NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Neca should do high end Imo.This is where the market is.

To be fair in all of this arguing, we have not seen the 18 inch Predator yet. All we've seen is the 2 up proto at Toy Fair and the 8 inch classic production piece.

Even Kyle is waiting for the first look at the Prototype in a finished state.

All we can really guess about how this thing will look right now is the sculpt quality.

On the other hand, there's no reason to go mental about not having pics yet, don't order it until we see the actual thing or preorder somewhere without cancellation fees.

This situation is being blown way out of proportion and needs to settle on all sides.

My vision is 20/20 and if you bothered to take in what I originally said you would have understood the meaning and not quoted a tiny bit of it so you can bang on about me being some stupid troll. You must be a ____ [email protected] or some stupid kid thats been caught up in the hype before you have even seen what you are being promised. And you want to believe some fairytale from a guy claiming to be the sculptor but he hasnt even shown us some detailed photos which im sure he must of taken of his sculpt. Why even bother announcing the predator and taking preorders if you havent even given the fans something more than a cheesy shopped photo.

Dude, do you even read what we post here? :slap

I already told I know Kyle personally and I know he is the guy who posts here and on other boards.

I, and others, have already told you that it is common for manufacturers to show photos of their prototypes and start taking pre-orders based on those.

And lastly, WTF is your problem?
If you don't want to pre-order a product based solely on the photos of the prototype, don't ____ing do it!
Wait for the inevitable in-hand photos to start popping up in April/May and make your decision.

Otherwise, GTFO and stop trolling in this thread.

We're going to put more into our proto than HT did. HT was smart though because they didn't use as much color as we did but they knew how to make it look great with less. For example on the armor they used only two colors but still it looks great. I'm thinking on our 18inch figure that we should ditch the bast marks. Those never look great even on the CM. We're going to add more color to the head and it should look really great. It will be easier for China production to make this big guy look nice. We're hoping for the best and the good news we're not rushed to make a deadline like we did with the Predators figures for example.

:pray:
If you have to lose the blast-marks in order to achieve better results please do so, I totally agree that blast marks NEVER look good when painted on. They take time to achieve pleasing results and a factory paint app just won't do them justice in my opinion.

This figure will be a high end collectible in my opinion. Just because it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars and doesn't use polystone doesn't mean it won't blow most predator collectibles out of the water. High end usually simply means a higher price-tag and while they generally look better than so-called low end collectibles this is not always the case.

So called high end collectibles aren't always that great, for example the Sideshow P1 1/1 bust (i sold) looks good and all but the paintjob could have been allot better. My favorite predator collectible is still the P1 predator diorama and my hope is this NECA giant will top it.

If he is who he says he is he could post some more prototype photos of his work so we can get a better idea of whats to come and surely he would have some photos of his own work.

He has a website with his other works some of the others here can post a link, I don't have it available at the moment, and as far as the NECA products, he can't share anything other than NECA official images. Sculptors doing corporate work can't publicly show what they're working on unless the company authorizes it. The products have to be approved by the license holder so often things are not ahown without full approval or when it's down to small tweaks and the images will say pending approval. NECA solicits orders with top hquality prototype phots and usually updates their site with production photos once they know what the shipped product will look like.

So called high end collectibles aren't always that great, for example the Sideshow P1 1/1 bust (i sold) looks good and all but the paintjob could have been allot better. My favorite predator collectible is still the P1 predator diorama and my hope is this NECA giant will top it.

The 1:1 bust is arguably the best P1 collectible available, it's one piece I will never sell. It's a SWS from-the-molds piece, you can't get much better than that. Sucks you got a bad paint job, i've seen a bunch the were faded and didn't look so hot.

I've warned this thread not to behave this way.

Thread closed for 24 hours so people can calm down and clean their acts up, if this all persists it'll lead to permanent closing.

theres still only one picture released of the proto from Neca?

The samples just showed up this week, enjoy!!! Check out the open right hand. The whole thing is beautiful.

I'd pay $70 for the figure as is, I know I paid more than that for a 1/6 scale Belikin (sp?) model many moons ago.

14269d1291239161-1-4th-scale-classic-predator-new-progress-images-1predbigprg2.jpg

14268d1291239161-1-4th-scale-classic-predator-new-progress-images-1predbigprg1.jpg

WOW....that first picture....WOW..can't wait to see paint on it!

Last edited:

The samples just showed up this week, enjoy!!! Check out the open right hand. The whole thing is beautiful.

I'd pay $70 for the figure as is, I know I paid more than that for a 1/6 scale Belikin (sp?) model many moons ago.

14269d1291239161-1-4th-scale-classic-predator-new-progress-images-1predbigprg2.jpg

14268d1291239161-1-4th-scale-classic-predator-new-progress-images-1predbigprg1.jpg

:horror :rock :rock :rock

That looks AMAZING!!!!

Dude, do you even read what we post here? :slap

I already told I know Kyle personally and I know he is the guy who posts here and on other boards.

I, and others, have already told you that it is common for manufacturers to show photos of their prototypes and start taking pre-orders based on those.

And lastly, WTF is your problem?
If you don't want to pre-order a product based solely on the photos of the prototype, don't ____ing do it!
Wait for the inevitable in-hand photos to start popping up in April/May and make your decision.

Otherwise, GTFO and stop trolling in this thread.

Like I was going to say before all the troll dip____s chimed in for trollfest 2010 and got the thread locked. I can read and write just fine and I have taken in what you say but I just think it smells of bull____. Like I said the www is full of nuts posing as other celebs etc and Im supposed to take a few peoples word as gospel without a single shred of evidence? Who are you that I should take your word. If he is who he says he is he could post some more prototype photos of his work so we can get a better idea of whats to come and surely he would have some photos of his own work. Read the ____ing message I wrote before you comment about what I think dude because youre saying Im not listening when you definitely arent. this is a great opportunity to get a brilliant product and all you want to do is lap it up like some over eager neca junky looking for a fix of anything you can get. Why bother announcing something and taking preorders when all weve seen is a single crappy shopped photo from neca. Ive never seen another company make a big announcement without putting up at leas a few photos first. I know neca and this is probably going to be another example of them blaming the new factory if things dont turn out right but they will do nothing to really change it when they could have. Of course Ill wait till the final product comes out and even if it isnt as good Ill still buy at least one to customize. thats still not going to stop me from voicing my opinions so if you don't like it that just too bad for you. It doesn't give you the right to get all defensive and moronic with me because I do. We need more photos to make sure this thing is done right before this thing gets made and we have to a lot of unnecessary work to make something better that could be brilliant to start with. but I guess youre just one of those blind necas fans that want to kiss arse and dosent really care what we get so lets just wait and see the final product before we start heaping praise on neca.

Yeah this thing is already looking sloppy and we havent even seen the painted version yet. I hope they remove the sculpted netting thats under the the real netting or this is going to look stupid and make it real hard to paint and customize. And whats up with the netting because it doesnt look anything like the movie netting and its probably going to have to be cut off to do any painting that might need doing. With all the hype I thought they might have given us some new method of leg articulation as well because the roaring come and eat me pose is going to get boring over time and it would be nice to be able to do more than just twist the legs a bit either way without it affecting the balance and ability to stand in only a set position like all the previous stuff. It could be totally epic but I bet they wont listen and ____ it up and blame everything on the new factory. Same old ____.

Yeah this thing is already looking sloppy and we havent even seen the painted version yet. I hope they remove the sculpted netting thats under the the real netting or this is going to look stupid and make it real hard to paint and customize. And whats up with the netting because it doesnt look anything like the movie netting and its probably going to have to be cut off to do any painting that might need doing. With all the hype I thought they might have given us some new method of leg articulation as well because the roaring come and eat me pose is going to get boring over time and it would be nice to be able to do more than just twist the legs a bit either way without it affecting the balance and ability to stand in only a set position like all the previous stuff. It could be totally epic but I bet they wont listen and ____ it up and blame everything on the new factory. Same old ____.

Open your freakin' eyes..look at the left arm, at the elbow, you'll see that netting isn't sculpted, but that's white/translucent net on his body. It's added, NOT sculpted.

And dude, just chill off a bit, you can criticize without the the hostile attitude and act!

Also, MaulFan already told you tankman/Kyle has his own site where you could see his sculpts. I don't know the address, but I'm sure somebody could post the link to make you shut up about that for a bit.

I know you meant paint, but pain made me laugh.:lol
hehehe, yeah....made me laugh as well now that you pointed it out...I've fixed the typo now ;)

Back