1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened her last night and spent an hour trying to get the mask on. Thanks to your guys' warnings (especially about flipping the glasses BACKWARD rather than FORWARD), I avoided breaking it.

Then I realized that it's easier to attach the strap and THEN slip it on over her head, and things went smoother.

Was after midnight at that point, so I didn't get to do a whole lot. Overall a great figure, though I'm disappointed by the painted hairline and the fact that she's almost impossible to stand on her own without the stand. For some reason, the toes of her boots are curved, and not flat - so between them and the stilletos, it's almost impossible to get her in anything but a precarious, stand-up straight pose.

I have trouble with standing her, but for a different reason. The ankle joints. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the same style joints that are on the DX11 Joker. Am I right?

I much prefer the old fashioned ball joints. They make balancing so easy.

i hate it. :wink1:

does not compute

Anyone else's goggle slant when you flip them?

Mine do, they dont sit straight.

This is why my first pair broke. They were askew and I was trying to straighten them. Snap.

So, I finally took the gun out of the box, and as I did, a spring fell on the table. I was able to figure out where it goes, but it appears that I am missing something here:

IMG_6318.jpg

There is nothing holding the barrel on and keeping the whole thing from falling apart.

IMG_6323.jpg

I thoroughly searched the box for the missing piece, and I got on my hands and knees and searched the carpet. Nothing.

Anyone? ?

Alrighty, soooo... I cut her hair and it turned out great! :yess:

I've got a few (horrible iPhone) images to record a bit of the process.

I can tell you that the hair will not fray or "pyramid" out if it's cut, I knew this right after I took her out of the box; the hair is EXTREMELY fine and good quality. It's probably 1/2 thickness of human hair.

I knew before I cut it that I would want to pull it back, so instead of using the goggles, I just used a rubber band - something I could cut off after I'm finished.

13z92rb.jpg

Step two; wet the hair, only slightly (it doesn't need to be soaking), and pinch it together.

2hd44cx.jpg

Pinching it in the back helps you cut it at an angle, so that it's not thick at the bottom; Hot Toys actually has it cut like this as well.

1547p10.jpg

From here, I spent the next 30min refining; the next image is completely dry.

6916oy.jpg

My reference:

fullcatwomancostume6.jpg

After I got her on the Batpod (that was ****ing horrible, like the worst thing ever oh-my-god :gah:) I added a bit of water wax to smooth the top and tied a rubber band around her neck/hair - that makes it a lot easier to put on the goggles!

Once the goggles were on, I tousled the back of her hair with some more water wax. I was trying to give her hair a wind-swept look, and I really liked the outcome; a little wax goes a long way.

2eoi3jo.jpg

5x2zow.jpg

11779g0.jpg

I have a 2nd Selina coming in on the 25th, and I'll be doing the same thing, except she'll be standing.

Last edited:
it was the wife. i just couldn't her. and by the time she was gone it was just too late.

Lori? She was an irritating character, but I still cared about her. And when Rick broke down at her death it was one of the most real and visceral things I have ever seen on TV.

That happened to me too but I don't think wer missing anything. I put it back together and seems to hold well

But shouldn't there be a hammer there or something?

Anyone have a clear picture of the back of the gun? This can't be right:

IMG_6318.jpg

From here, I spent the next 30min refining; the next two images are completely dry.

6916oy.jpg

My reference:

fullcatwomancostume6.jpg

:clap

Nice work! And good job tapering the hair!

She looks great on the pod there. Also, what is this "water wax"?

Last edited:
She can stand up straight, just takes work and futzing with the boots, all my shots were her standing straight without the use of a stand. :lecture

Is she standing on all four points (toes on both feet, stilettos on both feet)? If not, a bit of rocking can cause such an unstable tripod configuration to fall quite easily...

I have trouble with standing her, but for a different reason. The ankle joints. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the same style joints that are on the DX11 Joker. Am I right?

I much prefer the old fashioned ball joints. They make balancing so easy.

Not sure, since I didn't take the boots off, but they definitely feel different from the standard Hot Toys ball-and-socket joints (not as much range of motion).

Is she standing on all four points (toes on both feet, stilettos on both feet)? If not, a bit of rocking can cause such an unstable tripod configuration to fall quite easily...

Yeah, everything is solid

Not sure, since I didn't take the boots off, but they definitely feel different from the standard Hot Toys ball-and-socket joints (not as much range of motion).

If you have the HT's babydoll I can tell you they are exactly like the BD foot pegs

But shouldn't there be a hammer there or something?

Anyone have a clear picture of the back of the gun? This can't be right:

IMG_6318.jpg

Mine's fine Mags, Slides back and locks fine, It's exactly the same pistol as the IM2 Widow, I compared, no trigger on either pistols like the Avengers Widow :lecture

2eoi3jo.jpg

My one problem is that her knees barely go into the rests, and that bugs the hell out of me!

Everything else did end up fitting correctly on the Batpod.

Back