MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard back from Mondo support.

The figure is indeed being returned to China due to a “customs issue” and they’ll let me know when there is a “new shipping timeline” once the issue is resolved.

They offered a full refund or a $25 discount code for the inconvenience and wait. Le sigh
I’m sure this is a headache for Mondo as well. Hopefully it gets resolved for this Thing and future products.

"Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for the delay. We have received confirmation that this item is being returned due to a customs issue. We're actively working with DHL and our shipping team to get this resolved. We will reach back out with a new shipping timeline as soon as possible. We'd like to offer you a discount code for $25.00 for the inconvenience. Or, if you would prefer a full refund, please let us know and we'll be happy to help." Same here, just got it.

View attachment 723943

- Body swap to AT020 Pro
- Head is the frosted sculpt that I used for some mod tests, ended up repainting and adding lighter shades of brown, also hit the hair and face with some dull coat to take some of the toyish shine off, re-glosssed the eyes but I kinda dig it with the sunglasses on.
- Dark wash to the flamethrower and straps, and cut down the S2 Mando flamethrower effect to replace the heavy lump in the box.
- Soaked the jacket, pulled/manipulated the material around the arms in a bent position and left it overnight; sits a bit better now on the shoulders even with the added layers, and it added some natural creasing.
- Cheapest hoodie, boots and glasses I could find off eBay or that were already lying around
The Thing you have done to improve Mac my friend....impressive work and skill. The WorldBox AT020 Pro is a quality body, I have used a number for my Western figures.

Personally I wouldn't bother. I've tried both and after futzing Mondo's looks better and is more accurate.

DID's isn't even "genuine" leather. It's bonded leather, which became apparent when the double sided tape I used for the fur collar pulled off a tiny patch of the surface and revealed the synthetic backing the bits of bonded leather had been glued to.

DID do make some jackets and pieces from actual sheets of leather, but this jacket wasn't one of them.

They lie in their spec lists because it helps selling their product in humid places like China.
Yeah after seeing your results with the Mondo coat I'm realizing I didn't really need the DID one.

I saw someone on FB using the Redman Maverick coat, which might be another possibility for people. It's got the fur collar and smaller pockets, but probably uses an even cheaper pleather....

FB_IMG_1724974364134.jpg

The Thing you have done to improve Mac my friend....impressive work and skill. The WorldBox AT020 Pro is a quality body, I have used a number for my Western figures.

Thank you, my friend. Fun to share and see everyone’s progress, chasing this odd Thing of ours. Excited to see your boots!

Thank you, my friend. Fun to share and see everyone’s progress, chasing this odd Thing of ours. Excited to see your boots!
Yea the thing is, taking all into account the figure has generated lots of conversation and that is what this forum is about.

I have not yet opened the box, I even convinced myself to part with it, but I am being drawn in from what others like you have achieved.

I enquired with Gee Whiz out of curiosity, they want 600 USD + shipping for the clothing set, less for 10 orders or more. I may remove the jacket, use the AT20 Pro and pursue the boots.

I heard back from Mondo support.

The figure is indeed being returned to China due to a “customs issue” and they’ll let me know when there is a “new shipping timeline” once the issue is resolved.

They offered a full refund or a $25 discount code for the inconvenience and wait. Le sigh
I’m sure this is a headache for Mondo as well. Hopefully it gets resolved for this Thing and future products.
interesting. Have not heard back from them all of a sudden. The coupon would of been nice for ordering NADA. I just want to know if we are going to get our figures or not?

"Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for the delay. We have received confirmation that this item is being returned due to a customs issue. We're actively working with DHL and our shipping team to get this resolved. We will reach back out with a new shipping timeline as soon as possible. We'd like to offer you a discount code for $25.00 for the inconvenience. Or, if you would prefer a full refund, please let us know and we'll be happy to help." Same here, just got it.
I took the full refund. I’m done with Mondo.

$25 is pretty generous partial refund..

Has anyone seen this from DHL before? I’ve received something from Japan through DHL before and it arrived less than a week.

Same. We’ll just wait here for a little while… see what happens.

I’m not angry so much as disappointed and frustrated. I was on the fence considering the high price and flaws but I decided to buy anyway since I love the movie so much. Now more waiting with no timetable. Ugh.

Nobody trusts anybody now and we’re all very tired.

Last edited:
Looks the business my friend.

Is there anyway of using the Mondo boots on the AT020 Pro body?

Thank you! The boot prong is very thin and designed to the weird stock body and not standard 1/6 pegs. If you pulled the full ankle peg out of the AT020 Pro, you can slide the boot prong in, but it’s not a stable joint since there’s a lot of gapping. Maybe with some tac? The other option would be to try and dremel out room in the boot to accommodate the AT020 peg. I do like the weathering on their boots, so it’s something I might explore, but for the time being I just wanted to get him on the shelf with what I had.

IMG_3229.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you! The boot prong is very thin and designed to the weird stock body and not standard 1/6 pegs. If you pulled the full ankle peg out of the AT020 Pro, you can slide the boot prong in, but it’s not a stable joint since there’s a lot of gapping. Maybe with some tac? The other option would be to try and dremel out room in the boot to accommodate the AT020 peg. I do like the weathering on their boots, so it’s something I might explore, but for the time being I just wanted to get him on the shelf with what I had.

View attachment 724115
Thank you my friend, please keep me posted, I may tread where you venture with the boots modifications.

Back