My DX JOker eyes are broken!...now what?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole buying from HT's is ridiculous... someone bought them from them to begin with, it's their product that's faulty, it doesn't make any difference where you got it from... they need replacement plans like best buy or something.

M.

I don't think it's ridiculous, who knows what modifications may/may not have been done to a figure set once it gets in the hands of Ebay flippers. Why should HT take the hit for a figure that was sold over a year ago, by lord knows who, cared for or displayed by lord knows how?

Would any other company in any industry issue replacement parts in this circumstance? Absolutely not.

Re-post..

You're going to have to remove the P.E.R.S. to see exactly what the problem is.. but it sounds like one of the eye joints are broken. Same thing happened to a guy over at ToyWorld. Hopefully these pics will help you out:

P.E.R.S. Removed:
sany1029.jpg

Broken Eye Joint:
sany1031.jpg

Fix = Tape/Sculpting Putty/Krazy Glue/Whatever Will Hold It Together:
sany1032.jpg

So that's the Do-it-yourself method.

:wave

Thanks a lot everyone for the replies. Thanks devil for the link. Now that I have done a bit of research, it seems like the right eye is the faulty one on everybody's broken PERS head. I think il try to convert the PERS system to the Enterbay moveable eyes system. I know that its fixable but I shouldnt have to fix it in the first place :( I guess it just disappoints me because it’s one of those issues that you read on the thread, you are aware of the issue, so you take extra precaution...yet it STILL happens to you. bummer!

Hi, still is possible to you to measure the diameter of the eye (size in mm)? I would like to sculpt heads in 1/6 scale but I don't know the size of sphere hot toys use. Thanks anyway.

Back