Modified DX joker head... How bout a magic trick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforigno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright guys I was not happy with my previous attempt at adding hair to the police joker head. Here is my second attempt at adding hair and with added pressure of modifying the DX joker head and keeping the PERS intact.

BEFORE:
IMG_1121.jpg

AFTER REPAINT:
IMG_1130.jpg

AND AFTER HAIR:
IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

best hair mod i've ever seen, altho something looks a little bit odd at the roots, but i'm not sure what....

other wise great job!

MAn Lance, I'm going to put you to work!!!
GREAT JOB!! surprised me

Thanks alot guys, I knew I was going to do a much better job than my first attempt. Since I have posted pics I have put him on a body and trimmed up his hair a tad more along with style his hair and it even looks better.

As for selling packs of dyed hair I may be able to work something out.

Thats actually the best hair mod I've seen so far. Most others look terrible. Especially from the back, it looks great. Not that people will be looking at the back, but still. Looks great :rock

First hair mod I've seen that I actually like :lol

If you toned it down a little, it would be incredible.
I would love to see that hair on the existing DX02 joker head.

Well done!

Hair looks great except the front at the scalp. Looks weird and sloppy there. Much better than your first attempt. I just REALLY despise that repaint and I have no idea why you felt the need to do that. The DX paint job is superb as is. So that's still a head scratcher for me.

Hair looks great except the front at the scalp. Looks weird and sloppy there. Much better than your first attempt. I just REALLY despise that repaint and I have no idea why you felt the need to do that. The DX paint job is superb as is. So that's still a head scratcher for me.

I respect your opinion, the hair above is not styled or cut. It has since been both styled and cut and looks much better.

On the DX paint, honestly I cannot stand the DX factory paint. You do not have to like mine and I can take criticism or else I would not post on the boards, but I honestly like mine better than the DX factory paint. It is much better in person as intothevoid owns one of my repaints and he can vouch for them.

Not bad at all, lforigno! I am really stunned at your hair apps. I have a few in progress myself, but your thickness is super. Again, a lot of what you are battling is scale at the scalp line. Not many ways around that one. But still, your use of the hair, dying and shaping are superb. Your paint is better too. I too dislike the DX paint. Kudos on that. It's some hard stuff to do. I know.

Not bad at all, lforigno! I am really stunned at your hair apps. I have a few in progress myself, but your thickness is super. Again, a lot of what you are battling is scale at the scalp line. Not many ways around that one. But still, your use of the hair, dying and shaping are superb. Your paint is better too. I too dislike the DX paint. Kudos on that. It's some hard stuff to do. I know.

thanks allot Les I really appreciate that man. I cant wait to see your in progress stuff.

Yupp I own an Lforigno Mob scene repaint DX head - is stellar in person, far better than the factory job - but man, that hair, insane!!

I too dislike the DX paint. Kudos on that. It's some hard stuff to do. I know.

I still think the Bank Robber paint is better than the DX. Don't get me wrong though, the DX is nice but there's something odd about it like someone with too many freckles but white.

The DX just looks far too gritty and/or pitted.

Looks mad man, i liked it better before the cutting. If you could just get it that tiny bit curly/wavier, darker and more greased, would be perfect. Great job dude

I too usually hate rooted hair. This isn't the first I've liked, but one of the few. The hairline, as said, is spotty but everything else is simply wow.

thanks alot guys.....it is actually alot longer than the pictures show. I just fixed the hairline a bit so they look alot better now and also fixed the fair so it looks longer.

Back