MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What could, and hopefully some day, might still be.

4.jpg

Just saw the movie, so i won't be getting the figure. Not memorable at all to me. Damn nice figure though.

I'm with you I this. I thought the film was terrible, nothing special or memorable about the character Barney Ross, and am a huge Stallone fan.

It's amazing that Hot Toys is making figs for a crap film like the Expendables, but classics like Rocky I and Rocky II have know figs:gah:

I'm with you I this. I thought the film was terrible, nothing special or memorable about the character Barney Ross, and am a huge Stallone fan.

It's amazing that Hot Toys is making figs for a crap film like the Expendables, but classics like Rocky I and Rocky II have know figs:gah:

I still have hope For a ROCKY I Figure.

Just noticed over on One sixth warriors they ve got the Toyhunters in-store pics up and on those small photos they post by the figure it says "Chest and arm tattoos" but does nt mention anything about his back...

Rocky 1 and 2 should have figures but the Expendables was awesome!

It's about sales. Some franchises are hugely popular but not big for merchandising. I think Rocky's a character a lot of people really like, but when it comes to spending $150+ on little collectibles, it's not that appealing to enough people. There are those who'd happily buy it, myself included, but I think we're too small a number to justify it. Rambo has a better chance because there's military gear and collecting seems to favor characters that fire weapons and kick ass and have crazy gear to do it. Which also favors Expendables.

Expendables has the fact that it's an action film with cool military gear used, plus stars that many really like and would like collectibles of, and it's a new movie so they'll be able to sell to people who get caught up in new movie hype. If they tried to do this line a year from now, it'd probably do about half as well as it will, but right now, all things going for it, it should do pretty well.

Just finished watching the film! After seeing these specs it really made me wanna see what all the hype was about.

I personally loved the movie. The action parts were great & fight choreography was superb!

However as many have stated, the Ross character was 'meh' to me & didnt present anything great.

Figures still awesome, Im just not down about having a fig representing such a character.

The character aside, it is a great representation of Stallone. Ross as a character was meh, I enjoyed Statham's (Christmas) character better. I'll pick up Ross and Christmas but pass on Li's character (Yang). A total waste of a character IMO.

Back