MOTU, and FF, but that's pretty much it.

This trailer is much dopier than anything we've seen from the new movie so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh2u6Cw2clE

I stand by my claim that the 1990 film is average at best. It coasts on charm and nostalgia, not the fact that its actually *good.* Compare it to movies based off of comic books, cartoons, or toys that actually *are* good: Superman The Movie, Batman 89, Spider-Man 2002, Spider-Man 2, BB, TDK, TWS, DOFP, Iron Man 1, etc. TMNT 1990 truly is mediocre (at best!) by comparison. It's better than the GI Joe movies, live-action MOTU, and FF, but that's pretty much it.

This trailer is much dopier than anything we've seen from the new movie so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh2u6Cw2clE
Just stop.. honestly. :lol

Back