MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I caved and ordered Barney, I will get my favorite character from the film Christmas (Statham). Always two from a film on my shelves, no more no less :lol

You know, the more I look at this, I'm not sure on the likeness.

sub-square-barney.gif

I feel as if i don't have a right to say so since i could care less about this thing but the elbow freakin joints are unforgivable One of these days they will do this with a character i actually give a damn about and there will be hell to pay...

I feel as if i don't have a right to say so since i could care less about this thing but the elbow freakin joints are unforgivable One of these days they will do this with a character i actually give a damn about and there will be hell to pay...

Does anyone ever listen to you?

$650 man.

:monkey3

This is a freaking awesome figure! The sculpt is insane :panic: In all wishful thinking I wish they would make a Monroe. :D

I get the aesthetic flaws of the joint body, but what fun is a poeable figure with limited poses. While these new bodies are still limited compared to a regular TT, they are much better than the old school muscle bodies Rambos came on which have pretty poor ar pose range. I think these new bodies are a nice mix of looks and posability.

:goodpost:

I feel the same! These are action figures after all, and what good would an action figure be without the articulation?
Of course a figure would look best with no visible joints, but as long as there isn't a way to do this, I'm much happier with a joint showing here or there, than an action figure that's basically a statue. The elbow joints don't bother be one bit, the torso joint is a bit more noticeable should you display him barechested, but I'd much rather have this, than a solid torso without movement.
I often find that the perfect pose depends on just millimeters, and if this joint allows me to create a perfect pose, then I'm all for it!! :rock :rock :rock

Having said that; I enjoyed the film, wasn't really interested in the figures, but this definitely blew me away, so I'm pre-ordering this!!! :rock :rock :rock

O yes because rubber coated arms with limited articulation and the risk of deterioration over time is soooo much better:rolleyes2 ...

damn, one day my Cliffhanger Stalone will be a possibility....

Great sculpt, as many have said up there with Arnold, however I have no interest in the movie and buying this will go against my figure buying principles.

But Im glad it is an easy pass for me. Hard but still pass.

Talk about sucksville.... full on exposed toy elbows with no option to hide them.

Makes me so glad I do not give the slightest crap about the movie or the line. There will be those that do not care but I'm paining for those that like this thing and do care.

And those are Dad jeans if i've ever seen them

:bouncin

Back