1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hm...I'm still pretty interested...but I'm really new to HT so haven't gone through the wait + disappointment phase.

Ive kind of lost a lot of interest in this figure Ive seen to many photos and I dont even have him yet... Anyone else who has been along for the whole ride waiting for the DC Direct shipment feel the same way???

Nope. Can't say that I do.

Ive kind of lost a lot of interest in this figure Ive seen to many photos and I dont even have him yet... Anyone else who has been along for the whole ride waiting for the DC Direct shipment feel the same way???

No matter how many pics u see of a figure,nothing compares to having it in-hand ..and id say most people would agree with that.
My dealer just got my batman in, should have it posted out Monday!

I think all this frustration and hubbub over the faults and defects on the DX Batman will subside and be forgotten after a while -- maybe a year or two. When that happens it'll just be seen as a good figure and that'll be that.

I don't think anyone still waiting for the DCD shipment should cancel their order? Why should they? You're going to receive an incredible figure without all the problems seen over the past few months.

As for those few (or maybe not just a few) collectors who seem to have hit a brick wall when attempting to get in contact with HT for a replacement...well...that just sucks. That won't be forgotten. Those feelings will just roll downhill to each successive HT release from now on.

I think anyone losing interest in this figure just because of the slightly longer wait for DCD after it's been out other places for some time, probably was never all that much interested in it in the first place and was more caught up in hype over it than actual interest. If you really want this figure for what it is, I can't see why waiting would do anything but make you want it even more than when you first ordered it.

Considering that the problems seem to be finally fixed with this figure, the wait for DCD should be sweetly rewarded with a very nice figure for those getting one throught that shipment.

Im still excited and looking forward to putting him with Joker.
I hope your issue gets resolved though Vodoun.

I think anyone losing interest in this figure just because of the slightly longer wait for DCD after it's been out other places for some time, probably was never all that much interested in it in the first place and was more caught up in hype over it than actual interest. If you really want this figure for what it is, I can't see why waiting would do anything but make you want it even more than when you first ordered it.

Considering that the problems seem to be finally fixed with this figure, the wait for DCD should be sweetly rewarded with a very nice figure for those getting one throught that shipment.

That isnt true I was all ready to go for the DC Direct shipment of Joker this one though just took so long that I dont really care anymore... Ill review him but it wont be as special to me as other figures that came faster... If that makes me less ofa fan of the figure then so be it... I could care less as long as Im still going to get one...

Well, I don't mean to necessarily challenge your specific fandom, I just see a lot of people post about figures around here where I never feel like they actually care about the figure but it seems more like they're almost addicted to buying these things and regardless of whether they really want a specific figure, they buy it, and get lost in the hype over it and then over time, they regret having bought it in the first place, and usually it's the ones that are going out of their minds and ready to snap over waiting for a figure that seem to be the ones really into that piece regardless of what other people think about it. I have a hard time understand when people buy figures or any collectible just because it's like the thing to do, seems like a waste to spend your money if it doesn't mean anything to you personally.

Yeah, I disagree with Maulfan in a general sense. If you are waiting and waiting and waiting, and keep seeing more and more pics/impressions, eventually you might be just as likely to get tired of the concept as to get more hyped up about it. Doesn't have as much to do with hype so much as the human tendency to get bored with something, hype or no.

My custom bat cape by lforigno has been next to joker 4 so long:impatient:..soon it will have a figure to hang from.:)

I have a hard time understand when people buy figures or any collectible just because it's like the thing to do, seems like a waste to spend your money if it doesn't mean anything to you personally.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

For example, I think the Ironman figures look amazing, but I just can't get excited about Ironman, so I can't bring myself to spend $200 on an Ironman figure.

On the other hand, I have been waiting for a definitive 1/6 scale Batman, and the moment I say this figure I new I had to have it no matter what the cost.

Right now, I am pretty much consumed with tomorrow's LOST finale, but after that I'm gonna be like this for the DX02 every day until it gets here: :impatient:

Thats why i dont check to many posts about a figure when i dont have it yet.
I only look at the pics from Hot Toys or Medicom etc

On the other hand, I have been waiting for a definitive 1/6 scale Batman, and the moment I say this figure I new I had to have it no matter what the cost.

^agreed. I'm still excited...this is the last non-custom addition to my TDK collection and really, the most significant, along with the DX01.
I look forward to a more complete display. And with the QC issues hopefully behind it, I'm all the more pumped.

I feel the same way yet I own them. This figure is tarred, royally, nonone can deny that it really is with the faults. The faults outweighs the goodness of the figure. Now when I look at this figure I just see Hot Toys contempt for us that own it before the DCD release.

I really regret spending over $400 for them. I really do. I only bought 2 because I thought this was going to be the grail piece of The Dark Knight suit. The figure looked epic back then. Now I'm stuck with two decomposing figures. I mean seriously I may as well have set fire to that money.

It's over two weeks ago yesterday I contacted Hot Toys and I'm just getting ignored. I sent them another email 3 days ago to both info@ and cs@ and I'm still being ignored. I feel like I've been scammed on eBay buying a product that wasn't what I bought that was wrongly inconveniently advertised.

if they wont reply to your emails can u use a friends email address and use the friend to pose as the buyer so hot toys dont know its you?

How would that work when my name and address is on the proof of receipt.

Hey Guys,

I just got my invoice for the DX Batman. I will have the item in hand this Wednesday (05/26/10), YAY!

I have about 10 available, let me know if interested in one!

New to this post, but what would you say is good and/or bad between this DX Batman and the MMS TDK Version/

Back