MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone body swap theirs? If so, which body did you use?

I used a narrow shoulder type with separate neck, but the process wasn't simple.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/mondo-the-thing.243057/page-53#post-11092383

529620-IMG-3590-Mondo-MacReady-on-narrow-shoulder.JPG

529622-IMG-3592-Mondo-MacReady-on-narrow-shoulder.JPG

529624-IMG-3594-Mondo-MacReady-on-narrow-shoulder.JPG

Waiting on mine, still says in China, but clearance in Ohio.

I use DHL all the time for Japanese imports and its always been my favorite shipper, this would be the first time its taken this long...

So many of these trapped in an Ohio “Clearance Event” waiting for DHL to pull out their thumbs from their bums.

This is getting a little annoying now. I really not liking DHL at all

Yeah - that's what I've been getting EVERY day (at least 2 emails per day) for 5 days.

THEN, this-morning - I got 5 emails with various versions of "cleared customs" / "will be delivered today" etc. etc.

I was quite enthused, until they sent a photo of the contents . . . I think they may have shipped the wrong item :unsure:

1724178315500.png
.​

K - mine arrived 2hrs ago - slow opening because the awesome pics & vids from everyone let me see what I was getting.

Well - THAT, plus I was mixing up a salad for later, and as my SON commented - I put all sorts of THINGS in my salads
09_-_Bolt.gif

Outer box was severely dinged & torn, but the inner boxes were undamaged. The figure and accessories appear to be intact, undamaged, and well QC'd. Outfit is (as we all know) in need of some serious weathering & stretching, and I concur with everyone else that the real letdowns are the jacket, and the body they chose (those dumb arms combined with the worst articulation/poseability of any 1:6 figure I own . . . well . . . to be fair . . . excluding the statues :naughty ).

Overall, considering I didn't have to pay taxes or import duties, and given shipping was included, I'm happy with this for the price.

Still don't know what they were smoking when they chose this body though - but it's probably illegal even in Vancouver! :slap

Doesn't mean there won't be another.... Mondo like to do variants

I hope so.

But with these being prototypes from years back, and compared to what Mondo gave us, I wouldn't hold out hope. :(

I dunno, there is less Kurt Russel in them, kinda sad we didn't get a hat wearing sculpt but otherwise happy with the revised sculpts we got

While the trial sculpts have a cartoon quality, I think they captured Kurt's eyes better, and there's more life in the expressions. I'd take them over the daydreaming or shocked versions we got.

In my opinion the sculpts are one of the strongest parts of this figure, they are a bit on the soft side but the likeness is very good, the thing bringing it down is the paint.

Mondo managed to capture this expression very well, from the hair, to the eyes, the groove on the nose, the mouth.
1724244426349.png

Here's my poor attempt at trying to get a good picture of the sculpt with my crappy phone camera. It's pretty much a perfect representation of the shot above. A professional repaint would really make it shine.
1724244397975.jpeg

However I really don't care for the frosty sculpt, it's such a waste of a second sculpt. They should've gone for a sculpt with googles and hat as seen in those test sculpts by Jrahmier.
1724244769099.png

Back