Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

It was sad that nobody acknowledged Batman Forever's 20th anniversary last year. Then again, nobody really gave a damn about Begins' 10th either.

Like I've said before, I'd buy both Kilmers in figure form and that first red and green Robin. To me, those two are more visually appealing than an Arkham Batman and Arkham Robin. Hell, it's up there with the iconography of Adam West and Burd Ward. Only way I'd buy or want Clooney is if they did Kilmer, just so I could have all the actors as a completeness thing. NECA would do those costume designs justice. They're the only company I could see that would dabble with those kind of lines since cult licenses are their specialty.

Batman Returns felt the same way. I don't consider Returns to be some untouchable classic in the same vein as Batman '89 or The Dark Knight, but look, NECA took a chance and made two (maybe three) gorgeous figures. All the other tou companies like Mattel, Hot Toys, and DCC are playing it safe with their boring, modern movie choices. It'd be awesome to see a company branch out more with these decades old movies, especially when there aren't any modern collectibles of them being done.

Even if half of the movies suck, just imagining a shelf with West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale and Affleck would be awesome.

It was sad that nobody acknowledged Batman Forever's 20th anniversary last year. Then again, nobody really gave a damn about Begins' 10th either.

Like I've said before, I'd buy both Kilmers in figure form and that first red and green Robin. To me, those two are more visually appealing than an Arkham Batman and Arkham Robin. Hell, it's up there with the iconography of Adam West and Burd Ward. Only way I'd buy or want Clooney is if they did Kilmer, just so I could have all the actors as a completeness thing. NECA would do those costume designs justice. They're the only company I could see that would dabble with those kind of lines since cult licenses are their specialty.

Batman Returns felt the same way. I don't consider Returns to be some untouchable classic in the same vein as Batman '89 or The Dark Knight, but look, NECA took a chance and made two (maybe three) gorgeous figures. All the other tou companies like Mattel, Hot Toys, and DCC are playing it safe with their boring, modern movie choices. It'd be awesome to see a company branch out more with these decades old movies, especially when there aren't any modern collectibles of them being done.

Even if half of the movies suck, just imagining a shelf with West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale and Affleck would be awesome.
Well Mattel did release an 1/18 Forever Batmobile and Hallmark released an Forever Batmobile Christmas ornament that lights up last year as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hell I would get all 4 suits honestly.... Ppl can crap on Forever and Batman & robin all they wnat but there is far worse movies than these. besides being Batman it will sell no matter what.

View attachment 271327
View attachment 271332

View attachment 271330
View attachment 271331

I beg to differ. Batman will almost always sell no matter what, but both the Schumacher movies are widely disliked and made fun of, especially the infamous nipple suits. I love Neca's 1/4 figures more than any other line from any other company, and Batman is my favourite fictional character ever. But there's no way I would buy 1/4 figures from those films, unless I could get them dirt cheap.

For those of you who would buy them, that's alright (I'm not trying to diss you :p). I just think in the grand scheme of things, there wouldn't be enough demand for them from NECA. From a business point of view it's a waste of time.

In regards to the actual films, you're absolutely right saying there's worse out there. But they're still bad, and they were a huge slap in the face for many Batman fans. It stings even more considering they came after the spectacular Burton films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

Really? You'd rather have Forever Batman and Robin over Arkham? Suit yourself. :p

When it comes to the Arkhamverse, I'm open for them to do anything from the games. I love it more than any other Batman universe. It takes all the best of Batman's history, while keeping it original. Having voice actors like Conroy and Hamill just pushes it over the top for me.

NECA would have so many amazing characters and designs to choose from as well. Asylum/City Batmen, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Joker, Two face, Mister Freeze, Catwoman, Deathstroke, Scarecrow, etc. The list goes on and on. So much potential. I would much rather have a couple of those than anything from Batman Forever or Batman and Robin *shiver*. ;)

845297bef3371b64dc356c2406c6a450.jpg
df9f7e6342c520f9bdabbda751807615.jpg
ca2967432741147e7586b6cb61d01697.jpg
950483e1272d1a36af37d3153a505e02.jpg
f3ffa56b52dd9c28c906d197453b0b5d.jpg
ae9ff6494d8dd1bdd75ed3ba33336968.jpg
fb7c4b6578dd8e55ee04386fedefea4f.jpg
b9679308ae65c45a5cb7690bed5763e2.jpg
8ca4c3e82bf734f2b55a19ae7ee44856.jpg
d290bfa67cc29a2e97f018368dc1e1bb.jpg

I'd be all over a Hot Toys Mr.Freeze from Batman & Robin. Heck, I'd even get Batman, Robin & Batgirl in their suits from the end of the movie.

Schumacher killed the franchise till Nolan resurrected it. I would never buy a Clooney Bats, especially after the bat credit card scene.

I wouldn't buy him because I loved him as Batman, I would buy him to be a completist if they made the missing others.

That would be quite the display. :thud:

Forever didn't kill the Batman at the box office at the time it was Batman & Robin that killed it at that time in 1997. Even in the documentary Joel said he wanted to do an darker film. But the jerks at WB wanted to make Batman & Robin as if it were an kids toy commercial. And that's what we pretty much got... You can hate on it all you want but I like Batman Forever and honestly believe Batman Forever figures will come eventually. I mean what else are they gonna make once they are Done with Returns Batman,Asylum Batman and City Batman. Unless the Affleck changes mariorly between now and then I don't see them doing another Affleck Batman. So the only choices for year Batman's would be comics,animated series(I wish), or the Forever and Batman and Robin movies.... And the Panther suit is pretty damn popular. Hell they could make the suits with out nipples that would be fine with me.

Batman Forever is a fun and very re watchable film to me. While it has nothing on the Burton films, it has great production value and design and takes me back to the batmania of the release of each of those films. Good memories and even Batman & Robin takes me back to that more innocent time of comic book movies where they were each treated like a proper event. I like all the big screen versions of Batman for different reasons but those four films are still my favourite era of Batman films, flaws and all. I would be down for any action figures from all of them.

I mean what else are they gonna make once they are Done with Returns Batman,Asylum Batman and City Batman. Unless the Affleck changes mariorly between now and then I don't see them doing another Affleck Batman.

Moar Arnold figures.

Moar Arnold figures.
I'd love an Mr Freeze Arnold figure. Yeah the movie sucked big deal. So dig Genysis and they made figures of that. So if they can make figures from an crappy film like that or Alien Resurrection then I don't see any harm in making figures from Forever and Batman & Robin.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It's not in the UK but calendars.com has a good deal. I've pre-ordered from there as the price and shipping cost to Australia is extremely low. Listed for $99.99 but you can get $20 off by using the code ACCESS20. Shipping was only $7 per item too.

I also ordered the recent Iron Man release from them and it arrived last week in 14 days. Packaged in a solid outer box. Might be worth checking that they ship to the UK. It was the best deal anywhere for me so might be for you too.

https://www.calendars.com/catalog/product.jsp?navCount=1&productId=prod201600023271

I thought the days of getting big discounts off of NECA's 1/4 scale Batman figures were behind us since it says "Excluded from Discounts and Promotions" on every 1/4 scale product page, but after seeing your post I thought I'd give that ACCESS20 code a shot on the Batman Begins figure. Sure enough, it worked and I also got free shipping! My total will be around $74 after eBates.

Thanks a lot!

I thought the days of getting big discounts off of NECA's 1/4 scale Batman figures were behind us since it says "Excluded from Discounts and Promotions" on every 1/4 scale product page, but after seeing your post I thought I'd give that ACCESS20 code a shot on the Batman Begins figure. Sure enough, it worked and I also got free shipping! My total will be around $74 after eBates.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah im waiting for calendars to get theirs in but sadly I think this is the last neca figure they will carry.

Schumacher killed the franchise till Nolan resurrected it. I would never buy a Clooney Bats, especially after the bat credit card scene.

Amen to that. As far as I'm concerned after Keaton there wasn't another Batman until Bale.

Say what you say but I love my Batman Forever items that I have...

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

Really? You'd rather have Forever Batman and Robin over Arkham? Suit yourself. :p

When it comes to the Arkhamverse, I'm open for them to do anything from the games. I love it more than any other Batman universe. It takes all the best of Batman's history, while keeping it original. Having voice actors like Conroy and Hamill just pushes it over the top for me.

NECA would have so many amazing characters and designs to choose from as well. Asylum/City Batmen, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Joker, Two face, Mister Freeze, Catwoman, Deathstroke, Scarecrow, etc. The list goes on and on. So much potential. I would much rather have a couple of those than anything from Batman Forever.

Hooded, baldy Robin looks awful to me. The character was lame in the game too, especially the end of Arkham Knight where Batgirl and him hookup or get married or whatever. I like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, but there are enough collectibles for those. DCC has it completely covered.

I'd much rather see NECA tackle this,

image.jpeg

Instead of this,

image.jpeg

Every company from DCC to Mattel to Prime 1 studios is doing Arkham crap. There's tons to choose from. Nobody is doing Batman Forever.

Hooded, baldy Robin looks awful to me. The character was lame in the game too, especially the end of Arkham Knight where Batgirl and him hookup or get married or whatever. I like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, but there are enough collectibles for those. DCC has it completely covered.

I'd much rather see NECA tackle this,

View attachment 271585

Instead of this,

View attachment 271586

Every company from DCC to Mattel to Prime 1 studios is doing Arkham crap. There's tons to choose from. Nobody is doing Batman Forever.

I think there's a good reason why nobody will do anything from Batman Forever. :p

I'd be game for any Pre-Nolan/DCEU Batman figure at this rate!

Back