1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice picture :clap

i just got selina and looks awesome so sad i missed batpod was there in sideshow for ages but i never click the buy buttom :slap

Alrighty, soooo... I cut her hair and it turned out great! :yess:

I've got a few (horrible iPhone) images to record a bit of the process.

I can tell you that the hair will not fray or "pyramid" out if it's cut, I knew this right after I took her out of the box; the hair is EXTREMELY fine and good quality. It's probably 1/2 thickness of human hair.

I knew before I cut it that I would want to pull it back, so instead of using the goggles, I just used a rubber band - something I could cut off after I'm finished.

13z92rb.jpg

Step two; wet the hair, only slightly (it doesn't need to be soaking), and pinch it together.

2hd44cx.jpg

Pinching it in the back helps you cut it at an angle, so that it's not thick at the bottom; Hot Toys actually has it cut like this as well.

1547p10.jpg

From here, I spent the next 30min refining; the next image is completely dry.

6916oy.jpg

My reference:

fullcatwomancostume6.jpg

After I got her on the Batpod (that was ****ing horrible, like the worst thing ever oh-my-god :gah:) I added a bit of water wax to smooth the top and tied a rubber band around her neck/hair - that makes it a lot easier to put on the goggles!

Once the goggles were on, I tousled the back of her hair with some more water wax. I was trying to give her hair a wind-swept look, and I really liked the outcome; a little wax goes a long way.

2eoi3jo.jpg

5x2zow.jpg

11779g0.jpg

I have a 2nd Selina coming in on the 25th, and I'll be doing the same thing, except she'll be standing.

Can you take a pic of her with the goggles flipped up, that's the look I'm going to keep mine at, and how does your experiment look with the hair over the shoulders, because I'm going for that look as well.

I just looked at the gun as well. There is nothing at the back.

As I was holding the figure, I decided to put it on the BatPod. I think this is where it will stay.

If you have the HT's babydoll I can tell you they are exactly like the BD foot pegs

I absolutely despise these joints.

Despise.

Mine's fine Mags, Slides back and locks fine, It's exactly the same pistol as the IM2 Widow, I compared, no trigger on either pistols like the Avengers Widow :lecture

Not sure.

9akp.jpg

Thanks guys.

Wonder why the barrel on mine slides right off the front of the gun with almost no resistance.

There's no hammer or trigger on the pistol :lecture

Well, no hammer, but it does have a trigger.

I absolutely despise these joints.

Despise.

Thanks guys.

Wonder why the barrel on mine slides right off the front of the gun with almost no resistance.

Well, no hammer, but it does have a trigger.

That's why I think yours might have a spring or coil problem, mine slides back and forth without coming apart

Do you have more information? I'd like to build an extra Selina Kyle custom, and I'm sure buying an Avengers Black Widow just for the body isn't going to be very cost effective...

No don't buy a Avengers widow body, the foot pegs do not fit anything but the widow's boots. If you want to do a Selina custom with different shoes, you have to use a Selina body. They are not cheap by any means it's the only way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...5968?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232e27a710

Phicens and other female bodies won't work with the HT's sculpt because the skin is different shade and the neck post won't fit properly.

Last edited:
nice picture :clap

i just got selina and looks awesome so sad i missed batpod was there in sideshow for ages but i never click the buy buttom :slap

Thanks!

I waited forever to pick it up, I'm glad I got it.

Can you take a pic of her with the goggles flipped up, that's the look I'm going to keep mine at, and how does your experiment look with the hair over the shoulders, because I'm going for that look as well.

I definitely will when I get my 2nd one next week, but I've got her hair and body perfect now; I just can't mess with it!! :thud: :lol

I can tell you the hair looked really good over the shoulders, basically just like it did on film.

The haircut looks great!

Thanks!

I waited forever to pick it up, I'm glad I got it.

I definitely will when I get my 2nd one next week, but I've got her hair and body perfect now; I just can't mess with it!! :thud: :lol

I can tell you the hair looked really good over the shoulders, basically just like it did on film.

Guess I'll have to try it myself then, how short do you have to cut her hair, it's hard to tell :dunno

Back