NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

And of course its the most accurate and best looking Predator ever made.
Tankman ist the best sculptor worldwide !

And thx God this is not 12 scale.:pray:

Lets not go that far. It is one of the best definitely. There are a few Pred out there which are as good sculpt wise like this. I am sure this pred will still has inaccuracy. A few little one, just like at the Pred maquette. The Neca pred has too big necklace for example. But overall it is dead on.

Last edited:

It might be kind of tricky really to get the net off. For me the HT figure is painted nice but the body and skulls could be better.

To be honest the 12" Hot Toys looks terrible.
His body propotions are more than :monkey4
Looks like a clown, just bad

Kyle - Randy confirmed we were getting at least 3 Arnolds from T1 at Toyfair...just want to say thanks for pushing the envelope. No one gets all the details of Schwarzenegger's physique and face as accurate as you.

Yes, the 12 is a masterpiece, looks exactly like him
and the Paint on the face looks with the simple trick https://www.slipper-markt.de/images/categories/Wattestabchen1.jpg ), better than the Promo figure. :clap

Before:

ehxrqb8u.jpg

After:

wybz9326.jpg

I hope Neca made some day a T-800 in 18" scale, than i sold my 12", dont like the size.

Last edited:

It's really cool that comes a 1 / 4 Predator.

I only hope the processing is good and the paint job better than the 7 "figures.
A metalic armor(like the 7" Ebdoskeletton with weathering), darker brown and the right color of the eyes are important.

Only two things annoy me:

1. Three different versions.
This is not customer-friendly, it is pure money making.
With the 7" Figures Neca I can understand, but this would Neca can make interchangeable heads or or a exklusiv version with 3 heads(Comic Con).

2. It would have been really great if we could finally see the Symbols on the arm of the flap(opening Control panel).

Dear God NECA, please, please. please use a differant factory to produce these! :pray:

^^^ Neca really does need to do something about their paint apps. Their figures are amazing in terms of sculpting, but the inconsistent and sloppy paint apps just flat out ruin it for me. But I hope tankman is right and these do end up looking better than their previous figures.

Im hoping for no visible joints.
Anyway Thank You N.E.C.A this figure is a must buy in this scale.

Scuplt is outstanding, N.E.C.A stolen the Predator from the first movie and sold him now for 80 $ :panic:
I think the fans can be happy :wink1:

Last edited:

Just pre-ordered the set of three from BBTS. Really hope that these are impressive and the paint apps are upto par.:pray: I believe NECA will put out a quality figure with these. There's too much riding on this for them to fail.

1st) The Predator line is too much of a cash cow to screw up, with all the various figure possibilities. And Predaholics that will buy these and future releases if the quality is there. .:wave

2nd) This line has the potental to raise there "collectors" status in the higher end collectibles market. The 1/4 scale would be their flag ship line.

Exactly. For a company that calls themselves the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, they could be so much more. If they get this 1/4 Predator right, people WILL buy. And if this leads to even more well-done 1/4 Pred/Alien goodness, people will buy even more. All it takes is that first step towards paint perfection.

Tankman, Neca can not make a more expensive version with all three heads (eg Comic Con Exclusive). You have done such wonderful work in everyone's mind and I want it all.
But I do not need three bodies.
This is too expensive and the space I Spaar for even coming figures.

It would be safe but there are other possibilities.

In addition, it has not exactly customer friendly.

When provided with appropriate quality is not to do with three heads for 80 dollars, ok.

But there should be a way how to get to their heads.

Accesorie sets would also be great to find that two heads are included and even some accessories like a skull and a Base.

If you value these presentations could then buy.

Exactly. For a company that calls themselves the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, they could be so much more. If they get this 1/4 Predator right, people WILL buy. And if this leads to even more well-done 1/4 Pred/Alien goodness, people will buy even more. All it takes is that first step towards paint perfection.

Difficult to expect a paint perfection at a $75 range. I do think that they will in fact improve the paint apps but it's still gonna be behind HT. Funny thing is that I was thinking about making a 1/4 scale P1 with real metal armor, and a few days later I hear this coming from NECA.

If they needed to charge $85 to $90, possibly even $100, to include all three heads with each figure, I think it would still be worth it. I think it has more appeal than that limited Balroq figure from a few years back, which was around that pricepoint and was of similar size and scope.

At the very least, it would be cool to narrow it down to two releases (open mandibles, closed mandibles) and include the helmeted head with each one.

Difficult to expect a paint perfection at a $75 range. I do think that they will in fact improve the paint apps but it's still gonna be behind HT. Funny thing is that I was thinking about making a 1/4 scale P1 with real metal armor, and a few days later I hear this coming from NECA.

Not necessarily at HT's level, but for a larger figure with no sculpted netting to worry about (and that costs two times the price of their normal large pieces), I'd expect it to at least look nice even up close.

Neca could sell absolutely separate the heads and some accessories, so everyone could buy what he wants and the price would still be attractive.

Complicate this thing not to much, everything is fine now.

1X Open mouth Predator pls :thud:

Neca could sell absolutely separate the heads and some accessories, so everyone could buy what he wants and the price would still be attractive.

You absolutely DO NOT know what they can or cannot do and still remain cost effective and make a profit.

Please...enlighten all of us with your knowledge on injection molding (how these figures are made) and the cost effectiveness of how it's done.

Why should it not funktionierenä?

Of course it is.

The head is indeed an item that is produced separately as the hands and feet.
It has for the part of the head is different other shapes and mounted them to the individual heads.

You could also just sell the masked head and the head with open mouth seperately.

Back