MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they have pretty much confirmed they are doing Statham and Li as well as Sly, I can't see the rest of the team or any bad guys happening but you never know.

I don't care about the bad guys. but a Terry Crews, Dolph & Randy Couture are MUSTS.

If one of these characters are left out...a big PASS on the entire line.

NONE OF THESE CHARACTERS are EXPENDABLE

Nice headsulpt...very good...spot on with Sly's face at his age and so on but god damn that top half of the body looks so freaking ugly...the tatoos cover the shoulder joints nice but they need to sort out that obvious cut in the top half. I know it means less articulation but you dont even need him to bend down and even if he does it doesn't bend fully anyways. Also they should go with rubber bodies for figs like these where you can show off the body and its gonna look good.

Nice but Barney Ross is easy character I mean
nothing special. I want Cobra, Rambo something iconic.
PASS :exactly:

I get the aesthetic flaws of the joint body, but what fun is a poeable figure with limited poses. While these new bodies are still limited compared to a regular TT, they are much better than the old school muscle bodies Rambos came on which have pretty poor ar pose range. I think these new bodies are a nice mix of looks and posability.

Yeah I agree. Also you don't have to worry about the issues rubber bodies have, deterioration and all that.

I get the aesthetic flaws of the joint body, but what fun is a poeable figure with limited poses. While these new bodies are still limited compared to a regular TT, they are much better than the old school muscle bodies Rambos came on which have pretty poor ar pose range. I think these new bodies are a nice mix of looks and posability.

those old rambos need serious updating. come on, ht! but as far as "nice mix of looks vs posability" goes, i'm always of the opinion that if you want to go for realism, then go for realism all the way. having that real a face, only to have visible joints make it look like a toy just distract from the overall aesthetic.

but we've all been through this discussion before. :)

Amazing looking figure! Wow... Great job HT!

No interest at all, but it does give me hope for a Rocky figure.... And not one in the boxing garb either. I want street Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1. Hat, gloves with cut off fingers and jacket. :rock Second would be grey sweetsuit and black chucks.... Hell, I'd even dig a glass half full of raw eggs.

NICEEEE! This is so awesome...Good thing I canceled all my "impulse" wants like Abigail, Black Widow, Jill, Sarah...(lol all barbies)...I have justified my picking up of Stallone...NICE

Amazing looking figure! Wow... Great job HT!

No interest at all, but it does give me hope for a Rocky figure.... And not one in the boxing garb either. I want street Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1. Hat, gloves with cut off fingers and jacket. :rock Second would be grey sweetsuit and black chucks.... Hell, I'd even dig a glass half full of raw eggs.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

those old rambos need serious updating. come on, ht! but as far as "nice mix of looks vs posability" goes, i'm always of the opinion that if you want to go for realism, then go for realism all the way. having that real a face, only to have visible joints make it look like a toy just distract from the overall aesthetic.

but we've all been through this discussion before. :)

This looks really cool but I haven't seen the movie yet so not pulling the trigger at the moment, got tix for tomorrow. However I am a HUGE Sly fan, my beefs are the beret---to fuzzy or thick, maybe a different material to go with the scale. He looks like he's wearing a russian fur ushanka. The street clothes look a bit Ken doll-ish, something needs to be done about those mom jeans especially in the waist area. And last but not least the damn body!!! Not only does the visible rib joint all but eliminate the possibility of posing him shirtless for me but Sly has a bit more definition than that.

My 3 favourites from the movie,would love figures of all 3 and Statham off course,screw Li...Really,never seen him playing a more boring character EVER.

My 3 favourites from the movie,would love figures of all 3 and Statham off course,screw Li...Really,never seen him playing a more boring character EVER.

You can blame that on Stallone for writing him a ____ty role and directing him poorly in choppy action scenes.

Back