Mystique PF (not AH!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I originally put this up on Statue Forum, but figured I should post it here as well.)

My thoughts... Great work!

I am certainly glad that I got the exclusive edition. However, once I got Mystique unpacked, I really was not all that impressed with the belt. Honestly, I wish she was in a white dress.

I could certainly live with the belt, but as one other member has said, it take away from the sculpt, and hides too much skin. That and the rather large skull buckle looked out of place But now I do not have to worry about the belt. (All that bought this, TAKE NOTE) Even as I was thinking that she'd look better without the belt... IT FELL OFF!

Okay, so maybe something in the heavens was reading my mind and made it so (or I am a latent telekinetic), but in reality it wasn't held together all that well. There are two little pins that go through the back of the belt, through the overlap, and into the skull. It seems that the glue (if any) did not hold.

So, if you want to keep the belt on, do not move it around too much or you are likely to have it happen to you as well.

The pins that hold the belt together are tiny, so take care and try not to lose them. (I already had to go searching for one that fell out of the belt completely.)

Personally I think Mystique does look better without the belt. So it is staying in the box, along with the taped together pins.

To those of you who wondered if the shadowing on the belly, back, and in the cleavage was natural due to the lighting, or something painted on. The answer is that it is painted.

What is not readily noticeable from any of the photos I have seen is that her eyes are not solid yellow. Her eyes are white with solid yellow pupils, and the hint of an iris.

Her top appears to be a real ^^^^^^ to remove, if any of you are looking to customize her but still keep the original outfit. I will give you the greatest kudos to those that can do it (and not damage her hair in the process).

Now the pants are wide enough in the waist that they can be pulled down dangerously low on the hips. For any of you that want butt cleavage to match that from her breasts, you will be in luck. There will likely be cutting involved for any of you that are thinking of removing them.

All in all, I think that any of you that bought this are going to be very happy.

I know I am.

Here are a few quick pictures. Her painting is awsome and the different shades of blue really bring her to life; the pictures are washed out with the flash and do not do the paint job justice. Also, the detailing in her clothes is really nice, but I wouldn't try to remove them at all. The base is a nice gloss, but I struggled to get her foot peg in and chipped a bit. I gotta agree with Mysterybox that the belt is veryCHEAP and I can already see that it will break off the two pegs very easy. Sideshow dropped the ball with that EX. However, I think the belt actually makes her look better. The super low cut pants just look whorish and are just TOO low. I would have preferred the white dress, but maybe I will have my wife sew something together and see if it will fit. I will try to take more pictures tomorrow if others haven't. :D

Picture985.jpg

Picture986.jpg

Yeah that belt does look awkward and cheap. Regular versions will be had for cheap I presume. I would like to pull down her pants as well to solve that high water effect she has going on.

More pictures please.

this won't be hard to customize......the clothing, anyway!. The combat boots.....good luck and all the power to those...

I am not blown away by this PF.

Hell Boy II PF is the one I am looking forward to.

Indeed... HellBoy II is one PF I'm really looking foward to this year, even more so than the IM 1:1 (that hasn't shipped yet for UK buyers) but any day now, hopefully.)

Having said that, I've got absolutely nothing against a whoorish-looking Mystique so I'm glad to be getting the regular.

On a side note if you had to pick one, will it be Mystique, or Rogue?

Here are a few quick pictures. Her painting is awsome and the different shades of blue really bring her to life; the pictures are washed out with the flash and do not do the paint job justice. Also, the detailing in her clothes is really nice, but I wouldn't try to remove them at all. The base is a nice gloss, but I struggled to get her foot peg in and chipped a bit. I gotta agree with Mysterybox that the belt is veryCHEAP and I can already see that it will break off the two pegs very easy. Sideshow dropped the ball with that EX. However, I think the belt actually makes her look better. The super low cut pants just look whorish and are just TOO low. I would have preferred the white dress, but maybe I will have my wife sew something together and see if it will fit. I will try to take more pictures tomorrow if others haven't. :D

Picture985.jpg

Picture986.jpg

That's odd... I never noticed that wee skull on her forehead before... what's that? :confused:

And I certainly agree that the belt does look tacky...

Last edited:
I am a big sideshow fan and have a few pieces...but Ive never ordered through them. Whenever I need a sideshow statue I usually go through my LCBS. The guy charges me retail and messes with the price so I dont pay tax. I have this one coming from my LCBS guy.

Heres the deal, he called sideshow and put the order in for me they gave him a retail price of 249.99, but a wholesale price of 164 (cost him 164 dollars), so hell make a little under 100 for the statue. But he enquired on how he could order the exclusive with teh belt and they told him it would be 249.99 for him and 249.99 suggested retail plus he had to pay shipping.

I guess since its the exclusive its sideshows way of making their "retailer" own money. Anyway my real question is...for those that order exclusives through sideshow...how much is shipping for you, for say the PF mystique?

Here's my invoice for shipping from (presumably) Thousand Oaks, CA to San Diego, CA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
72041 PC 1 1 0 $249.99 $249.99
Mystique Excl Premium Format
------------
Sub Total: $249.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $12.62
Sales Tax: $18.12
------------
Invoice Total: $280.73

Last edited:
I am a big sideshow fan and have a few pieces...but Ive never ordered through them. Whenever I need a sideshow statue I usually go through my LCBS. The guy charges me retail and messes with the price so I dont pay tax. I have this one coming from my LCBS guy.

Heres the deal, he called sideshow and put the order in for me they gave him a retail price of 249.99, but a wholesale price of *******, so hell make a little under *** for the statue. But he enquired on how he could order the exclusive with teh belt and they told him it would be 249.99 for him and 249.99 suggested retail plus he had to pay shipping.

I guess since its the exclusive its sideshows way of making their "retailer" own money. Anyway my real question is...for those that order exclusives through sideshow...how much is shipping for you, for say the PF mystique?

Hmm, I will hold judgement on this statue until I see good pics. These flash photos look awful.

As for the quoted post. I don't think Dave or the SSC people like when you post the wholesale prices for pieces. I could be wrong.

now that i have seen pics with the belt, i don't think i will ever be displaying her with belt on. almost ready to cancel mine and get the reg off of ebay cheaper, but i will keep her coming since i've got other stuff coming at the same time to save on shipping and brokerage etc.

as for the lcs pricing, i have stated before on here that the retailers do not get any discount off of exclusive versions, unless they (ssc) happen to have a sht load of them left over. ie. my lcs had all of their hellboy samaritans up graded from reg to ex. versions, and they got their discounts on the ex versions also, but in all other stituations your lcs is going to have to pay the same price as you would from the website.

as for posting their cost on these statues, i don't think it's that big of deal, unless people get upset that someone is actually making money on these pieces:horror. after all that's the american way isn't it???

interesting though to see about a 33% discount, then take into account distributors are also another middle man. these pieces don't cost a whole hell of alot to begin with. my guess around $75:peace

if the mode aren't happy with me posting the cost I'll remove it. If anything of would encourage people to look into getting a wholesale liscense and start a statue/bust business.

if the mode aren't happy with me posting the cost I'll remove it. If anything of would encourage people to look into getting a wholesale liscense and start a statue/bust business.

Exclusives are for people who order directly from SSC, they aren't for dealers. A dealer will have to pay the same as everyone else if he orders the exclusive.

Exclusives are for people who order directly from SSC, they aren't for dealers. A dealer will have to pay the same as everyone else if he orders the exclusive.

Yeah i figured thats why they were "exclusives" doesnt hurt to ask though eh? ^_^. From what I hear the belt is fragile and not worth it anyway.

Wow... I just got mystique (she's my first collectible) and I must say she's incredible. Everything about her is awesome and pics on the computer don't do justice at all. It may be because she's my first piece but I am floored. I checked all over and she is flawless! Even the belt is sturdy (which is something I was worried about) I positioned the belt the way I wanted it and I think it looks great!

I can't find my camera at the moment but I'll try to post pics tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Now I see how this can become an obsession...

Oh by the way I got # 791/800 so I thought that was kinda cool.

Wow... I just got mystique (she's my first collectible) and I must say she's incredible. Everything about her is awesome and pics on the computer don't do justice at all. It may be because she's my first piece but I am floored. I checked all over and she is flawless! Even the belt is sturdy (which is something I was worried about) I positioned the belt the way I wanted it and I think it looks great!

I can't find my camera at the moment but I'll try to post pics tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Now I see how this can become an obsession...

Oh by the way I got # 791/800 so I thought that was kinda cool.

Great to hear dude. Now get some pics up!!!!

Back