NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

i'd rather pay 100$ for a NECA large scale than 400$ for a 1:6 hot toys figure (i'm not a HUGE HT fan and only buy a few things from them cause i can't afford to get a full line up thanks to their insane pricing, HT is not a collector wallet friendly company)
neca's 1/4 scale p1 (and their smaller counterpart) is more "accurate" than HT, for HALF THE PRICE as previously stated. i feel, whether or not it comes with all three heads (or extra hands) or not, we're finally getting the P1 we deserve, slightly (and i do mean slightly) less articulated, but spot on compared to HT.
yes they are. i can afford them and i'm a collector. they're not a wage slave wallet-friendly company. because that's not the market they cater to. that's what NECA is for.

Look, this is the last warning before this thread is permanently locked.

There is no one guilty party here. EVERYONE needs to be respectful to one another.

Whether people like it or not, this is a public forum where members are free to share their thoughts, provided they do so within the rules of the site. No matter how annoying you may find someone who posts here, if they're not breaking rules, it isn't your right to get on their case about it. This site has an ignore feature to avoid seeing posts from people you don't like to hear from, you can also just ignore what's being said and go about your business.

Enough with the post how I want you to post or get out of my thread stuff, no one owns these threads, people aren't always going to say stuff you want to hear, it's not that hard to ignore things.

MF, I respect your decisions, but I can't say I share your views on this one.
I feel Fortnox has been very aggressive and has made little to no constructive contributions to this thread. In fact, all he's done is question and attack not only long-standing members of the forum, but also questioned a NECA rep and sculptor who comes to share his work and love of collectibles with us.

That's my last 2 cents on the discussion, I'm going back to enjoying what IMO is set to be one of the best, if not the best, figure of the predator we all know and love.

Back to the regular discussion.
So does anybody have any intel on the netting?
It seems there's two different approaches: in the blue colored figure it looks like the real netting goes all the way down into the gauntlet, whereas in the white figure it stops at the elbow articulation and seems to be sculpted below it.

Can't wait to see this one all painted up!

I feel Fortnox has been very aggressive and has made little to no constructive contributions to this thread. In fact, all he's done is question and attack not only long-standing members of the forum, but also questioned a NECA rep and sculptor who comes to share his work and love of collectibles with us.

That's my last 2 cents on the discussion, I'm going back to enjoying what IMO is set to be one of the best, if not the best, figure of the predator we all know and love.

Back to the regular discussion.
So does anybody have any intel on the netting?
It seems there's two different approaches: in the blue colored figure it looks like the real netting goes all the way down into the gauntlet, whereas in the white figure it stops at the elbow articulation and seems to be sculpted below it.

Can't wait to see this one all painted up!

Agreed, and so stoked for this one.

I feel Fortnox has been very aggressive and has made little to no constructive contributions to this thread. In fact, all he's done is question and attack not only long-standing members of the forum, but also questioned a NECA rep and sculptor who comes to share his work and love of collectibles with us...

Definately agreed.

And I'm totally stoked for EVERY version of this figure.

I've preordered all 3.

and People must realize that they can buy TWO different original Predator for the price of only one Hot Toys figure. And this one is 10 times cooler than any HT Predator fig in my book.
Besides this figure obviously is costing a ALOT to produce, so I understand having 3 different versions.
It's the original Predator the way I've always wanted and now is here. No complaints here.

The price difference is obvious, but its not obvious to me that people must realize and agree with what you believe and feel. :duff

You've got the Hot Toys Predator, as well? Congrats! It truly is all that you say and more :D

I bought HT P1 not long ago, and its cost a lot, but I'm loving it.
And I have placed order for these 1/4 (2 versions) two days ago, and I'm happy with it too.
I don't know why people need to criticize HT P1 so much here when they want to buy these 1/4. If you want to buy it, just go ahead, end of case.
Frankly, when Neca released the news of 1/4, I was in mixed feeling, as I just bought HT P1:lol.
However, when I look at my collection, with 1/6 Billy, Royce and Berserker in the lineup, this HT P1 is a must have for me. :)
As a predator movie lover especially 1987 edition, I think these 1/4 are a good addition to my collection.
For me, these 1/4 and 1/6 are in different range, HT P1 is the best available in 1/6 and Neca might be the best available in 1/4, I also have those Neca 8 inch series 1 and 2, they are best in their category.
Happy collecting. :clap

The 1:1 bust is arguably the best P1 collectible available, it's one piece I will never sell. It's a SWS from-the-molds piece, you can't get much better than that. Sucks you got a bad paint job, i've seen a bunch the were faded and didn't look so hot.

True, it is an awesome and amazing collectible but it didnt get the paintjob it deserved (on mine atleast).

Ok, great! Was thinking about picking up ONE 1:4 neca pred 1. Now, after reading the last 3 pages, I'll have to buy all 3 and the elder if it comes out!

Arrrrrrgh!

Hate you guys :lol

*edit* ordered all 3 :D

now to pray the paint apps on this will do justice to the magnificent sculpt.

Last edited:

Ok, great! Was thinking about picking up ONE 1:4 neca pred 1. Now, after reading the last 3 pages, I'll have to buy all 3 and the elder if it comes out!

Arrrrrrgh!

Hate you guys :lol

*edit* ordered all 3 :D

now to pray the paint apps on this will do justice to the magnificent sculpt.

LOL i was the same, i was going to order just 2(masked and open mouth) but i ended up buying all 3.
my friend who isnt even a collector was the same too! he was umming and arring about which one he wanted, couldnt decide so he chose 2(masked and open mouth)...then he said "____ it, pre-order me all 3!" LOL
it seems thats whats happening a lot.

sp which version would most people opt for if they have to choose between the 3?

Im only picking up one (with so many good stuffs hitting up next year like HT supes, spidey etc) , the bio version.

I'm just going with the open mouth. It'd be nice to have all 3 heads, but I only want 1 full figure and the other 2 heads aren't worth $80 each to me, I'll be happy enough with the roaring look, that's the head I'd use most anyway. I actually don't care much for the closed mout, though I appreciate the sculpt work, bio and roaring are the looks I like and the Sideshow dio is the perfect setup for a bio Predator in the display, HT and NECA will look best roaring.

I bought HT P1 not long ago, and its cost a lot, but I'm loving it.
And I have placed order for these 1/4 (2 versions) two days ago, and I'm happy with it too.
I don't know why people need to criticize HT P1 so much here when they want to buy these 1/4. If you want to buy it, just go ahead, end of case.
Frankly, when Neca released the news of 1/4, I was in mixed feeling, as I just bought HT P1:lol.
However, when I look at my collection, with 1/6 Billy, Royce and Berserker in the lineup, this HT P1 is a must have for me. :)
As a predator movie lover especially 1987 edition, I think these 1/4 are a good addition to my collection.
For me, these 1/4 and 1/6 are in different range, HT P1 is the best available in 1/6 and Neca might be the best available in 1/4, I also have those Neca 8 inch series 1 and 2, they are best in their category.
Happy collecting. :clap

That sums up my feelings aswell. Of course I was lucky to get my 2 Hot Toys P1s at their initial retail price.

i think i'm partial to the closed mouth. Most Predator collectibles are either roaring or wearing the bio, very few closed mandibles.

I do like that NECA went with a more open closed look instead of the real tight, bio wearing look, which even Sideshow used on the dio even though it can't wear the bio, at least with HT it makes sense, though they could do a 3rd mandible set.

I think you have excellent perspective on things bplus73, I feel the exact same way.

As much as I love the bio head, if I had to choose just one, I'd go with the open mouth version. It just looks great.

Back